Beer, girls, and confused men?

Options

Replies

• nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    beer is a no no for me---cant stand the taste---i am a crown/coke, margarita, sweet tart, 7/7 girl myself. and if a man doesnt like a girl that can keep up with him or out do him then he needs to keep on going past me because i can drink myself back around to sober---LOL.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Can't give up beer...ever. I pretty much live off Three Floyd's Robert the Bruce.

I probably wouldn't date a guy who doesn't drink beer, either.

HIS problem, not mine.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think I see the confusion.

Girls, you can drink my champagne because we will probably be at a party or new years, and the opportunity for kissing is probable.

Wine (aka non sparkling white wine) ok, this can be downright sexy if you do the thing with your finger running around the rim of the glass and taking a sip. Ok, I get it. HOT.

Beer, don't you touch my bottle. go get your own, if your going to try to be all coy and swave with it, its just going to make it seem like a phallic, then you hand me back the bottle. . and I aint going to pit that richarded up bottle to my lips now.

To sum up. you can drink my wine, but not my beer.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    All the guys I know love a girl who can drink with them.

14877786.png
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    First of all, can we ditch the notion that a person can't be "fun" if he/she doesn't drink? If you're over the age of 25 and you're still drinking for "fun," that's a problem.

Secondly, I don't think it's drinking that men take issue with. It's getting so wasted that you practically have to be carried around and watched like a hawk for the rest of the night that they don't like. That doesn't make you fun or sexy; it makes you a toddler.

I've never been a big fan of beer, but when I do drink beer, I prefer the darker variety, e.g. Guinness. I'm partial to single malt scotch, bourbon, and rum or tequila-based cocktails. And since I'm a huge fan of red meat, a glass of dry red with dinner is also nice. But I never get drunk, let alone "wasted." It's not necessary for me to have a good time. I just happen to enjoy a nice adult beverage from time to time.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I've met nearly every man I've been out with with a beer in my hand. Not sure if that says more about them or me, though. :drinker:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I wish I could hold my liquor well, but I can't. So I have to totally pace myself so I don't end up under a table. Luckily I drink stuff you can't drink quickly. I like good scotch, martinis (a new acquisition) and a good pint of Guinness. None of which you can rush.

That being said, making value statements about women who can drink a lot is pretty judgmental. I've had the best time with friends who can hold their liquor well :flowerforyou:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with beer? She didnt say anything about being a fall down obnoxious drunk... Obviously sloppy is attractive on NO ONE.... men included

With the friends we have, if you don't drink beer you're looked at weird. I'm pretty darn sure my boyfriend wouldn't have me any other way:)

PS why do I keep reading that Bud light is so trashy? lol seriously I did NOT know this... its my favorite.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    In the words of Kip Moore...
    Well there's somethin' bout a truck in a field with a girl in a red sundress with an ice cold beer to her lips...

That is all.

Thats a smart man :)
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's the opinion of stupid men. I like guys who like to drink with me and think it's cool when a chick can party with them. :drinker:

This^
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    From my experience I think there's nothing wrong with moderate alcohol consumption. Even my past bfs didn't mind it as long as I'm not overdoing it or drinking it daily. On the other side of the fence, a guy who is always drunk & spends most of his time drinking is also a turn off for me.
  • Salamanda425
    Salamanda425 Posts: 358
    Options
    Bud light and fishing.........I'm a happy girl! If the guys don't like it, thats their problem! I am who I am! But I don't think they mind, most of my friends are male!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I've actually had a female friend of mine tell me that their mom has those crazy notions. But we still drink jager, tequila and beer quite often :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I drink beer if I'm in the mood for beer. I drink wine if I'm in the mood for wine. "Other people's opinions of me are none of my business".
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I was always raised that ladies don't drink any alcohol that comes in cans or bottles. So to this day I only drink mixed drinks and wine. I believe it all depends on the man and how the woman carries herself.
    So you only drink wine that comes in a box? :P (J/K!)

My daddy wouldn't allow me to drink bottom shelf booze. I've never cared for beer, but I would certainly drink it if that was my drink of choice. Not changing for a man is what enabled me to find the perfect man for me. :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Can't give up beer...ever. I pretty much live off Three Floyd's Robert the Bruce.

I probably wouldn't date a guy who doesn't drink beer, either.

HIS problem, not mine.
    I live a few miles away from Three Floyds. I go there often.
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink beer if I'm in the mood for beer. I drink wine if I'm in the mood for wine. "Other people's opinions of me are none of my business".

This^^
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a beer drinker... I'm more into rum and vodka and whiskey.

A guy who thinks a girl isn't "ladylike" enough based on her beverage choices... that's a bullet dodged, in my opinion.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I can't speak for other guys, but since I'm a non drinker I wouldn't date someone does. So if he has a problem with you drinking he 's probably not the guy for you. Why change who you are for some guy when there are plenty of guys who love a lady like you who can hold her alcohol..
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a beer drinker... I'm more into rum and vodka and whiskey.

A guy who thinks a girl isn't "ladylike" enough based on her beverage choices... that's a bullet dodged, in my opinion.

This too. You think my beer drinking is un-ladylike? You should see the rest of the crap I do....