Anybody willing to admit to lying to MFP?

Options

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don`t log my decafe black coffee, or the odd caffiene free diet coke, or spices that I know are 0 cals.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    "What you eat in private, you wear in public."

This! I try to remember this all the time! I try not to lie but I know there have been times I might've forgotten something. Or I remember and I'll add it in even if it's 2 days later.
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't always add in my Propel packet - it's 10 calories per packet - which I use for 64 oz of water (instead of 16) - I probably burn that 10 cals getting up to refill the jug and add another packet /shrug
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    I don't always log in everything...but I believe I also underestimate my exercise calories burned. So hopefully they cancel each other out:-)
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    when i lie to MFP i dont lose weight....like this week. i havent logged all my beers. *kicks rocks* just cause i dont tell MFP doesnt mean i dont tell my body :D
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What I have learned, you might lie to MFP, but the scales and your clothes will not cover up your lie.. sad, but true:)
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    It happens...

Yeah I forget to mention the extra ketchup, mustard or lettuce I take off. If it's something simple like this why bother
    The scale will catch me when I weigh in, and then I will tighten up...If it's a few calories don't stress it:)
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Not intentionally lying, but I may forget to add the olive oil I sauteed something in. Other than that, I log everything...sugar free gum, black pepper, spices, etc
  • bmoregan
    bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yup.
    2 things specifically. 1) I drink too much coffee which I take black. I take tea with milk. I dont log the milk to encourage me to drink tea instead of coffee. 2) I often don't log vegetables. I dont eat enough veggies so same logic - if I know I can snack on a raw carrot for "free" I'm more likely to do it.

I dont go overboard on either. 2 or 3 cups of tea a day and well, like I said, not enough veggies.

Still averaging -2 lbs a week for the last 10 weeks so my logic for now is "if it ain't broke..."

If I "plateau" I'll re-visit.
  • VictoFlowers
    Options
    When I have really bad days, I just don't bother. It only depresses me and makes it harder for me to get back on track. I have a very bad bingeing history so. I'm still fighting it.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You are only lying to yourself

I put everything down

But then maybe that's why I never ask the question "I don't get it I eat nothing but never lose any weight"

If I put a lb on or lose a lb my MFP records will reflect 3600 excess or defecit cals
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sure I do, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm only lying to myself. And I'll get caught on Monday morning when I step on the scale and see whether my "lies" will come back to bite me in the butt.

What she said :) - and (added after original reply)- I usually enter in my food BEFORE I eat it, to see how it looks in the grand scheme of my day. Yesterday I went to a bbq where I would have a choice between brats or burgers.... so I planned ahead of time which would be "ok" for my day. If I am going to eat junk occasionally, then I should at least educate myself ahead of time, right?

THIS. I almost always pre-plan days like this. Actually, I like pre-planning everyday if I have the time. It really does help to know how your calories and macros fall together in the grand scheme of things. Plus, once you have it all planned to your satisfaction (and within your limits), it will be less tempting to go outside what your diary says.
  • tinaboo2
    tinaboo2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Since I am only down 0.5 lb this week - i think i'm unintentionally lying by not getting portion sizes right. Underestamating i assume. And as my friend and i discussed too late -- that cake was NOT worth the almost 300 calories -- and we dont think it was right anyway. I did go over 2 days and under the rest - so....
    down is down so trying to remember that -- but also going to watch my 'portions' more closely. And see what happens next week.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I over estimate so if I don't log something small it's usually already accounted for.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't willingly lie but I'm not sure I'm always 100% accurate with my measurements of things, sometimes I put an estimate in rather than weighing/measuring. I pretty much know what half a cup of something or whatever looks like but I'm sure at times I'm a bit over or under.
  • SaundraU
    SaundraU Posts: 77
    Options
    I tend to lie the other way, if I cant find it in the database or if there are multiple versions I take the most calories possible instead of the least. Otherwise I try to log EVERYTHING.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I try not to lie because that will affect my whole point of being on here. I don't track spices though, because they are all 0 :smile:
    i got told not all of them are?

Let me rephrase this before anyone get's all defensive on me for saying that HAHA. All the spices I use have 0 calories, and if I use dried or fresh basil, it's around ~1-2 calories so I don't log that either. If it has more than 4 calories, I log it.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't always log my beer/wine intake. I should and I know this, but I don't.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If I weigh myself and the number went up for whatever reason I don't log that I weighed myself lol.

^^ This ^^
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I try to be as honest as possible, but I admit that a lot of what I log is an estimate. I try to stay under my daily limit to make up for those errors. Something is working, though, because I've lost a total of 48 pounds so far and have only 2 more to go!