Your wtf i need to get in shape moment.

Options

Replies

• soymilkcoffee
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale, I saw 160 pounds and I flipped out. I rounded up to 200 pounds in my head for some reason. I knew I needed to change for real this time. :)
  • Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started trying to have a baby last year and I guess I wanted to be very fit and healthy before-hand, so that I can keep it up during and after pregnancy.... a healthy start for the baby and lots easier for me to get back into shape.
    16 weeks pregnanct and this lifestyle has made everything a lot easier! :flowerforyou:
  • Angelsrose12
    Angelsrose12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was super successful with Weight Watchers pre points plus, then my dad killed himself. I was distraught and gained back all of the weight. I slowly took off some of the weight with the points plus system a year later, but struggled so much with it I gave up. Then I stepped on a scale after a vacation with loads of walking, expecting to have lost weight and was over what I was pre-Weight Watchers. I couldn't take it anymore and decided I needed to try something new.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I was 263lbs and I went to an amusement park with my family. I got on one o the roller coasters and the lap-safety-belt wouldn't reach around me to fasten.. I had to get up and leave while everyone else watched. I was so humiliated.
    Later that day one of the men (looked to be late 20s or 30) who rode it when I had to get off and leave made cow noises at me. Teenagers did things like that to me at school constantly, but it hurt a lot more coming from a grown man.
    That day really changed my life. I'm so glad it did. :smile:
  • bushs99
    bushs99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My WFT moment was when I sat down to look at the pictures from my daughters wedding June 2011 and then our Hawaii trip which was a month later. I looked horrible in those pictures and it didn't matter what we went through to look nice or relax. I looked horrible.

I finally said I've has enough and talked to my friend who'd been telling me about My Fitness Pal. I've been on ever since. To bad I didn't listen to her when she first told me about it, guess I wasn't ready.

I still need to lose another 40lbs, but its amazing how good I feel now and how much I've accomplished since I started in August 2011.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When I realized that other women were beginning to feel comfortable around me because I was no longer a threat. I'm cute, but I am (was) the fat wingman.

When I'm at my peak, my female friends either step their game up, or bow out totally.

Yeah, I said it. :huh:

:laugh: :laugh:

LMAOOOOOOOOOO. What she said!
  • misao1994
    misao1994 Posts: 78
    Options
    I decided to just measure my waist for kicks and realized I had added 5 inches onto my waist(always the smallest part of my body) and then weighed myself. At my smallest I was 155lbs with a 25in waist. It was not cool! And so I was done. And I've been done ever since.
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I was put on insulin....in January, made lifestyle changed in March...was off the insulin in March ;) Since then I have tried my hardest to do what I need to....

My top weight was a little over 300 pounds... I am now almost 40 pounds lighter and my thyroid meds are lower, no more insulin, oral diabetes pills, stopped a blood pressure medicne...

I feel so much better and am mad I let my body get this way in the 1st place...Never should have gotten past 150... My children are happy with my loss so far....my children check calories now as well, in a healthy way...
  • bazzawood30
    bazzawood30 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did not want to be a fat dad, I saw other dads filling out did not want to go the same way. 202lbs down to 170lbs.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I had a few of them. . .

1. My jean size (clothes size, in general) kept creeping up and up and I wouldn't buy past a size 10. I was busting the heck out of them when I realized "OMG I must fix this now". Technically, I would say I was a 12 in denial.

2. I saw my weight on the scale and about died on the spot.

3. I managed to hide from the camera for most of a 1-1 1/2 year period, but then an old friend came to visit. A picture was taken of me at 180.6 lbs (I was weighed for the Biggest Loser Challenge I was doing the day the pic was taken) and she posted it on Facebook. I wanted to curl up in a ball and die... and then I joined MFP the very next day and changed my eating habits. My whole perspective changed from that point on. I am now back in a size 6, and the occasional 8.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I had one last year when I realized that I weighed the exact same as my 6'01" brother. I lost 12 pounds by Thanksgiving but then stopped working out due to life getting in the way. Just before my youngest son's 2nd birthday I realized that I had gained all the weight I had lost back. I had heard about this place and set a start date of June 11th, the day after my son's birthday party. :drinker:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Stepping on the scale at the Dr office and realizing I weighed the same as I did when I was 9 months pregnant!!!
  • reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When i started to gasp for air when I wiped my *kitten* :laugh:
  • clamoreaux2012
    Options
    First it was my sister's death, she was very obese and had all the typlical risk factors associated with it. Out of the three girls in my family I had always remained the "smallest" which I attributed to my more active lifestyle, even though I had steadily been gaining for the past 10 years. She died suddenly from a brain bleed which more than likely was cause by untreated high blood pressure. She left behind two children and a husband who had been fighting a brain tumor for the past few years. I realized I didn't want that to happen to me... I went running to the doctor. My weight loss was going great.

I got pregnant and after I put on MORE weight, and thats when I got hurt. Having ridden horses for years, including training my current horse since the time he was a baby, I didn't think anything to hopping back on my horse after my pregnancy. Sure I was "larger" but I own a draft horse who can carry much more than my weight. He has always been mellow and laid back. We were out riding just walking and he got startled and I fell off, I should have been able to stay on since I have ridden through much worse situations in my time with horses. I wasn't in shape enough to do so. I ended up with a dislocated shoulder, sprained neck, and thankfully I had a helmet on so I only had a concusion.

After falling off my horse I realized I had not only gotten fat and would end up like my sister... but I had gotten too fat to do the things I love! Plus I want to be a good role model for my daughter.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Went to college and saw tons of jacked guys, didnt want to be the skinny little kid any more
  • doug4018
    doug4018 Posts: 130
    Options
    Had gained 60 lbs since the start of my relationship 11 years ago, had slowly been adding diagnoses relating to my weight and unhealthy diet. I was on two BP meds, and was starting to have high blood sugar tests, along with knee pain. Got up to 334 at 1 point, but started my journey when I was at 327. The Dr told me I needed to start meds for diabetes and that moment made something click. I had already decided to change due to everything above but also being unhappy with my body, buying clothes and all the usual things.

4 months into it, my blood sugar is normal again, along with all my cholesterol numbers, blood pressure will be the last thing to go (I hope). I have 50-60 more lbs to go depending on muscle mass to reach my final goal.
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    Just looking around and seeing all the young girls with the "muffin tops", and realizing that almost everybody has a mid-section flab issue, and knowing that I do not want to be one of those people. Realizing that you need to get a handle on things before it even gets to that point. Noticing that MY mid-section wasnt near as flat as it used to be, and knowing that I wanted it to be again.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    When I looked down and didn't see my Va-j-j, I was like :noway: I gotta get in shape!
  • clamoreaux2012
    Options
    love the last post!