• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I think he wants to play with your girl parts

^This
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    OP - You've correctly identified this individual as a 'Stupid man'. He had no right to express that opinion of what you should do, but why waste energy on him? No amount of admonishment from you is going to stop him being a d*ckhead, so I would ignore and forget.

The world is full of d*ckheads, and the area of body building has a disproportionately higher level of them.
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You can't argue with success. If its working for you, keep on your program. The thing about body building, weight loss, and fitness is that "one size" does not fit all. People have different metabolisms and genetics and individual results will vary. I would say consider the source and ignore the remark.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    On the machines (since I'm still kinda shy about the weight room) I bench 110, row 130, lat pull down 150, that shoulder machine where you make the chicken wings and press up (lol) 90, tricep pull down 90, the ab twisty thing 150, leg press 350, chest flies with free weights 25 each hand so I guess 50?, chest flies with the cable, 50 on each cable so I guess 100?, deadlifts 120...but I think I could do more with better form, squats right now with just the bar. I think that's it. ^_^

Holy CRAP!

I have been doing machines for over a year, and you're kicking my butt!! O.o
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I didn't go through all the comments, but here I go...

I once had a "semi-personal" trainer. And I had to agree that to lose weight, cardio is the way to go. My plan was, exemple, 1 hour of cardio and a few toning exercise with weights. What he said was: You want to lose the fat before forging muscles, but you can tone them meanwhile.
    Also, to get muscular, you will need a bigger absorption of proteins to nourish your muscles and carbs as well... which you don't want to much to lose weight.
    Also, don't forget, muscles weights a lot.... you might not see major changes on the scale if you to weights a lot....
  • MzTat2slim
    MzTat2slim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    opinions are like *kitten*, everbodies got one. SRSLY!
  • casnic25
    casnic25 Posts: 81
    Options
    You look great! Ignore the ignorant.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    WOW... this thread is all shades of entertainingly awful.

Keep up the good work MissTattoo :)
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    What an idiot.
    Here is my pet peeve with the "will bulk a woman up" mentality. As you gain muscle you will see the changes and at some point you may say"Hey, I'm where I want to be." You will NOT wake up one day and see yourself and scream "I have 20 inch guns and traps to my ears!!!"
    Building muscle takes work and time....
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    opinions are like *kitten*, everbodies got one. SRSLY!

lol
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    he's scared you can lift more then him LOL

I had a guy (32yrs old, thinks he's fit) come over to my place to do some S&C.
    He couldn't lift the 35kgs sandbag....
    In the end I gave him a 10kg plate...

I was embarrassed for him as a girl was over the day before half his size doing clean and jerk with it!

ps
    he does lots of cardio and no strength training and was fat and weak!
    she is petite and does S&C with HIIT!
  • fifth_bidness
    Options
    I find it odd that some people think that kind of body composition or "bulking up" happens by accident... As though a woman is going to up her weight and lower her volume one day, and the next wake up with an extra 35 lbs. of lean mass and a mahogany spray tan. That shizz takes YEARS of hard work (and, sometimes, chemical assistance). If I were a body builder, I'd be mildly insulted.

Further, what if your desire was to "bulk up" ? Who the heck is trollface to assume your fitness goals are predetermined by your gender? "big boy weights", nothing.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I tend to ignore stupid people who think they know everything. It annoys them a lot to not get a response.

But if you really have to give a little payback, do NOT address anything that he said to you but instead suggest he works on his legs a little. You know...

"It looks like you're doing really well but a little out of proportion. Your back too. Your chest is so strong that it is pulling your shoulders forward because your back cannot compensate."

He'll spend so much time looking in the mirror he will not have time to say anything else to you.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Getting "bulky" requires testoterone.

Not
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I tend to ignore stupid people who think they know everything. It annoys them a lot to not get a response.

But if you really have to give a little payback, do NOT address anything that he said to you but instead suggest he works on his legs a little. You know...

"It looks like you're doing really well but a little out of proportion. Your back too. Your chest is so strong that it is pulling your shoulders forward because your back cannot compensate."

He'll spend so much time looking in the mirror he will not have time to say anything else to you.

lol brilliant!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't reply. Sounds like the kinda dude who will use it for late night self lovin material.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    ROCK IT!
    The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess
    6113uK-Y7RL.jpg
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I vote for internet stalking, then a junk punch. :noway:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Don't reply. He's stupid and doesn't know what he's talking about.

I agree. I would just delete it and move on. He's wrong and you know he is. Keep up your awesomeness and let him be stupid.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You do whatever makes you feel good girl! We woman can lift weights and look great. The way he said "stay away from the big boy weights," was so rude. He basically "get the hell off the weights because you're a woman and these are for men only." Then he tried to feed you some line about how women build muscle with cardio. THAT IS BS. We all build muscle the same way. Weights. The only difference is intensity.