Cleavage, inappropriate or fine?

Options

Replies

• PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Eh, in my opinion, they're my boobs, and I'll do whatever I want with them (I'm a 38DD).

For years, I was having to wear sweatshirts on hot summer days, and have farmers tans because I would make people 'uncomfortable' if I wore a tank top. Now I don't give a *kitten*, and if they're not able to keep their thoughts off of sex for ten minutes, that's their problem and not mine.

Obviously if you work somewhere with a dress code or are going somewhere with a dress code, it's different. It's like men not being able to go shirtless just anywhere. But in the general public, I'm so done with being 'slut-shamed' because I'm wearing a tank top and I happen to have large breasts. Dear society: Get over it.
  • woods4722
    woods4722 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Let's be real here...women show cleavage for attention, which is fine. The problem is that most of the time they receive unwanted and negative attention. Goes with the territory. If you like to good attention....then you have to expect the unwanted. And cleavage at work is never appropriate. Cleavage after 5pm....Hell Yeah!!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Cleavage is so misunderstood. There is good clevage and there is bad clevage. I dont care how big boobs are, if they are gross, no one wants to see them in any environment. EVER!

I cant tell you how many overweight/obease women I have overheard bragging about how big their boobs are. Harsh truth, but nobody wants to see that *kitten*!

Agree
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Eh, in my opinion, they're my boobs, and I'll do whatever I want with them (I'm a 38DD).

For years, I was having to wear sweatshirts on hot summer days, and have farmers tans because I would make people 'uncomfortable' if I wore a tank top. Now I don't give a *kitten*, and if they're not able to keep their thoughts off of sex for ten minutes, that's their problem and not mine.

Obviously if you work somewhere with a dress code or are going somewhere with a dress code, it's different. It's like men not being able to go shirtless just anywhere. But in the general public, I'm so done with being 'slut-shamed' because I'm wearing a tank top and I happen to have large breasts. Dear society: Get over it.

That's... extreme. You know they make sleeveless tops that cover most everything but are still cool and attractive, right?
  • PANZERIA
    Options

With great cleavage comes great responsibility.

I. Love. This. Lol.
  • PANZERIA
    Options

That's... extreme. You know they make sleeveless tops that cover most everything but are still cool and attractive, right?

How is it extreme? They're my boobs, and they go wherever I want them to go. End of story.
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    This thread needs more pictures.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

How is it extreme? They're my boobs, and they go wherever I want them to go. End of story.

I mean it's extreme that you wore heavy sweatshirts in summer.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am with you in that I normally (outside of work) "let the girls out to play" as my sis puts it! I live in Old Navy V neck tops, and if you have ever worn one you know they are low cut!! Oh and I am a 42 D myself!
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    you can never go wrong with tits.
    tits make any situation better.
    yay tits.

...and the same goes for bacon so by logical extension if cleavage is inappropriate bacon would be inappropriate, and since I've never heard of anyone finding bacon inappropriate cleavage can not be inappropriate

how about if you just cover up the cleavage with bacon?

And suddenly I am starving.
  • Vincentsz
    Options

That's right sister!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Lately, throughout the summer, I've been wearing yoga pants and a low cut top. It's comfortable and doesn't make me melt with the heat of the summer, my problem is people seem to get pissed off that I'm showing cleavage. I have rather big breasts (DD38) so I have a bit to show off. But I personally don't think it's a bad thing, it's revealing a lot less then a bikini top would, so what's the problem?

Do any other big breasted women have this problem, it seems it's socially acceptable for smaller breasted women to show some cleavage than it is for a big breasted woman.

Am I being to inappropriate, or are people over reacting?

*(I wear low cut things at the beach/ getting ice cream or just laying out in the sun. Never around young kids or work lol)

I'm an F cup and 5'3 so I totally get where you're coming from. I used to worry the same, but then a friend of mine (who's actually a B cup) told me not to be stupid and just flaunt it. It is what it is, there's nothing you can do about it. People who don't have big boobs don't realise that no matter what you wear, they're gonna be on show. As long as it's in an appropriate place (which you seem to be doing) then I see no problem with it. The most important thing is to be comfortable. Ignore everyone else.
  • mellycrens
    Options
    Don't worry about it. If they don't like, they don't have to look, right? My policy is that if it shows less than a bikini you're doing wrong, but if you could wear it at a beach (aka - a public place) then wear it. I'm not ashamed to wear my tankini and shorts in the grocery store or the QT when I have to grab something on the way home from the pool. And anyway, what's it matter what others think. If you're comfy and cool, f*** the rest of em who don't like it.
  • Vincentsz
    Options
    Don't worry about it. If they don't like, they don't have to look, right? My policy is that if it shows less than a bikini you're doing wrong, but if you could wear it at a beach (aka - a public place) then wear it. I'm not ashamed to wear my tankini and shorts in the grocery store or the QT when I have to grab something on the way home from the pool. And anyway, what's it matter what others think. If you're comfy and cool, f*** the rest of em who don't like it.

Rock it if u got it!
  • PANZERIA
    Options

I mean it's extreme that you wore heavy sweatshirts in summer.

Oh, lol, sorry.

Yeah...it really sucked. But it was either that or get insulted, lol.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    No, I don't wear it to work, just when I'm out enjoying the summer weather like a beach or going to get ice cream, that sort of scenario.

if you're on your own time, then flaunt your goods.
    This. I'm 56 yrs old and rather big breasted (now). I don't tolerate heat well. At work, I make sure my tops come up to an appropriate level. Anywhere else is at my discretion. I didn't have anything much to show when I was younger. I like having it now, and while I don't remove all need for imagination - I do demonstrate that I have a rack and that I'm not afraid to show it off a bit.

:flowerforyou:
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Let's be real here...women show cleavage for attention, which is fine. The problem is that most of the time they receive unwanted and negative attention. Goes with the territory. If you like to good attention....then you have to expect the unwanted. And cleavage at work is never appropriate. Cleavage after 5pm....Hell Yeah!!

That's complete bs. There probably are some women who show cleavage for attention but saying we all do it is c**p. That's like saying all men wear t shirts that show off their biceps and abs just because they want people to look. Which is, again, c**p. I'm actually kinda insulted. I wear what I feel comfortable in and not because I either want or expect attention. I'm aware that the very fact I have big boobs will make men look but they would look (and do) even if they were covered up. It's not all about attention.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Anyone that hates cleavage, hates freedom!
    Don't be a freedom hater!

End thread.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Ok this just reminded me of the following from Busty Girl Comics: http://bustygirlcomics.com/tagged/comics

tumblr_m6nvyyF6Wh1rone1bo1_500.jpg

I definitely think there is a double standard for sure, but of course cleavage has its place.
  • today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    im a 34D, i spend my days in scrubs which are light weight and comfy. out with husband or a day off i wear low cut tank tops, low cut cute shirts, i even have a few tube top dresses. ill tell ya i go to the bar with my husband and we get great service and free drinks sometimes. i say screw the jealous women, they just wish their cleavage was as gorgeous as ours