Beer, girls, and confused men?

Options

Replies

• zela
    zela Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    College has taught me that a heavy drinking girl is always a sloot and good for a night, as she prefers it anyway
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    No confusion here, never thought of beer as gender specific.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My experience has been the total opposite (perhaps because I grew up/live in a city of 4 million rather than a rural area?). Guys always seem to love discovering that despite being shaped like a Barbie I'm a tomboy,MIT's the best of both worlds.

Honestly, anybody telling you that something isn't for you because of your gender is a moron, unless they're talking about giving birth or peeing standing up.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Boozy ladies are too butch.
    Just an opinion.
    I prefer her drinking a dry glass of vino - classy :smokin:

As a king, I prefer my women to drink wine!! Something sexy about a woman enjoying a class ot two of wine!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    No confusion here, never thought of beer as gender specific.

Hear Hear! I feel the same way about bourbon, scotch and whisky! :laugh:

The folks making those Bushmills ads are missing out on a whole demographic!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    It was recently brought to my attention that alcohol, aside from wine and champagne is unacceptable for girls in a man's eyes.

And who told you that? I've never heard of that, nor would I care what a "man" thought about what I drink.

I'm sure guys find it annoying when a girl can't hold her alcohol and acts all annoying, tripping over herself. I'm sure the guy just doesn't want to deal with holding her hair later that night as she cries over the toilet bowl.

I don't think men really care what you drink, they just don't want to babysit.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Not real big on women who pound beers...That's typically not a good sign.

Not real big on women who perpetually get **** wasted either.

A healthy medium...A women who holds down a 40(+) hour day job and knows how to have a responsibly good time AFTER she's taken care of her responsibilities. Now that's sexy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So as a girl who is undeniably as backwoods as you can get... I can't give up beer. Or alcohol at all for that matter. It's my thing. Well over sweets, fried foods, etc. It was recently brought to my attention that alcohol, aside from wine and champagne is unacceptable for girls in a man's eyes. Now the question is do guys really think that a girl is unattractive simply because she can hold her alcohol? Or is that the opinion of a select few men?

In WHAT man's eyes? I think anyone getting so drunk they behave like an idiot, throw up and constantly have hangovers is a turn-off (and I mean on a regular basis, not once in a blue moon). But a woman who drinks socially and responsibly shouldn't be an issue for most men.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If we allow them to drive a car, vote for the president or work for a living, why can't we let them drink beer, too?
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot when I go out at the weekend and have a lot of male friends and a long term boyfriend who all find me to be one of the more 'fun' members of the group.
    I love to party and I really couldn't give a flying F if certain men look down on women because of what they do or what they are drinking.
    Men don't have any right to tell a women what she should and shouldn't do with her body - and neither should they be able to stand make judgement like 'a girl who drinks a lot is easy' etc.
    I'm having fun, i love to drink, I need a drink by the end of the working week and I don't really value anyone's opinion if they make judgements about me because of it. It's 2012 not 1812.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If a girl can keep up with me good on her. I don't mind (I actually quite enjoy it) when my wife drinks with me. I would say as long as you aren't a stupid drunk, or making yourself or him look like a fool, you should be good. If he doesn't like it tell him to drink more until he does LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If we allow them to drive a car, vote for the president or work for a living, why can't we let them drink beer, too?

Thank you for your benevolence, Master. ;-)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have never known a man to care what I or any woman drinks.
    Just don't get all nutso all the time.

I think the reason some men may prefer wine drinkers, is because wine is something you sip and savor. Most women don't get blitzed drinking a glass or two of wine.
    And men don't want to be babysitters.
  • JPO1980
    JPO1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I drink pints, and in actual fact can drink my bf under the table - that fact that I choose not to drink a lot of the time, fools others into a false belief that I can't hold my drink.
    I don't think many men judge me on the fact that I drink pints, but in fact find some other women look down their nose at me for it!
    I think its more common now here in the UK for a girl to drink pints.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Well I was born and bred a Hoosier so naturally I have an affinity for beer. I also like to do outdoorsy things w/my booze (camping, canoeing, drinking poolside etc.) so beer is definitely much more convenient (& cheaper) than a lot of the alternatives. :drinker: :drinker:
    Yup, we Hoosiers do like our beer! If you really wanna be classy, you drink it from a bottle instead of a can :wink:
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I've never really trusted a woman who doesn't drink. Seems quite strange...

Girls who drink alcohol = sexy

Girls who can drink a lot of alcohol = super sexy

Girls who don't know when to slow down or stop = obnoxious

I suppose the same rules apply for men, as well. Can't comment on the sexy part for men, but nothing is more depressing that being near a bunch of guys that can't handle their alcohol. Loud, drunk, obnoxious, out of control. Sad.

High points for women who drink hard liquor, especially tequila, scotch, vodka shots, etc. Oh, and please, for the love of God, don't drink "Weight Watcher's Wine". Just don't do it.

--P
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    In the words of Kip Moore...
    Well there's somethin' bout a truck in a field with a girl in a red sundress with an ice cold beer to her lips...

That is all.
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think being able to handle your drink and know your limits is very attractive. guys dont wanna be scooping up girls that are way to drunk.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    So as a girl who is undeniably as backwoods as you can get... I can't give up beer. Or alcohol at all for that matter. It's my thing. Well over sweets, fried foods, etc. It was recently brought to my attention that alcohol, aside from wine and champagne is unacceptable for girls in a man's eyes. Now the question is do guys really think that a girl is unattractive simply because she can hold her alcohol? Or is that the opinion of a select few men?

A woman who drinks great beer is sexier than anything else. Unless she is holding bacon with the beer.

Now, a woman who drinks Bud Light is not very hot. Any light beer is a turn off for me. YUCK.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong at all with a woman who can knock back a beer or two with the guys. But there is nothing worse than an obnoxiously drunk woman. As long as it doesn't reach that point, I've never cared what a woman drank.