Beer, girls, and confused men?

Options

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    A girl who can hold her liquor is fine. It's the ones who can't and who end up leaning on your shoulder vomiting down your shirt that are kind of unnattractive to me.
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Honestly, anybody telling you that something isn't for you because of your gender is a moron, unless they're talking about giving birth or peeing standing up.

Yup. All of my lady friends drink beer. And all of my guy friends prefer a woman who orders a Sam Adams over one who orders a vodka cranberry. In fact, a lot of the women I know (myself included) have been on at least one date at the Sam Adams brewery tour.

Judging someone on their preferred drink is pointless. (But I definitely used to secretly judge people if they ordered a bud light when there is any other option available.)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was always raised that ladies don't drink any alcohol that comes in cans or bottles. So to this day I only drink mixed drinks and wine. I believe it all depends on the man and how the woman carries herself.
    So you only drink wine that comes in a box? :P (J/K!)

My daddy wouldn't allow me to drink bottom shelf booze. I've never cared for beer, but I would certainly drink it if that was my drink of choice. Not changing for a man is what enabled me to find the perfect man for me. :)

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of liquor, which is used to make mixed drinks, comes in bottles.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm the beer drinker in my house, while my husband prefers a cold hard cider. I'll also have whiskey, bourbon, mojitos, daiquiris, and yes, even wine. I'm a brewer, so it only makes sense that I should drink my own stuff.

For those who feel that a woman drinking beer is "unwomanly", get a grip. It's no more unwomanly than drinking a soda or glass of apple juice. It's a drink.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    <--- also back woods! I can out drink most guys I know, and not become sloppy and gross like a lot of chicks.

HooRah for backwoods hunting, fishing, mudding ladies!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I think my husband wishes I drank beer. It's cheaper! I'm a mixed drinks or Mike's *flavored* Hard Lemonade girl. Here in NE Wisconsin, if you don't drink beer or eat steak, you'll have a rough time of it! I think my husband allows my exception because I'm not a native of this area! LOL
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'd be a little worried about a girl that can drink more than me. Other than that, it's not a big deal, it's more about how she acts while she's drinking.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I've never known a guy to be turned off by a girl who drinks beer. But in these parts most girls drink beer so its not unusual. People usually look at me funny when I say I dont like beer.
  • cmeade20
    Options
    And when I drank every weekend I could easily outdrink all the boys. I was usually the last one to bed every Friday and Saturday!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Huh? That's a thing? It's not ok for women to drink beer?

Well...I guess I'm totally screwed then seeing as I am not only a beer drinker (and tequila shooter), but I work for a beer distributor. MY CAREER HAS RUINED ME!!!

Guess I should just start wearing flannel and hitting up Melissa Etheridge concerts from now on.
  • cmeade20
    Options
    Honestly, anybody telling you that something isn't for you because of your gender is a moron, unless they're talking about giving birth or peeing standing up.

Yup. All of my lady friends drink beer. And all of my guy friends prefer a woman who orders a Sam Adams over one who orders a vodka cranberry. In fact, a lot of the women I know (myself included) have been on at least one date at the Sam Adams brewery tour.

Judging someone on their preferred drink is pointless. (But I definitely used to secretly judge people if they ordered a bud light when there is any other option available.)

Another Ma girl?
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in small towns in Wisconsin. Pretty sure it's a requirement for ladies to drink beer here. :p
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've only read the OP, but what I can say is that I've never had a man turned off by my love of, and ability to hold alcohol. I'm a homebrewer and a whiskey lover, and any man that doesn't like that can kiss my *kitten*.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Bonus points if the girl knows GOOD scotch and knows how to appreciate it, along with the guy who poured her the glass :)

I love a good "glen". 18+ years. Never been one to get drunk, though. I like a drink or 2, or 3 if it's a long evening, and good conversation.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    This is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. never ever ever found this to be true.
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've only read the OP, but what I can say is that I've never had a man turned off by my love of, and ability to hold alcohol. I'm a homebrewer and a whiskey lover, and any man that doesn't like that can kiss my *kitten*.

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Any of the 4 Bs are good (boobs,booty,bacon and beer)
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    It takes all types to make the world go round. Personally, I like a good adult beverage and have found many people who agree with me. To each his own.
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Another Ma girl?

Recently moved to Jersey, but before that I spent 5ish years bouncing around a variety of crappy Allston/JP/Boston/Brookline apartments. So, yeah, sort of! hah
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have never heard that. I think that it is wise to read the room though. You always want to be aware of the crowd you are with and the context. Have only a drink or two at a company function or cocktail party. Have a couple of shots of whiskey and a couple of beers at a rock show. If you aren't around people that you trust or that you will make feel uncomfortable (and you value their opinion) don't do it.