Anyone have a 4th of July Epic Food Fail?

Options

Replies

• Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    I enjoyed every minute of my eating yesterday! Like everyone else back at it today.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Food Fail?
    No, I had a food binge which I planned, so actually, it's not a failure but a success!:drinker:
    I achieved my goal which was to eat like a rooting hog.
    Remember, life is to be lived, and success is always a choice.
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I had a party and one of my friends brought the most American pizza - a large Dominoes pizza, topped with mini pizzas, topped with bagel bite pizzas, topped with bacon wrapped pizza rolls.

Needless to say, my intake was probably around 3000 calories yesterday. d: No regrets and back on track today!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I ate really well. We had grilled chicken, zucchini, pepper, and pineapple kebobs and corn on the cob, but I drank my weight in pina coladas.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    OMG, you all are killing me. I have the biggest smile on my face right now... Tequila, that sounds like a blast....

Oreo's ... I love them so much. Avoid them at all costs..

My friend bought a Chess pie (kinda like custard pie, just egg's, sugar and vanilla) I didn't touch it.. She left it here and IT KEEPS STARING AT ME..... ha ha ha
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I did it. I am guilty and you know what? I don't think it's a big deal... just got to get back on track today. I sat on here last night and laughed so hard at my diary. It was the worst food day for me since I started getting in shape.. :)

At least you were honest about it! It's done, it's gone and today is a new day - focus on that!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Had a bbq at my place. Ate and ate and ate. And didn't care about counting calories....and my stomach wasn't happy last night.....but it was so worth it. Starting fresh tomorrow with a great workout....now onto rest of the day :-)
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I did great for the Fourth of July but ate too much last weekend at the family reunion. I gained a little over two pounds but almost have it off this morning. Green beans with lard were awesome as were the desserts. But I did a lot better than I have a past reunions. I didn't eat until I was miserable. I did make better choices in what I ate too.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I didn't do too, too bad. I had a Wegmans sub with everything. 7 inches of deliciousness. Luckily for me, my son knock out of my hand when I was about 3/4 of the way done with it and it flew apart on the ground. Huh, that's one way to cut calories. The entire cup of brown sugar and bacon filled baked beans didn't help, either, heh, heh.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I absolutely did...I admit I even gave up on logging :embarassed: But I had a blast and life goes on! :drinker:
  • beesandy1
    beesandy1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had one of my grand daughters and she wanted choc ice cream with rainbow sprinkles... Now everyone know a grandma can not say no to a cute little 4 year old... I did decide to go with the salt sea carmel preztel frozen yogurt with cookie dough bites.. so yummy and never thought about calories the whole time eating out with Miss Brooke... We also went to Bass Pro to view the animals, which she did inform me they were not real, you can touch them and they won't bite and processed to show me.. soooo freaking cute... She wanted some of the down home cookin from McDonalds too... so yes, grandma went to McDonalds.. Great day with the little one and do not regret a calorie... :o)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I had a Canada day Epic Food Fail....
    I indulged every single day of the long weekend! Beer, Vodka Cranberry, Cake, Fast food galore, etc. Not good...

I am detoxing this week though! Extra water and extra cardio...sweating it all out! LOL
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Food Fail?
    No, I had a food binge which I planned, so actually, it's not a failure but a success!:drinker:
    I achieved my goal which was to eat like a rooting hog.
    Remember, life is to be lived, and success is always a choice.

I love this! "Eat like a rooting hog" is exactly what I did last night...Mexican food and a margarita!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I did and it was fantastic! Reading these posts helps to remember about the benefits or laughing it off and getting back on the wagon in all areas of life! Thanks for the boost! :laugh:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I did, and I'm not even American.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Went nuts yesterday, I had pretty much two days packed into one. But it happens. I am back on track today and drinking lots of water! This is life, not prison!

I totally agree with you on that one.... Life is great!
  • LelaYang
    LelaYang Posts: 43
    Options
    Of course! I have a "weekend food fail" every weekend as well. It's not good.
  • ML512RFA
    ML512RFA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I chose to and enjoyed every single bite! (and I am not logging my food for yesterday either!)

My friends and I have planned to identify one "free eat" day out of each month and the 4th was one of them! We went to a BIG potluck party and sampled a little or a lot of everything... free of guilt, shame or remorse! Back on today and no regrets!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I did it. I am guilty and you know what? I don't think it's a big deal... just got to get back on track today. I sat on here last night and laughed so hard at my diary. It was the worst food day for me since I started getting in shape.. :)

My 4th of july meal was 2400 calories. :D I did not sweat it. I enjoyed my day.
  • findusfaithful18
    findusfaithful18 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I definitely did allow myself to cheat yesterday - I had pasta salad, potato salad, and ice cream as my indulgences! However, I still made sure to track everything, to control my portions, and opted for sugar-free ice cream. My husband and I also parked far away from where the fireworks were going off, so we were able to get a good 40-min walk in, which helped. I ended up only 130 calories over, and I made sure to let Jillian Michaels kick my butt this morning, so we're back on track :D

Everything in moderation, right?