500 calories a day: Please Help:)

Options
SO i dont know where to start:(

First of: please be as honest as you wish....

Ever since maybe 2-3 months ago, Ive gone downhill on my eating, less and less calories each week. Right now, I have around 200, sometimes 300 sometimes 400 rarely 500 calories per day. I eat all healthy, lots of raw vegetables, and I know this might sound odd but I don't deprive myself too. If someone offers me a couple of chips, I eat them, only a few!

The problem is, Ive lost around 25 pounds, at a steady rate, currently on a plateau (at 114). my metabolism is extremeley slow I would imagine and I dont know what is in store for me when I reach my goal weight. I know I made the stupid decision to highly restrict and watch my calories (I am obsessed with calories now:() I am wondering what will happen once I reach a weight that I am comfortable with (105 lbs)..its not so far away.. maybe in a month or 2 i will get there! I know its unhealthy and I know its stupid but what do I do now? or after? If I start eating 1000+ calories, I would gain gain gain obv so is this my lifestlye now?! My fear of food and my terrible and weird relationship with food is not normal and so I just continue living with it to maintain my weight?

The thing is, I am happier so a good part of me does not care about my body. I know this is bad. First time in my life I wore a tan-top and I felt comfortable, and not worrying (maybe a little) I have gotten sick a couple times (i think I had heartburn, and I threw up..I never ever throw up). I feel weak when I eat a lot sometimes and my stomach feels odd when I do. The thing is, my body is normal, but could that not be the case internally? Maybe everything is breaking down like my heart, etc. I know I feel fine and sometimes I feel weak but quickly I get over it and I feel great. Its like my body is accustomed to hardly any food (compared to what I used to eat like). I would get sometimes headaches but at night and thats when I would have nothing to eat except a beverage that was like 200 calories. I RARELY ever eat meat, bread, pasta (never), rice, etc..all the carbs I dont have it! nothing substantial, i usually tryyyy to eat salmon though and maybe sometimes a piece of chicken, or shrimp, ive recently started drinking protein whey shakes..they are a lot of calories so I try not to have anything else major in the day (248 Cal the one I am able to buy near my location, but I split it throughout the day and eat half later). Thats to get my protein to a normal level. I eat lots of vegetables (usually raw im too lazy to cook them lol). Sometimes when I go to a restaurant I get roasted vegetables with the meal. Green tea and a lot of coffee ...and I used to have it black but now I put skim milk in it usually.

So Basically I dont know where I am at, a bit scared, in control yet out of control. IS it ever possible to maintain a certain weight while going up in calories?! Or, is this what I am stuck with? Which (believe it or not), IIII am fine with, but it would be hard to associate with people since they judge (just like my friends), and my body (even though I feel normal), probably does not like it as much! :| The bad thing is that Ive slowly become very anti-social. Its like I would rather be alone, and at ease, than have someone there with me talking to me, its sad. But perhaps this is normal? Maybe I am just an introverted person but before i was never like this.

I recently just moved in my own place ... my mom is very worried! :| I have nothing in my fridge except aquafina vitamin water and coke zero and dasani water. As i am living alone, it is MUCH EASIER to let this relationship I have with food worsen.

Please give me a bit of smart advice (as I clearly do not have any rationale), experience, stories, anything :)

Please be honest, I definitely need it

Thank you guys!:)

****Staff Note *****

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
Scott
MyFitnessPal Staff

Replies

• chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to say this in the nicest way... Have you accepted the fact the you have an eating disorder? Please seek professional help from a physician, dietitian and psychologist. You're doing lots of damage to your body by depriving it of essential nutrients.
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to say this in the nicest way... Have you accepted the fact the you have an eating disorder? Please seek professional help from a physician, dietitian and psychologist. You're doing lots of damage to your body by depriving it of essential nutrients.

