Cleavage, inappropriate or fine?

Options

Replies

• living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    As a Kinder/1st grade teacher, I don't run around with lots of cleavage at work, but I will say that I'm happy with my 40Ds and when I'm not on the clock...the chicks are usually gracing all with their presence in a tasteful manner of course.
  • Lottie_Clayforth
    Options
    I don't see any problem! Its not like you're just out in a bikini.
    I'm a 36E myself, its sooo uncomfortable and hot to wear higher cut t-shirts.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    <---- I don't dress like this for work.........

Why not? I would probably buy whatever you're selling if you did;) Trinkets, chicklets, pebbles, pixie dust, whatever!
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    More cleavage the better! Ive never heard a man complain about it and any woman that does is probably just jealous

:laugh: :laugh:
  • je551caDan13ls
    Options
    <
    Always sporting cleavage!

I also have a large chest and I believe that as long as there is a "no nipple clause" in your outfits then you are fine. Seems to me you know what is appropriate and wouldn't wear the same types of clothing to work, school, church, and a child filled event. I say go for it.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i wish i had the courage to wear more low-cut tops on my off-time...i'm a 34/36 DD and i'm always conscious of adjusting myself. also, let it be known that i happen to like boobs. mine, and others. and i also love my boyfriend. get it? it's a win win for us all.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS FINE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    THERE ARE KIDS GETTING ICE CREAM & AT THE BEACH.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    <<<<< supports cleavage it's your body do whatever you want...It ain't me BUT I think it's sexy:)
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    For ME (and me only): I have tig ole bitties and think there is a fine line in looking nice and looking like a big ole redneck. When I'm at home I don't care but I try to look really put-together in public. I think I look like a Wal-mart Special if there is too much hanging out there.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I was 12, I enjoyed some DD cleavage too. Don't be hating on the children! If women complain, it's probably because they caught their boyfriend/husband looking.
    Also, don't worry about nip slips. Accidents happen :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Cleavage is like an eclipse, don't look directly at it. Just sort of look near it and get a sense for the wonder of nature.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Ok Ladies - so all this being said...I think we should declare this weekend "I don't give a damn about what people think about my cleavage" weekend and sport some cleavage!!

Al Likes this
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    <---- I don't dress like this for work.........

Why not? I would probably buy whatever you're selling if you did;) Trinkets, chicklets, pebbles, pixie dust, whatever!

because I work in the health service lol
  • detecto
    detecto Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 34DD and am very self-conscious about my cleavage. I do everything I can to cover them up within reason. I usually wear a tank top underneath most shirts to make them more modest- even in the 100 degree weather we are having. The problem is that the CLEAVAGE IS STILL THERE. I do what I can and if it offends someone then so be it. I am not going to wear a turtle neck or my husband's t-shirts everyday.

I don't mind if men happen to notice- they are men after all. But is it really that hard to not look there? I have a face and eyes too! Once glance I understand, but multiple glances and you are on my nerves!

I hope when all is said and done that I lose a bit in my chest area even though my husband disagrees :love: .

It is hard (for me personally) not to look. It's not impossible, I just love a woman who likes to show off her body (short shorts and midriffs also welcome). I don't make gross comments, but I do "check them out". Most women don't seem to mind, but others seem offended. I'm confused because if I'm not disrespectful, why get upset? If you are confident enough to wear something that shows cleavage, I'd imagine you'd like the attention. I don't have a body like "The Rock", but I'm finally starting to get a little definition in the biceps. If I wear a sleeveless shirt, and someone looks or better yet compliments me I'm elated. Am I way off base here?
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I stopped caring what other people think. I have big boobs too, unless I'm wearing a turtleneck my boobs are out there. If you were teaching a kindergarten class with your boobs hanging out, then yeah I'd say it was inappropriate but other than that, wear what you are comfortable in.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    for everyone who more or less said to let things hang out no matter what if you're well-endowed in the breast area.... Well, in that case, I think every well-endowed man should walk around showing what he's got too...that would be fair right?

Only if you're talking about vaginas. I see men without their shirts on everywhere in warm weather. Stores that requires shirts for service usually mean no nipples showing but can't put that on the sign. Though I'd probably shop there for their awesomeness if they did.

I don't allow any hint of cleavage at work and I also don't wear form fitting clothing to work, because it wouldn't be conducive to the work I do. But I also don't try to accentuate any part of my body, sexualized or not, because that's not conducive to my job. I throw on a little make up for some color on days I have time and that's it. I rarely even wear jewelry.

I don't have many cleavage showing outfits because my work is casual wear so just about everything I buy is bought with the mindset of, "Can I wear this to work?" But I do have a few that were slightly less modest than I thought, so I don't wear them to work, but they are still cute and I still want to wear them.

We tell people to love their bodies but are going to get hung up on a little cleavage? There's nothing shameful or secretive about breasts. I find a well sculpted bicep on a woman to be just as pretty and distracting. The slope of the breast begins relatively high up. If they were around the ribs, I'd wonder why someone was trying so hard. But they just happen to start somewhere that isn't always covered by clothing. I don't think women should be restricted to high neck wear to hide something that's not offensive. We shouldn't teach our kids to not be ashamed of puberty but freak out when a child catches a glimpse of a little top of the breast. Girls get so many mixed messages about their bodies that many of them are ashamed when they develop. Because sometimes we act like they are something to be ashamed of. If we stopped acting like they are more powerful than they are, we'd probably actually feel MORE empowered.

/off soapbox.

I realize my arguments could be applied to other parts of the body usually kept covered. But that goes outside of the scope of this thread. :flowerforyou:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    for everyone who more or less said to let things hang out no matter what if you're well-endowed in the breast area.... Well, in that case, I think every well-endowed man should walk around showing what he's got too...that would be fair right?

Only if you're talking about vaginas. I see men without their shirts on everywhere in warm weather.

high five :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of cleavage and it's just fine but as a Christian I choose to keep it covered. Just because God gave it to me doesn't mean I have to flaunt it. :smile:
  • apgant
    apgant Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's your body.....do what makes you feel comfortable. If everyone else is offended at it then they shouldn't look at it or either they are jealous.