Stupid man who doesn't know what he's talking about/rant

Options
12346»

Replies

• jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I find the "big boy weights" part most insulting, as if heavy weights aren't for women. Please.

I'd ignore him and do what works for you.
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options

"Message me if you want any tips! I'll make a special plan for you and you will see results."

This is the part that makes it sound like he's trying to con you...

So just keep up what you're doing, you look Great!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll/pervert/wind up.

I would not take his message too seriously.

Not only would I not take him seriously. I wouldn't send a long reply back either, that encourages idiots. How the hell does he know you don't want to bulk up? And big boy weights? <snort>

"Dear You,
    You're wrong, and kind of sound like an *kitten*. You should rethink your approach and conversation skills.
    Love,
    Me"

:flowerforyou:
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    lol the only reason I still do cardio is because it's rule #1 in Zombieland.

I always check the backseat too and double tap every single time (what? I kill alot of bugs)
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Forget about him, he is not worth the effort of getting angry about. Just do what you are doing.
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Love this!!

As to the guy, he sounds like a douche canoe. Ignore him. You are doing awesome and look FANTASTIC! You can't argue with those inches lost either. Keep on lifting!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my DOCTOR told me not to lift heavy or else i'll look like i man, so i told him "while you're pulling my blood, check my testosterone level"...he was terrible, totally lost respect for him
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel he was being helpful ......

Best to say thanks and nothing more too much arguing in the world & we all have our own opinions ;)

I could see if I had just posted the photo, but I posted an entire entry about how I've been reading up on lifting heavy and how women don't bulk up on a deficit and how I'm losing inches (not gaining!) and what not but he chose to ignore all of that and still say women would bulk up if using anything more than 10 pounds, cardio is the only way, blah blah blah.

I'm not going to argue with him, but if he isn't a troll and seriously believes what he wrote, he should be told that he is incorrect.

I kind of thought he might have been trying to be helpful as well...but there was a snide sarcastic tone to his message. So that takes away any positive he might have attempted to add. You are right not to argue with him. Kill his azz with a little kindness though and keep doing your thing! :wink:
  • slliwlt
    slliwlt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel he was being helpful ......

The road to hell is paved with good intentions....

Awesome! Congrats to you on inches lost! That is excellent! As far as the 'idiot' goes... as much as I'd love to say-you should be a bigger person and just ignore him..... that's just not me or what I would do. I'd fume about it for a while.... then I would tell him to watch his own bobber and that perhaps he should do some research before he offers his unasked for advice to other people. THEN... as to not get involved in an arguement (wasting your own time and energy on a know-nothing) I would 'ignore' or 'block' him! :laugh:
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite sayings is "Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by ignorance." The guy seems to think that he has a better answer for you, even though he is incorrect. It sounds like he just does not know any better yet is trying to be helpful.

And for clarification, there is a difference between ingorance and stupidity. Ignorant means you don't know better, stupid means you know but act otherwise.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Miss Tattoo,
    I think you have taken this the wrong way. You say that you have calmed down some so go back and reread it with this on your mind: here is a guy that is just trying to make a suggestion to you and how you can see results the fastest. I believe in what he says about heavy weights. What you want to do is lose weight, tone up, and look smashing, am I right? Walking and other aerobic excercises are going to take the weight off and build up your cardio. A suggestion I have for you is to do what makes you happy and feel good about yourself. I have also found that drinking plenty of water seems to help your skin have elasticity and not just sag when you lose a lot of weight. I hope this helps. Good luck!

I would love to see a female lifter on this site that looks bulky (without purposely trying to look like a female bodybuilder). I have yet to see one. I'm not personally looking to get ripped and chiseled, but there are lots of ladies on here that want it, rock it, and don't look bulky AT ALL. I just don't get why women get so stuck on this "I'm going to look bulky!" thing.

I also find it interesting that men seem to deem it as a bad thing. I took weight lifting in high school, and the only grief I got was the boys going "Oh damn girl, you keep bench pressing and your boobs are gonna look even bigger... and it's gonna be AWESOME". Never did they imply "bulky" was a bad thing. Also, for the record, they were intimidated by my leg strength and I beat the living tar out of one of them. It was pretty awesome.

I used to be so awesome.... what happened???
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

I also find it interesting that men seem to deem it as a bad thing. I took weight lifting in high school, and the only grief I got was the boys going "Oh damn girl, you keep bench pressing and your boobs are gonna look even bigger... and it's gonna be AWESOME". Never did they imply "bulky" was a bad thing. Also, for the record, they were intimidated by my leg strength and I beat the living tar out of one of them. It was pretty awesome.

I used to be so awesome.... what happened???

lol I did weight class too in high school and all the boys would just stare as I did chest flies.
  • megami_girl
    megami_girl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    > lol the only reason I still do cardio is because it's rule #1 in Zombieland.

Bwahahaha
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Hi MissTattoo:
    I see you love to take photos and that immediately
    puts you on my side. I saw your gym photo...nice image in front of those
    dumb bells ...Don't use weights as it will bulk up your bod...you want to aerobic training ( treadmill, elliptical, zumba class) and if you must use weights, try not to use anything more than 10 pounds because you will end up looking like one of those bodybuilders. Message me if you want any tips! I'll make a special plan for you and you will see results. Srsly thou...stay away from the big boy weights. Trust me. Cardio is the only way to melt fat. Lifting will just add muscle to fat and you will just get bigger."

Stay away from the "big boy" weights? How condescending. Delete & ignore!!!! And keep kicking *kitten* in the weight room!
  • emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options

hahaha this is awesome!!! And he is most definitely WRONG. Women DO NOT bulk up, it's physiologically impossible to bulk up like a man....it's called, take a biology class. I have my degree in Biology, so I know a thing or two.
  • Pgarcia413
    Pgarcia413 Posts: 28
    Options
    Maybe he is upset because a woman came and took the pink 15lb dumbbells that he uses for his curls? So now he tries to discourage all women from using the weight room?

Maybe nobody ever taught him that sharing is caring?:(
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Results are all you need. If you're getting the results from lifting heavy weights, then do it! My personal trainer said lifting heavy weights is actually a great way to lose weight fast, but if you continue it after the weight is gone, you will bulk up. When you're ready to tone, lighter weights with more reps does the trick. It's all about muscle fatigue. Make your muscle so tired, you can't move them anymore. That is what gets results. And honestly, it's easier to get tired faster with more weight. So do what works for you, and ignore that muscle head!
  • mattmoo33
    mattmoo33 Posts: 36
    Options
    I so know where I would be putting those big boy weights.....

But actually loving the idea of some pink sparkly ones. Just make sure they are heavy enough!
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    This guy is dumb, EVERYONE should be lifting heavy and the only way you will get bulky like a body builder is if you have your carbs protiens fats mapped out to the gram, and micromanaging every rep you do in your workouts, dont listen to him you are doing awesome keep lifting heavy!! Not enough women lift heavy so I applaud you for doing so I wish I could shake your hand :)