I agree with this.
    In the short term you may like the way your body is looking, but in the long term the damage may be so significant that it may not be able to repair itself.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I agree with chelw727. Your relationship with food is dysfunctional, which we all have to some degree or we wouldn't be here. But what you are doing will cause your body a great deal of damage and will eventually effect your cognitive abilities too. I would seek medical help.
  • bigpinch
    bigpinch Posts: 21
    Options
    ^^^^this! You really need to stop and re-evaluate!
  • stretch12d
    stretch12d Posts: 27
    Options
    All of the above. You want to look the way you want, but you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle to get there and stay there. The human body cannot function long term on such a small amount.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

I couldn't agrre more. please talk to your doctor. Just like a car needs gas , oil, etc... a body needs calories, protein and yes it even needs fat to keep it running well. I read a few places that even if you do nothing all day your body still burns around 1200 calories a day. Good luck to you.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    What they said! Please seek help.:flowerforyou:
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes we here at MFP are NOT professionals! But if you choose not to get help atleast start to up your cals every week. you can do it slowly and give your body time to adjust.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Please see a Dr.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I agree with this.
    In the short term you may like the way your body is looking, but in the long term the damage may be so significant that it may not be able to repair itself.

Agreed.... You really need to seek some professional help and there is nothing wrong with it... I am 3 years into this journey and still go to therapy once a month..... You have to learn calories are not necessarily the enemy... 3 years ago when my nutritionist set my calories at 2400 a day to lose 2 lbs. a week it work like a charm over 3 years I have lost 310 lbs. but as I have gotten smaller (250 lbs, now) my calories have actually increased... To where now I am eating 3200-3400 calories a day and am still losing weight... My best advice is get some help now, in the long run you will be so glad you did... Best of Luck.....
  • ronalar67
    ronalar67 Posts: 2
    Options
    please get some help,you are really hurting yourself internally. Do you really want to hurt yourself like that just because of what others might think of you ?
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    Girl, the best thing is that you are realizing that you may not be able to stop this path without help. Seek advice from professionals that have training to help you in the right ways. :) ~Corina
  • kathylahn
    kathylahn Posts: 3
    Options
    I worry for you. You need food/fuel for your body to function. Please add a some calories everyday to stay healthy. You will begin to feel better. Stick with healthy foods like fruits and vegetables and especially protein. You are harming yourself if you don't eat better. Also talk to someone; your parent, doctor, close friend. Good luck.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I agree! You definitely have an eating disorder and you need to seek professional help. In my opinion, your mom has every reason to be worried. I commend your courage to "come clean" with your eating habits. You are truly damaging your body. You need to listen to your instincts. By that I mean you know deep down this isn't normal and reaching out for help is a big step! PLEASE get the help that you need! You are too important to just keep eating like this!
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    Okay.

Obviously you can't suddenly "stop" this like the above posters have said, but they are completely right in that you need to get help. I would start increasing your calorie intake a little at a time (by 100 calories for example) and see a doctor. Good luck to you.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options

as a former anorexic, i couldn't agree more. I was working at nutri system and they did an intervention on me for my anorexia. It took a toll on my body and it was the beginning of YEARS of female problems and surgeries. I completely understand how addictive it is to see how little you can eat, but you are damaging your body. I wish you the very best :flowerforyou:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You have the start of an ED and should seek the help of a nutritionist and a therapist to get on track. As a recovered anorexic, I know your struggles. You need to get your calories up...you may gain a little weight at first, but eventually you can work on your goals and maybe you will be happier with your body after working on your mind.

Good luck to you and take care :)
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I read your post and from what I read it sounds like you mostly eat between 200 and 300 cals a day if you eat. Your body will continue to loose some weight, but if you keep this up eventually your body will stop loosing and start gaining a little. To stay skinny you will have to eat more calories. If you increase your calorie intake to a healthy level then your body will gain weight for a while, but will start to loose again when your body gets used to its healthy amount of calories. If you continue to eat like you do now (200 to 500 max) for the rest of your life, your life will be shortened because your body will eat itself and fail. By the way, the time it takes for your body to kill itself is longer than friends and family members will usually leave you to believe, but a doctor will be more accurate.

So basically you should increase your amount of intake to a healthy level and live through the temporary weight gain to get to the weight you want to be in a healthy way.

Also I clicked on your profile and saw that you said you want to be healthy. Just because you're skinny doesn't mean your healthy, a doctor can help you figure out what healthy is.
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    It's already been said, but I'm hoping the more you hear it the more likely you will be to listen: PLEASE, PLEASE get help immediately. I hope you will listen to the advice you have asked for :) Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.