Giving up diet fizzy drinks???

Options
1235»

Replies

• Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Just a thought.. Everyone get off your high horse, soap box, pulpit, or other holier-than-thou platform and be responsible for your own health.

If you feel diet drinks are the core issue for being healthy and feeling better, feel free to stop drinking them. If you're ok with whats in a diet drink and enjoy them and aren't suffering any ill effect, keep drinking them. Lets be accountable for our own actions, our own words, and our own fitness goals. Lets leave other people's choices up to them...

Just a thought, someone asked a question and people gave their thoughts. Maybe you should just stay away from these types of threads if you don't like them?

THIS! No one is bashing, opinions were asked for, given and for once stayed on track! Until now!!!
  • TXBlueEyes
    Options
    I drink "real' sodas only rarely. I switched to drinking Zevia (stevia) sodas several years ago, after deciding that liquid calories were my enemy and learning that the "fake" sugars in diet sodas cause you to overeat. I still hate the taste of Zevia, because it takes just like diet soda, but they have a lot of flavors (orange, grape, Dr. Zevia, cola, root beer, lemon/lime, etc) so there is a lot of good variety. They are pretty expensive (over $1/can), so also I have incentive to drink fewer of them. The only time I get "real" soda now is when I'm a) desperate for caffeine when I'm out of the house or b) having a sip of my husband's soda at lunch or dinner.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I see an awful lot of **** slinging over fizzy flavored water. Personally I think drinking anything excessively is going to be bad for your overall health whether it makes you gain weight or not - that goes for sodas (regular or diet), coffees, juices, milk (with any fat content) and even water.

But as far as carbonated drinks go theres been a lot of studies showing that it does increase one's risk of osteoporosis presumably because phosphorus loves to bind with calcium. It's worth looking into.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/84/4/936.full.pdf+html

http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/public_health_nut8.pdf