sick of it now

Options
124»

Replies

• bartleby9
    bartleby9 Posts: 30
    Options
    Rather than having a few normal sized meals, try having 6 small meals each staying close to 200-300 calories. That in itself won't let you eat any 'junk food' because you won't have enough calories to spend on it.
    I get up around 6:30am and go to bed close to 10pm. So, generally I eat multigrain low cal toast and low cal preserves for breakfast, a small protein shake at 10, some veggies and tofu with low sodium soy sauce for lunch, a greek yogurt at 3 for snack, a healthy choice frozen dinner for dinner around 6, and another 6oz yogurt for snack around 830. That said, I am generally ALWAYS hungry, but I'm not starving... usually... recently I've been adding flax seed to my yogurt to keep me full longer.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I will be the one saying it doesn't matter to weight loss what you eat. It matters to other things. But you can lose weight on Twinkies if you have a deficit.

But I glanced at the calorie totals only from the past week and you seem to average around 1900. I don't recall your size but I couldn't lose at 1900. I burn about that much most days.
    The reason ive been upping them was to lose weight and ive been eating some of my exercise cals, like i was told to by people on here.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My goal weight loss was about the same as yours -- it's not really a lot, so things go a lot more slowly. I watched my food intake carefully, worked out like a bandit, and it took 8 months to reach goal weight, plus I've lost lots of inches, am really toned, look and feel great. I'd say a major change kicked in after 6 months. It took a long while, but I'm so glad I didn't give up.

Also, looking at your diary, as others have said, try to eat breakfast and eat a little more clean. (Although do treat yourself every now and again!)

BTW, I'm going to be 50 in a couple of months and never thought I could look so rockin' at this age. Good luck! A bit of patience and persistence and you can do it!

P.S. I eat my exercise calories back to net 1200-1500 although sometimes I'll go a little under to have space to splurge a bit on other days. Upping my calories so I am always at *least* averaging 1200-1400 a day each week has helped. Netting under an average of under 1200 and I stalled. Took the advice of folks on this site and it worked.

P.S. again -- the routine that I committed to that has worked great for me is weight/strength training 3x/week (for one hour each session), 3 sessions of 45-60 high intensity cardio a week, 2 sessions of 30 minute interval cardio a week, and walking the dog daily. I should also mention body fat has gone from 28.4% to 23%.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have looked back over your diary for the last 2 weeks and you are only close to hitting your macros on about half of those day at best, it's time to take some responsibility.

Go back and work out
    BMI
    TDEE
    take 20% away that is your new calorie goal EVERY DAY.

Macros 40% carbs, 35% pro 25% fat.

Hit them every day without fail, lift some weights 3 times per week and come back in a month. Or you can continue to feel sorry for yourself. I don't mean to be overly harsh but it's the truth.

this^
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I know this week has had alot more sugar, but it wasnt before. and all im doing is trying to eat more, so ive purposely been eating them just to add calouries. Since now doctors say too much protien is harmfull for your body, ie like the atkins diet.

You've made your diary private so I can't see it now, but you don't add sugar to meet your daily calorie goals. Too much protein is not harmful, the atkins diet was harmful because it cut out fruit and carbs.
    Messing up one day can ruin the whole week, people are saying they looked at 3 weeks worth and nothing was good in there.
    You seem to have a lot of excuses, no need to take anything personally, people are just pointing out your eating habits are not conducive to you losing weight. Three weeks is a good sample to take from.
  • mollyW2012
    mollyW2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's more than just reducing calories - it's also what you eat. Dump all the processed food and sugar. Stick with lean meats, veggies, fruits, and whole grains. You will not only lose weight, but feel soooo much better.

Good luck!

Exactly.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I really think she is just here to argue. Everything that can be said has been said. No more crap. More fruits and veggies. More water.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I will be the one saying it doesn't matter to weight loss what you eat. It matters to other things. But you can lose weight on Twinkies if you have a deficit.

But I glanced at the calorie totals only from the past week and you seem to average around 1900. I don't recall your size but I couldn't lose at 1900. I burn about that much most days.
    The reason ive been upping them was to lose weight and ive been eating some of my exercise cals, like i was told to by people on here.

I know 'eat more' is the mantra here but there really is no authority that says eating more causes increased weight loss. The starvation mode thing doesn't really become something to fear unless you're at crash diet levels, which is under 800 calories a day of food intake (not 'net').

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I didn't read whole thread, but would say it's important to keep healthy eating and exercise as part of your lifestyle generally, and perhaps put the scale on the back burner for a while.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I know this week has had alot more sugar, but it wasnt before. and all im doing is trying to eat more, so ive purposely been eating them just to add calouries. Since now doctors say too much protien is harmfull for your body, ie like the atkins diet.

You've made your diary private so I can't see it now, but you don't add sugar to meet your daily calorie goals. Too much protein is not harmful, the atkins diet was harmful because it cut out fruit and carbs.
    Messing up one day can ruin the whole week, people are saying they looked at 3 weeks worth and nothing was good in there.
    You seem to have a lot of excuses, no need to take anything personally, people are just pointing out your eating habits are not conducive to you losing weight. Three weeks is a good sample to take from.

the atkins diet does NOT totally cut out fruit and/or carbs. Phase one is the most restrictive, basically only allowing 2 cups of salad a day. By maintenance, you are eating pretty much ANYTHING you want in small quantities. I have cut my carbs down to 100g net for 8 weeks now and have lost almost 15 pounds--2.5 in the last week--and never feel hungry or deprived. Yesterday I ate both a frozen fruit bar AND half a kit kat bar after I ate all my healthy food, and was down another 0.6lbs today :)
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to point out, as an Organic Chemist, so yes I do have a position to speak on this subject, that just because person A can eat cheeseburgers and lose weight, does not mean you can. Everyone is different. The BMR for me is not the same for you. In order to lose weigh with any efficiency, you gotta know that.

Also, Losing weight needs to be more than dropping a few lbs. it has to be a lifestyle change. I know, personally, I struggle with it daily. Look at my diary. I try to eat right, but it is hard. So I do understand, however, that stuffs has got to go. I know it, you know, everyone here knows it.

I do not care what anyone else says, Weight lose is as simple as calories in vs calories out. However, we go back to the life style change. You can be skinny and die of heart disease. You can be skinny and have diabetes. Losing weight needs to be a complete lifestyle change. Don't shoot for a goal weight, instead, shoot for the healthiest you can be. If you are doing that, the weight will come off no matter what. I'm not attacking you, please do not feel like I am. I'm on your side, my diary is public anyone can see it... And it tells the truth. I make mistakes, I eat the wrong stuff, but i always make up for it, and when I do, I am accountable to myself.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I know 'eat more' is the mantra here but there really is no authority that says eating more causes increased weight loss. The starvation mode thing doesn't really become something to fear unless you're at crash diet levels, which is under 800 calories a day of food intake (not 'net').

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152
    And "eat more" is very subjective. Eat more than...what? 1200? than BMR? than... 800? than 500?...than you did while gaining weight?
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    She made her diary private because people critiqued what she was eating and told her where she could improve instead of telling her she is doing everything perfect and has a uniquely resistant body where burning fat is concerned... sometimes the truth hurts. For myself as well. I am my own worst enemy.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hazel, what is your activity level setting? The first place I would cut back is on exercise calories. Even if you feel the cleaning is justified because you are moving around, you are maintaining instead of losing. That pretty much means you are taking in what your body needs to stay where it is at. So you may want to consider that cleaning part of your TDEE instead of bonus exercise.