Cleavage, inappropriate or fine?

Options

Replies

• futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Let's be real here...women show cleavage for attention, which is fine. The problem is that most of the time they receive unwanted and negative attention. Goes with the territory. If you like to good attention....then you have to expect the unwanted. And cleavage at work is never appropriate. Cleavage after 5pm....Hell Yeah!!

That's complete bs. There probably are some women who show cleavage for attention but saying we all do it is c**p. That's like saying all men wear t shirts that show off their biceps and abs just because they want people to look. Which is, again, c**p. I'm actually kinda insulted. I wear what I feel comfortable in and not because I either want or expect attention. I'm aware that the very fact I have big boobs will make men look but they would look (and do) even if they were covered up. It's not all about attention.

Preach it! I know women that wear outfits because they love the clothes. They do it to look good for themselves, not for men.
    To blame women and say "oh well they wore it, so they want us to look" is bull****. Men should have self control.
    It's like ****s that say "well she was wearing a short skirt, so she was asking for it.." Total bulls**t.
    Everyone loves to blame the victim because it excuses their own guilt. Weak.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Speaking for all men.
    Cleavage is fun.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    As a public service for the ladies of MFP, I am willing to offer a thumbs up or thumbs down on any questionable attire. Simple PM a few pictures, and as the trained professional that I am, I will reply with my unbiased opinion.

...to answer the OP's question, your profile picture would be bad at my office, but I think is fine if I ran into you at the mall or a grocery store. Can't imagine what all the fuss over the human body is anyway.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I would always get detention or Saturday school because of the dress code. I couldn't help that I had more to show. :grumble: It was just the way that the shirts that I thought were cute were made. I thought it was really unfair. I have grown to love my girls (38DD) and I don't really try to show them off but they tend to show themselves off. :blushing: Do what you want, it's nobody's business. To each their own. You seem like you know when it is appropriate.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    i think cleaveage was made to be shown. Its like the girl that talked about pics with bra and panties! Dah! whats bad about that!!!
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If it gets the label "cleavage" then you're clearly not showing enough.

Have you seen her profile pic? Its more nipple than cleavage and I wholeheartedly recommend it. Its not inappropriate. :)
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    somebody said earlier, cleavage is fun.

but to me, a woman with eyes that are filled with love, sincerity, and happiness, rocks!

really, really, that's what counts.
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    Bring on the ta-tas!!!! I love boobs :) I will also put in a disclaimer: This advise should not be taken when going to workplace, church, teaching Sunday School, or chaparoning a field trip for your 8th grade son's class :) Any other time, I believe the girls need freedom, air, and to hold themselves high with pride and not hang low in shame :D
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Let's be real here...women show cleavage for attention, which is fine. The problem is that most of the time they receive unwanted and negative attention. Goes with the territory. If you like to good attention....then you have to expect the unwanted. And cleavage at work is never appropriate. Cleavage after 5pm....Hell Yeah!!

That's complete bs. There probably are some women who show cleavage for attention but saying we all do it is c**p. That's like saying all men wear t shirts that show off their biceps and abs just because they want people to look. Which is, again, c**p. I'm actually kinda insulted. I wear what I feel comfortable in and not because I either want or expect attention. I'm aware that the very fact I have big boobs will make men look but they would look (and do) even if they were covered up. It's not all about attention.

Absolutely. I have never worn anything to get attention for my cleavage. I HATE men ogling it, but as a 32J as I was at one point, there was literally nothing I could wear that didn't look like I was flaunting it. Having big breasts doesn't mean you want people to stare at them. I am finding it quite refreshing and also a little strange now that they have shrunk to a semi normal size (28F) that people seem able to converse with my face.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Ok this just reminded me of the following from Busty Girl Comics: http://bustygirlcomics.com/tagged/comics

tumblr_m6nvyyF6Wh1rone1bo1_500.jpg

I definitely think there is a double standard for sure, but of course cleavage has its place.

WOW, that is SO TRUE! I used to get this with my sister all the time.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I think its fine if you have nice breasts. My opinion again, I think it can look a little gross when the breasts are saggy or wrinkly.

I can't really talk though, I have little itty bitties. I'm basing this on what I'd rather look at if your cleavage was in my face on the subway.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Keeping show 'em off! For every person that gives you a dirty look, you probably made another 10 people very happy. No harm can come from more boobs.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    rock that cleavage!
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I don't get any comments, despite every shirt I own showing cleavage. I probably wouldn't at work, especially a professional job, but otherwise...I don't see a problem with showing cleavage. It's a really hot summer. Wear what keeps you cool. Let people get pissed off. It's probably just jealousy.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i wear what you do everywhere n i am proud of my look. if i feel comfortable then other ppl can basically **** off. u got the cleavage so flont it! its you! part of you n if u like the way you look go for it
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im not super busty but I say go for it. If you are respecting work, elder people, religious places.. Leave it out.. I would if I had them..
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'm a DDD and I don't have problem with showing some cleavage. There's a vast difference between showing some cleavage and practically letting your sweater puppies roll out of your top. I've seen women of all cup sizes who pass that line and make it inappropriate and almost painful to look at because you swear the one time you look will be the point of no return and they'll come out to chat.

That being said, a lot of people depending on age group and I suppose living area don't know the difference. They see the slightest hint of the "boob crack" and wrinkle their noses and cry slut. Those are the people you pray have defunct genitals.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That comic is SO true, my god. Haha. Shirts that look totally fine on girls with smaller chests make me look like I'm trying to dress slutty.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem myself, though i do agree that for most workplaces it would be inappropriate.

Having been big busted all my life I have learned that you don't need to show cleavage to get negative comments or behaviour. You could wear a baggy turtleneck and some men will just stare, and some women will be rude. The men are easier to deal with.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    It's double standards all over the place. I'm a bigger chested lady and get comments all the time, work or not. It's totally not fair and you unfortunately have to deal with it, so you can either appease everyone and be hot, OR, you can do what's gonna make you the most comfortable.
    Boobs are boobs. As one guy said 'you would have to wear a garbage bag, but even then it would have to be inflated so your stuff wouldn't stick out, for no one to notice anything. Cant always hide them