What really makes us fat (NYTimes.com)

Options
12346»

Replies

• LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Atkins died of a heart attack (all meat and no veggies makes for sad organs), and even this article points out that this sort of diet should be short-term rather than a lifestyle. If you want a lifestyle try paleo or primal, you can forever refuse breads and processed grains, but you'll get healthy carbs from fruits and veggies.

Wow, that was a long rant for an iPad post.
    [/quote]

It is so sad that this urban myth is still around. Dr Atkins slipped and fell while walking to work. He hit his head and caused serious head injury, putting him into a coma which eventually killed him.
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There are so many people doing low fat and still cannot lose. There are so many people doing low fat and are still diabetic and hypertensive.

The same can be said for low carb.

Untrue. If you are following the doctor's recommendations as a diabetic (my hubby is one), you will keep your carbs (healthy, plant based ones) under 100g a day. That is low compared to most SAD dieters. My husband's doctor always wants to know if he is keeping his carbs controlled. So, I am assuming that his doctor knows that carbs are connected to his controlling his diabetes. The goal is to get him off of his meds and back to control through diet (low carb).