If you had $1000 to spend on fitness, what would you do?

Options
1235»

Replies

• grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    600 on one professional massage a month for a year, 400 on home gym equipment like pull up bars, heavy bag, speed bag, mats, ect
  • RoastyToasty
    RoastyToasty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A nice bike, a Garmin so I don't get lost, and a lot of Under Armour ;)
  • zoombaby
    zoombaby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A bar and the weights and a lot of fish oil.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I'd get a personal trainer for sure!
  • lisa_swims
    lisa_swims Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A few pairs of good sneakers
    Workout clothing
    Bathing suits
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,246 Member
    Options
    I'd buy an elliptical machine and a few sessions with a personal trainer.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    How about a good stationary recumbant bike? I'd loveee to have one for this winter.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    If I had room for it in my house, I'd try to set up a weightlifting room so I could just ditch the gym membership. A power rack, bench, bumper plates, olympic barbell, and maybe some sort of rubber floor mat. It might cost slightly more than $1000, but not by too much.

All my ceilings are too low to do an overhead press or fit a proper power rack, though, except right in the living room / dining room, so it's the gym for me!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Personal trainer!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Food. Obviously stuff that wouldn't spoil...so I'd stock up on lean beef, fish, chicken, etc...meats that you could freeze that keep for a long time. I would NOT buy boxed/canned food because most of that is crap anyway. And obviously you wouldn't want to stock up on produce because it doesn't last long, but I'd liberally spend it weekly on good fresh produce. Sounds to me like you already have a decent investment in home gym equipment, and nutrition is just as important, if not MORE important, when it comes to fitness.

What kind of things do you like to do? If you're a runner, go out and buy some new running clothes/shoes and a sweet new Garmin. If you cycle, look at buying a new road bike. Like to lift? Upgrade some of your current equipment and sell the old stuff.

Lots of possibilities here!!
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would want to use it as motivation for a nice clothing shopping spree after I meet my goals.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    i just dropped a little over 600 on a personal trainer...plus new running sneakers, and fitness clothes.

so in essence, that is what I spent 1000 dollars on stuff already just to get myself back in shape.