Cleavage, inappropriate or fine?

Options

Replies

• raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Let's be real here...women show cleavage for attention, which is fine. The problem is that most of the time they receive unwanted and negative attention. Goes with the territory. If you like to good attention....then you have to expect the unwanted. And cleavage at work is never appropriate. Cleavage after 5pm....Hell Yeah!!

"Let's be real"? Really?

The only shirts I own that do not show cleavage are either men's tshirts or men's sweaters. Also I want to point out that THOSE shirts make my boobs like bigger and rounder, and ti's then that i personally get more comments. So pardon me if I want to wear girl clothes. A low-cut v-neck on a 34B may show no cleavage while the same shirt on a 38DDD will show a TON of cleavage. Why shouldn't we be able to wear the same clothes?

If you're uncomfortable with people looking then cover it up. If you don't care, then FLAUNT it. I don't care. But just because it's on display doesn't mean it's for sale. LOOKING is fine, great, whatever, I can't stop everyone's eyes. But it's the idiot jerks at bars who go WOOAHH TITS *disgusting comment*.. those are the ones I kick in the *kitten* with my pointy-toed shoe.

And as for those attention-seekers, not only do the wear the lowest-cut tops, but also the shortest skirts, the highest shoes, the fake tan, the *kitten* makeup, etc, ya know, they ones that look like hookers. Whereas if I dress for an evening out, (I do not dress like a lady of the evening) it will be a dress that is knee-length, 2 or 3" heels (not 6"), regular makeup, regular hair (which always sucks regardless) and YES, some cleavage.

There's a difference between looking for attention, and just wanting to look nice.

And my cleavage looks NICE.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine I am also that size and I think it's completely appropriate to wear that. Girls with flat chests can do it. So why can't we?? If you got it flaunt itttt
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :sad: I want big boobs
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Always appropriate, unless it just gets ridiculous, and you're showing more boob than what's covered.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I hate cleavage for online shopping, the shirt looks adorable on the model, then I have to factor in that my chest is at least 3 cup sizes larger than hers. Haha. It makes buying clothes without trying them on nearly impossible unless I feel like everyone getting an eyefull.
  • DelainaB
    DelainaB Posts: 28
    Options
    I struggle with this too. I'm a mom and a 36DD so sometimes not only am I considering can I wear this without looking like a ho, but I'm wondering if whatever top is too "slutty" for a mom. I feel like many of the tops that I wear wouldn't be revealing if I didn't have large boobs, so where as a flatter chested person can get away with a top without looks, I, in the same thing....get stares.

I've finally come to the conclusion that I can't live in a mu-mu just because I have a large chest. I have a daughter, and I think there's a fine line between teaching morality, and teaching her to be ashamed of her body. As long as you are within the dress code of where ever you are I don't see any issue with a low cut tank top. Breasts are nothing to be ashamed of, and a little cleavage never hurt anybody.
  • pandorajinel
    Options
    Semi unpopular opinion, but if you are getting stares you are probably showing too much cleavage. Nobody ever believes me, but there really isn't that much difference coolness wise between someone wearing a tank top and someone wearing a thin long sleeved t-shirt (believe me, I've done both in my life time), but I don't expect everyone to dress as I do.

To clarify I am only talking about when you are out and about. It's never appropriate at work and it's your own business what you wear in your own home.
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's hot here too! When I'm not wearing suits and bras and demure tops to work, I wear lots of cleavage baring tops. My husband loves it (he bought most of them for me) and his opinion is the one that matters most to me.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Big, small, covered, on display.... I love boobies! :flowerforyou:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go warm up my motorboat.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i don't care if other dress like that, but i wouldn't.

maybe once i lose some weight ;P
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i think at work its inappropriate and even with some family functions etc. Like if im with my parents/inlaws of some sort I kinda make sure I am not over exposed...I don't know that's just me. Now that I'm a mom, i still have a little cleavage but not un-tastefully were ppl stare at me. I am also a DD so i make sure tops fit my body in a comfortable way.

But hey if you feel comfortable then go for it !
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    I'm a 32H and i struggle to keep them hidden away but as a christian and just in myself i prefer to keep them as "away" as i can! I don't want anyone perving on my boobs and they bug me most of the time. Not that i don't think boobs are great but why does anyone want to see what I've got? It doesn't kill to think that most people don't want to see everything, so try and dress with a bit of respect for yourself and for others.

On the other hand, that won't stop me from wearing a tank top on a hot day, i just try to get the right size and not one that shows everything. And i try to wear an appropriate bra so they're not up and out and in mine and others faces! Or i wear a really light little cardigan over the top so i'm still cool but covered. There are options without having it all hanging out!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    No, I don't wear it to work, just when I'm out enjoying the summer weather like a beach or going to get ice cream, that sort of scenario.

if you're on your own time, then flaunt your goods.

Says the lady showing cleavage in her profile pic :laugh:

Hunny, God gave them to you, show them!! I was a 40H at one point.. now I'm more like a 36E, but I flaunt my whenever, wherever.. if anyone has something to say about that they can buy me a new wardrobe. I still wouldn't wear that crap anyway!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I JUST HAD MY GIRLS DONE AND YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE THE LOOKS I GET NOW....
    I GET DIRTY LOOKS FROM WOMEN BECAUSE THEY ARE SO NEW I CAN'T WEAR BRA'S YET AND MY NIPPLES GET HARD. NOT MY FAULT, I'M HUMAN AND IT'S ACTUALLY PAINFUL.
    MEN SEEM TO ENJOY THE VIEW BUT THIS COULD BE THE MUSCLE TANKS I WEAR OR THE TOPS I AM IN. I DON'T REALLY SHOW MUCH BUT THEY ARE PERKY SO THEY KIND OF COMMAND ATTENTION LOL.
    AS THEY HEAL THEY ARE DROOPING A LITTLE MORE AND I DIDN'T GET IMPLANTS SO THE FULLNESS AT THE TOP IS SETTLING INTO A MORE TEARDROP NATURAL SHAPE. I WILL BE GLAD WHEN I CAN FINALLY WEAR A SEXY PUSH UP BRA.
    THEN I'M REALLY GONNA GET SOME LOOKS ;)
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    <---- supports cleavage

Snap
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Living in TO I find that if you're overweight you're immediately judged for showing cleavage etc. but if you're thin you can wear whatever you want and show as much skin as you want no matter if you look bad or aren't attractive and you're hot and congratulated for doing it. I find the weight thing automatically determines what guys in TO think is appropriate for you to wear, how you should act, what your worth is, whether you can beautiful, etc.....I say, if you feel comfortable in it then wear it!
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Cleavage is always welcome wherever I am

Firm supporter of cleavage

:bigsmile:
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    <~~~ cleavage? yes, please.

Seriously though, if I showed cleavage at work I'd never get anything done for all the asshats hovering in my office doorway. . .
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Big, small, covered, on display.... I love boobies! :flowerforyou:

I'd like to second this