To the Nickelback Haters

Options
Lone_Wolf70
Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
I would not describe myself as a huge fan, however if ur a fan of hard rock & u spew hatred of them u really are misguided, as they r really the only.band that is carrying the flag of rock in popular music....theyre still better than 99% of whats in the top 40.....

If ur gonna hate...hate beiber, call me maybe & hip hop.....theyre the enemy

****Staff Note****
This thread has been locked.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Cheers,
Scott
MyFitnessPal Staff

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Yeah where r the haters now
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Right here!! **raises hand high** I am a hater. What's it to you? lol
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Nickleback sucks.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I feel equal disdain for Nickelback AND Bieber :tongue:

I also have to strongly disagree that they're "better than 99% of what's in the top 40".....although there's a percentage that is following their lead and sound just like them (meaning BAD).
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    So explain it, rather than being sheep....explain y u hate the only rock band left in popular music
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Cool Story, Bro.
    :smile:
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I don't hate nickelback..they've never done anything to me... other than making my ears bleed when they played halftime of a Lions/Packers game..so maybe I do hate them =)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    So explain it, rather than being sheep....explain y u hate the only rock band left in popular music

I don't like the way they sound or how they sing. Dude, seriously, what's it to you? Are they your buddies? Like NB all you want, I don't.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    nickelback sucks.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Because I'm sick of hearing the same "Drink it, smash it or **** it" song over and over again. And where do you get this "only band left" nonsense? The Foo Fighters? Avenged Sevenfold? Slash? Ringing any bells?
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    ME. Cant stand them, Ill shut the radio FULLY OFF if they come on. Im not 13, so I dont listen to Beiber, lol. It's ok if you like them, the world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    This blog is a good start
    http://accordingtomyblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/10-reasons-why-nickelback-is-worst-band.html
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Please explain to me how you came to the conclusion that they are the only rock band left in popular music... Last time I checked, that's just called an opinion. In my opinion, I don't care for Nickleback e.g. Something in Your Mouth (which by the way won the award for worst lyrics of the year).
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Why do we have to explain it? I don't like them because they don't make good music. They sound bad. They make my ears hurt. The end.

I do agree, though, that there is hardly any good rock music being made anymore. If any.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ......this is how you remind me.....how really awful they are!!!!! \m/
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Nickelback puts on a good show. Lots of energy.
    Their music is MUCH better than the Rap or top forty music that some people consider music.
    Just Saying.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    theyre still better than 99% of whats in the top 40.....

Being better than the worst around you does not make you good. That said, I just looked at the current Top 40 and would only be able to hum one tune for you based on the name of the song.

I'll stick to blues, American folk, and pre-war jazz, thank you.
    -wtk
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Hello...my name is Laura and I do NOT hate Nickelback. I wouldn't pay to see them in concert; but I do like some of their music.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I feel equal disdain for Nickelback AND Bieber :tongue:

I think you don't like Canadians...LOL. Kidding
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I can see OP having a private tribute to them as Mr. Carl does for Miley http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2162985/Miley-Cyrus-admirer-15-tattoos-dedicated-idol.html:noway:
This discussion has been closed.