Something nobody knows about you........

Options

Replies

• serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I graduated cum laude without ever studying. My last two semesters I didn't even waste my money buying books.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I suffer from EXTREME anxiety... more OCD... fear of being shot... by a random person... not sure why... maybe living in LA for so many years brainwashed me LOL i have learned to mask it because i work in a very SOCIAL job function.....but huge crowds seriously make me feel like im going to pass out. I am TERRIFIED of strangers and always think that some mass shooting is going to happen.... especially lately ( ilive in WI) witht he colorado shooting and the Sikh temple... Freaks me out
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if nobody knows this but I was a crazy student, from being a 3rd honor way back in pre-school to having 3 failing grades in high school to bribing professors & cutting classes in college but still was able to graduate, LOL

I have an imaginary "best male friend" that I'm talking with everyday & until now.

I also have a few 'imaginary-like' friends. Hard to explain, but I share them amongst my three best friends. :P It's like when writers talk about their character's coming to life.. That sort of thing.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I used to pee my pants almost every day in 2nd grade.....that's why I went back to homeschooling. I was bullied by kids at school and even my own family for it :(
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Welcome back Funky! Missed you kiddo!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep with a fan on. I will lie awake for hours if one isn't with me. I pack one on vacation. I probably know fan repair as much as any professional technician.

Same here! I've always slept with a fan since I was little and now my kids do too. Haha.

Ha, exactly like my family!
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos. When people find out they always say "You don't look like the type" I am not sure what I am supposed to look like to be the "type"! LOL

I get the same thing :) Nine tattoo's here :)
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have double jointed thumbs.

Me too!!!!!!!!

Hand twins!!!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I can't think of anything that NO one knows about me, but something that my MFP friends don't know about me, is that I grew up in a very abusive home by alcoholic, abusive parents, and was taken away at the age of 14. I was tossed around foster homes and group homes until I was 16 when a family member (an aunt that I had actually never met) decided that she didn't want anyone in her family going through that and that if my mom would not get it together for me to come home, she would take me in; and so she did. That's how I ended up here in California and became the person that I am today. That woman showed me a whole new side to life and I am thankful for the life I have now, knowing that it was she who made it possible. I can't even imagine what kind of disfunctional family I would have had on my own if not for her showing me the way.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    lmao
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i really dislike my family. i love them but they suck the life and happiness out of me. i can't be near them so i moved 8,000 miles away.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I can draw with my toes

I can write my name with mine and pick stuff up. My boyfriend calls them freaky monkey feet
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    when I take a pill I have to fill my mouth with water then toss it in. Someone noticed once and said I was completely backwards. Now I think about it every time I take a pill

think is how everyone i know does it!
    the thought of tasting the pill makes me gag.

Not at all. I can take a pill dry. Doesn't bother me one bit.
  • AnewTif
    AnewTif Posts: 26
    Options
    Where do I start?

I have an irrational fear of failing as a parent. My parents were craptastic on all levels and I look at what they did and do the opposite. Because of this, I overcompensate with my son to a huge degree.

Before I had WLS and I could eat sandwiches, I ate the crust all the way around the sandwich first then concentrated on the inside middle goodness. The same goes with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. ;-)

My family looks at me and sees the "Rock" of the family. The one you go to in a crisis or need advice or need to get something done and I'm talking not just husband and son, but siblings, my parents, cousins, extended family. I carry the weight, literally and figuratively and over the course of the past year, I've been shedding it. I want to just go on a vacation and lay on a beach with a fruity drink and get away from everyone (except maybe my son).
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Oooh one more... I am a FB stalker... like hard core... i look up old ex-friends/boyfriends crazy family members... or i just nose around looking at everyones stuff :P I have no life... I know... but there it is
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

I have an irrational fear of failing as a parent. My parents were craptastic on all levels and I look at what they did and do the opposite. Because of this, I overcompensate with my son to a huge degree.

I can totally relate to this. I do the same thing (opposite of what my mother did.)
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    -I have an infauation with martial art flicks...especially Jet Li and Donnie Yen :heart:
    to add im into Marvel comics & Animes
    - when someone else does my dishes i make sure their clean if not i redo them same goes with folding laundry if its not folded to my liking i mess it up to refold them lol
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Manic depressive, OCD, and social anxiety. You can't tell because I am pretty, outgoing, and I talk a lot. I am pretty bad at socializing as well, I just know what people want to hear and talk about. I can go off of their physical and facial ques, so I know where to take the conversation.

I am a random internet stalker! When I get bored and see someones email address, I look them up on PIPL.COM. It shows all the internet accounts that they use with that email address and other email addresses that are connected. Its creepy. Hahaha. I have found some dirty stuff but I never tell anyone!
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've noticed a lot of anxiety and OCD issues in this thread. I'm no exception!
    When I was younger I was watching an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" and there was a story about a "ghost face that appeared in the TV". Pretty sure that's what triggered this lol.

SPNLuver83, OMG! ^This! I saw the same episode and still freak out around turned-off TVs! We don't have a TV in the bedroom, thankfully!

I'm a pretty open guy, but here are some things you may not know:

- I have severe sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine to keep my airway open every night, without fail. Without it I would probably be dead or slowly dying from heart disease, stroke, etc.

- In 2008, our first son died after a week in the NICU, after being born spontaneously in our old apartment AFTER my wife's appendix burst while pregnant 13 weeks earlier. I miss him so much! Thankfully, we have a terrific two-year old son now.

- I USED to have terrible panic attacks but have worked through them to where I don't need meds any more.

- Without a doubt, I was the most absent person from school growing up, yet I got really good grades. My record was 52 absences in 8th grade. It was probably my anxiety disorder, which I didn't know about back then and my IBS.

- Wet bread (YES, me too) makes me gag.

- Sometimes, I'll go back and check the stove after leaving my apartment, even if no one has used the damn thing!

- My toes and fingers are pretty short. I only have 2 1/2 digits on my pinky fingers. Thankfully, that doesn't apply to any other important appendages (ahem).

- I can remember long strings of numbers. I know all my credit card, bank account and many phone numbers by heart, even years later.

- My great uncle is a famous Jewish poet.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of moths. Cant stand them, I've hurt myself running away from them, I've called people4-5 suburbs away and asked them to come over to remove a moth from my house.. because as much as they scare me I dont want them killed... just removed from my presence... this started for absolutely no apparent reason in 9th grade when I jumped over my desk and ran out the classroom door to get away from a moth that flew around in the back corner

OH!!! THIS IS ME!!!!

Except that I know why I am scared of them... the house that I grew up in was originally (a looong time ago) a grainary that was converted to a house - which means lots of little "friends" would find their way in regularly. I was scared of the dark growing up, so I slept with a nightlight... there were many, many nights I would wake up to find a bunch of moths flying around in my room, right next to my head - stupid, gross, flopping, dusty things.

I have *almost* crashed my car while driving at night as a result of one of them flying at the dash...

Useless things.

ETA - I have NO PROBLEM swatting those evil things into little dusty grease spots... but I would prefer someone else do it for me.