Cleavage, inappropriate or fine?

Options
Lately, throughout the summer, I've been wearing yoga pants and a low cut top. It's comfortable and doesn't make me melt with the heat of the summer, my problem is people seem to get pissed off that I'm showing cleavage. I have rather big breasts (DD38) so I have a bit to show off. But I personally don't think it's a bad thing, it's revealing a lot less then a bikini top would, so what's the problem?

Do any other big breasted women have this problem, it seems it's socially acceptable for smaller breasted women to show some cleavage than it is for a big breasted woman.

Am I being to inappropriate, or are people over reacting?

*(I wear low cut things at the beach/ getting ice cream or just laying out in the sun. Never around young kids or work lol)

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    <---- supports cleavage
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When I was a D cup people seemed to have comments whenever I wore a tank top. Now that I'm an A no one seems to even notice. I say if it's hot out to hell with them...it's hot out! Lets see how they'd feel about stuffing those puppies into a t-shirt when its 95 and humid if it were them.
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    As a 38E, I will tell you that

1. It is not appropriate at work
    2. It is appropriate at 99% other places and everybody is jealous!

It's summer and you should not be dying in a turtleneck. Also we should be allowed to wear the same cuts as everyone else. If my cleavage goes up past the neckline then GOOD FOR ME! :laugh:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Probably the wrong person to answer since I live in a beach town and cleavage just is... but I agree with bynsky. It really depends on the venue.
  • donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    No, I don't wear it to work, just when I'm out enjoying the summer weather like a beach or going to get ice cream, that sort of scenario.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine in most places, but agree that work is not the best place. I also have a large chest and have worn low cut shirts for years. If it's done in good taste and doesn't look trashy, then I say go with what you feel good and confident in and screw everyone else.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No, I don't wear it to work, just when I'm out enjoying the summer weather like a beach or going to get ice cream, that sort of scenario.

if you're on your own time, then flaunt your goods.

Thanks for the profile pic. That one always gets my attention.
  • jenigeddon
    jenigeddon Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't like it, don't look!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's fine. And men love it. As a straight woman, I don't care or pay attention to women's reaction to my cleavage.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    In my personal opinion (and I have one, because I have big boobs)...

There's a time and a place for everything. I don't think having big boobs should stop me from wearing cute tops, but have a little common sense with it! I work at a private baptist university, so there's obvious no-no's for low cut shirts...and I'm an athletic trainer, so odds are I'm wearing a sports bra to work (try running the entire length of a soccer field in a real bra - thanks but no thanks).

But my bottom line is - I know I have boobs, just because a guy that I date likes to see them in a low cut top, doesn't mean a mom with her 3 children at wal-mart do. Be conscientious of what you're wearing and where you go (I thought this was a big DUH, but every time I go out in public I'm proven otherwise).

I get sick and tired of every girl that complains that a guy is 'checking out her rack' when she's got the twins propped up/out for the whole world to see. Yes, it is your body and you can do with what you choose....but you're not in this world alone, so whether we like it or not, other people's opinions will happen.

Woah...I guess I had more to say about this then I thought =/....and all this being said as I know I'm wearing a lower cut shirt for my date tonight....but then, time and a place!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Big breasts are beautiful and you shouldn't be made to feel as though they need to be hidden away all the time. But I do think if you're in a working environment or around children a lot, it would probably be a good idea to keep it more modest.
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Being a 34 F I have a lot to flaunt and love doing so. As stated never at work but MOST of the other time absolutley. Be proud of what you have and that gos for all women . . . . large, barely there and everything in between :smile:

Untitled.jpg
  • jenigeddon
    jenigeddon Posts: 16
    Options
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    I guess it depends on who you ask?
    IMO, it's inappropriate at the work place, unless you are a hooker or stripper.

In your house, go balls out.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

"If you got it, flaunt it, ladies. No shame!"
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Always ok
    /end thread
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine in most places, but agree that work is not the best place. I also have a large chest and have worn low cut shirts for years. If it's done in good taste and doesn't look trashy, then I say go with what you feel good and confident in and screw everyone else.

^This. As long as you are comfortable with it and its appropriate for the venue (i.e. business situation), I say go for it!