Replies

• clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Couldn't zip my nice dress for my birthday up :/
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The moment I read the scale at 197.8lbs. :noway: My highest ever. I was determined to NEVER make it to 200, so here I am! :bigsmile:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself and was mortified...and thought enough is enough! Heart problems run in my family, saw my grandmother die from it, my mother is overweight and thought thats not going to be me...I want a healthy heart and a long life so that was my moment...also a relative said I was looking chubby , that did it too..
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    promised myself I would never weight more than 200 pounds last summer, now around 15 lbs past that.

also looking at pictures of me and my skinny boyfriend, my chubby face just keeps getting chubbier and chubbier!
  • kale_powered
    kale_powered Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I almost had that WTF moment when I realized I was closer to 200 lbs than to what was considered my "healthy" weight and my size 14 pants were really tight. But I still didn't care enough, the real WTF moment came when after a few months of being vegan, I'd lost almost 15 pounds just from what I ate, and figured I'd might as well work out and actually watch what I was eating and finish what was already started.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Pretty much when my Mom bought me a pair of jeans for Christmas, I looked at the size and said "Mom these are huge!!" When I put them on they hardly fit.I was spilling out the top ICK... THAT was the breaking point! I sulked for two months then kicked myself in the *kitten* :)
  • kmillar1224
    kmillar1224 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The moment that I was letting my insecurities surrounding my body was wrecking my relationship. Working hard on fixing that!!
  • the_hotness
    the_hotness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I realized that other women were beginning to feel comfortable around me because I was no longer a threat. I'm cute, but I am (was) the fat wingman.

When I'm at my peak, my female friends either step their game up, or bow out totally.

Yeah, I said it. :huh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • KHoiriis
    KHoiriis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mt WTF moment(s)... I had just turned 29 and I was enormous. Well over 300 lbs. A friend asked me to go to OA with her. I did and it was successful, I lost 1/2 of my body weight in 9 months, kept it off for 2 years. Then the weight started creeping back up, went back to OA and lost that weight again 20-30 lbs. Kept it off for awhile. Now I own my own business and the weight is coming back with a horrible vengeance. I have a closet full of cute clothes I can not wear, I have terrific pictures of me when the weight was down... I want to be there again. I never did do exercise through any of that though, and thats where the change is this time.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    My WTF moment- was that I had been training for and completed a 9k run, and thought that I was looking great- until I saw pictures of myself and I still looked awful. Even with all the running I was doing, I still wasn't losing weight. So I got on MFP and set a goal for myself.

I finally made my goal weight- but currently struggle with my self image and still feeling like I am a bigger girl.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Was at the beach and was playing ultimate frisbee and could feel my booty and thighs shake everytime I ran.
  • stonegirldancing
    stonegirldancing Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I realized I was 17lbs away from my highest weight and 58lbs over my lowest weight. Knew I had to get back on track and find a healthy medium.

PS: 155 wasn't my starting weight, it was 168.
  • leonalynn
    leonalynn Posts: 8
    Options
    I was a size 4 easily. Then my mother died. Then the man that I was head over heals dumped me. I flung myself into a huge depression and started to grow a root on the couch. I wouldn't go anywhere for days at a time. Stopped my normal activities. Turned 40 and the weight was just creeping up. I ignored it for awhile, but one of my favorite activities was clothes shopping and nothing was cute on me anymore. All of a sudden I was in a size 16! Mortified, I still did nothing...until I wanted to try to have a baby and my body was/is not in any condition, so I finally decided to join a bootcamp. The weight is not coming off as quickly as I would like...9 pounds in 4 or 5 months...ugh.

Anyhow, I can look back and see that the depression was a key cause of my severe weight gain. Not in my depression mode anymore, but the weight that I have now sometimes puts me back there again, but I just have to fight through it.
  • poetgurl2005
    Options
    When I got on the scale and weighed more then I did when I gave birth to my children. I am no pregnant, I have no reason to weigh that much. Plus I want to lose the weight before we decide to start trying for another child. I don't want my OB file to have OBESE wrote across the top in big red letters this time.

24615602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KDCrocker
    KDCrocker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My WTF moment was the birth of my sweet baby girl. I was married last year (and never found the motivation to get in shape before the wedding), and thought I'd have a few months to get my butt in gear before we would get pregnant. Nope, 2 weeks later I was pregnant. I didn't really let things get out of control when I was pregnant, but I knew I didn't start out in the best of health. The real eye opener was when my little girl came a full month early. She spent almost 2 weeks in NICU, and it was the hardest 2 weeks of my life. Not a second went by that I didn't wonder if my weight/generally poor health had something to do with her coming early (even though the docs assured me they found no cause, she was just ready to come out). She is now a happy, healthy 5 month old, but I am determined to get and stay healthy for her. I want to be a mom she is proud of and be a healthy example for her. And if we decide to have another baby someday, I never want to wonder again if my health is hurting my baby.
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I bought my wedding dress as soon as my fiancé proposed, it was a bit tight and I knew I'd have to lose about 7lbs or so... Then I had my son, we get married in ten months and I'm now about 28lbs from fitting in the dress !!!
  • JammerJ19
    JammerJ19 Posts: 2
    Options
    My first should have decades ago! In fifth grade I was asked if I knew what cellulite was... In High School (at my heaviest) my best friend's grandfather teased me incessantly for hours at a dinner, to the point I locked myself in the bathroom for hours until it was time to leave! A few years ago, my sister wanted to go horse back riding as part of her bachelorette party but I couldn't go because I was to heavy so no one went. Just this past October I agonized over booking a flight on Southwest because I knew they were going to make me buy an another seat and I flat out couldn't afford it. I went so far as to measure my a**! Needless to say, I crammed myself into a seat on Jet Blue! I am now approaching the size I wore in High School and was just heckeled at a concert and it crushed me. But my ultimate WTF moment was finding out my father had his first heart attack on my 7th birthday while he was picking up my bike. Enough is enough.
  • beauty2323
    beauty2323 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pants size went up and up and up. My stomach got big. ( most of my weight is on my legs, never had a stomach problem)
    Seeing pictures of myself.
    My mother constantly telling me I'm gaining weight.
    Having a miscarriage.
    :frown:

(As you can see it took a lot of WTF moments to finally get my *kitten* moving!!!_

But now I'm a work in progress! :happy:
  • Emmalindley
    Emmalindley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a hen do recently and had to dress up in fancy dress - despite having months to get in shape for it I didnt lose even 1 pound. The hen do was last weekend and I just had to get through it in 2 different costumes being the fat girl.

Now Ive got 8 weeks to the wedding and I am so determined to look nice in a dress and for the other people who I met on the hen do to think WOW shes lost weight!!!
  • Dionysus35
    Dionysus35 Posts: 74
    Options
    About 3 years ago, I had a doctor's visit where she bluntly said, "You're overweight and unhealthy. If you don't change your habits now, you'll be dead in ten years." Word for word, she just laid it out there. Then she mocked my posture as I was sitting on the exam table. That was my "Come to Jesus" moment.

I'm so glad she was willing to say that. I was 32 and weighed 256 pounds. 3 years on, I'm 191 and in the best shape of my life. Kuddos to her.