Anyone have a 4th of July Epic Food Fail?

Options

Replies

• AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I actually ate WORSE this last weekend - my mother-in-law was in town, and seriously, I think we ate out for all but 2 meals! LOL when I told my trainer, he was like "whoa... that's bad" I'm like "I know, right?" but I thought to myself "but DAMN was it goood!!!" LOL

The in laws will do it everytime! My sister in law is coming in August and I am hurting for some good Brazilian food since we have moved to Kentucky (Brazilian's don't really exist here). I know I am going to "show my *kitten*" that week. Just watch... August 10-15... I will be on here crying with the rest... LMFAO
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Not too bad on the food, but I tried to drink my body weight in tequila last night. I agree with you...not a big deal, oh well, today's a new day, onward and upward!
  • loragp
    loragp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah I did! I ate peanut butter crackers and a glass of milk for breakfast, lots of yummy indulgent things with a glass of Blue Moon Summer Ale for lunch and Mexican food with Dr. Pepper for a late dinner. Oh yeah, I topped it off with 2 late-night scoops of Blue Bell Southern Hospitalty ice cream. I filled out my food diary and when I clicked on "Complete This Entry" and it told me "You will weigh 151 pounds..." (this morning I weighed in at 142). Yikes! I love cheat days.
  • tiffanywheelen
    Options
    Guess I am not alone...Over 400+ calories yesterday. Oh well woke up this morning and started doing vigorous work in the yard. Diary is gonna look good today!!
  • teach54
    teach54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Barbecued ribs and grilled corn on the cob out on the deck with all three of my siblings - does life get any better? And my sister brought two desserts! The four of us are only all together about once a year, so yeah, no regrets. And back on track today!
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    Not too bad on the food, but I tried to drink my body weight in tequila last night. I agree with you...not a big deal, oh well, today's a new day, onward and upward!

Nooooooo Onward and DOWNward! :happy:
  • gina145
    gina145 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Started out with good intentions...but at picnic got real!. Tried to keep portions small, but did eat desserts. I did not have a gain and am back on track today. Picnic on big property and did alot of walk after I ate so I felt like I got some lite exercise in. Holidays are always difficult for me to stay on track!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings class epic fail here!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you consider eating 5 Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes and a small bag of Doritos an epic food fail, then yes. But I still managed to stay well under my caloric limit thanks to two butt-kicking workouts yesterday. :smile:
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not on the fourth, but I treated myself to 3 krispy kreme doughnuts this morning. Uugh. I will pay for that later.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Went nuts yesterday, I had pretty much two days packed into one. But it happens. I am back on track today and drinking lots of water! This is life, not prison!
  • taureanbuddhist
    taureanbuddhist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    guilty...did manage to get in 60 minutes of walking/pushing my 30lb son in his stroller...getting back on track today:)
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did too - and I wasn't even celebrating the 4th of July. I'm Canadian so not even a holiday, it was just a Wednesday for me but it was still one of my worst days in the red since starting MFP! I have got to get back on track today!!

:frown:
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    wasted 108 grams of carbs on 3 tablespoon real maple syrup with my breakfast. Oh well (:
  • drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    I ate about two dozen more chicken wings than I intended but it was definitely worth it!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I planned for the 4th to be my weekly spike day because Big Macs were buy one get one for a penny... and I knew I was getting one. Period. They're delicious. I also knew I'd be grilling filets... so I knew it would be a high cal day.

No epic fail, but it was an epically yummy day! :p
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Went to the movies (by myself because friends fell through) and had 2 large sodas, 1/2 of the cinnamon bites, 1 hot dog with mustard and a container of dibs. I do need to mention this was over 5 hrs of movie watching though.
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lets see....I had bar-b-q pork ribs-extra sauce, pasta salad, baked beans, brownie with ice cream and fresh strawberries. Oh...and Wise potatoe chips as an appetizer. So today is another day and I will hopefully not 'cheat' the rest of the week. I keep telling my self it's not a 'diet' it's a lifestyle change.
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yes, and my poor body is still punishing me for it :-( Now I remember why I try to eat clean LOL
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Oh, yeah. Epic. Drank five beers and ate a whole tabletop of food. LOL! It's okay. Starting over again today.