To the Nickelback Haters

Options

Replies

• DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    And to think...Little old me started this by simply asking what everybodys fave band was in amother post. Shame on you Michelle ; )
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    internet-memes-untrue.png

LMAO
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7W-2BJUveE

...I'll just leave this here...
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about Nickleback as I do about raw cauliflower.

.....bland.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Last one and I am done

nickelback.jpg
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    I would not describe myself as a huge fan, however if ur a fan of hard rock & u spew hatred of them u really are misguided, as they r really the only.band that is carrying the flag of rock in popular music....theyre still better than 99% of whats in the top 40.....

If ur gonna hate...hate beiber, call me maybe & hip hop.....theyre the enemy

dude, I had to look at your pix twice cause you look like Brock Lesner
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Because I'm sick of hearing the same "Drink it, smash it or **** it" song over and over again. And where do you get this "only band left" nonsense? The Foo Fighters? Avenged Sevenfold? Slash? Ringing any bells?

First off u will find no bigger fan of Slash/Myles than me& I woulfnt even put nickelbsck in my top 50, but the hatred for them is irrational n misguided IMO

I bet you find having a sense of humor irrational and misguided as well.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    As a Canadian I apologize for Beiber and Nicklecrap.

OP: Nickleback is one of the worst bands I have every heard. They are sellouts that only produce what is selling, not what is good.

Take a look at this video to see a spoof from a Canadian TV show regarding their music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=753WF127iAE
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I would not describe myself as a huge fan, however if ur a fan of hard rock & u spew hatred of them u really are misguided, as they r really the only.band that is carrying the flag of rock in popular music....theyre still better than 99% of whats in the top 40.....

If ur gonna hate...hate beiber, call me maybe & hip hop.....theyre the enemy

I've always liked Nickleback but I enjoy all types of music. I enjoy hip hop as well.
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I've seen Nickleback in concert 3 times, love them. I don't understand all the negative and harsh criticism of them, they make good music, well mostly...there are a few songs on every album that they release that I do not add to my iTunes library.

However, I love Bieber too! And Yo-Yo Ma and Kenny Chesney - I am all over the map when it comes to music, I even have some African music on my iPod. IMO music in all forms is generally acceptable and talent is talent regardless if it appeals to 100% of the population, that would be an unattainable feat - we're just too different.

I am not a fan of anything that is negative - tend to steer my ears away from rap. It's just not my thing.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    So explain it, rather than being sheep....explain y u hate the only rock band left in popular music

I can explain endlessly why I hate the only "rock" band left in popular music. Being the voice of rock in the pop realm does not make them any more legit nor does it mean they are deserving of being liked simply because they are more "rock" than 99% of pop music. I liked them during the Silver Side Up era when they were just getting started...they sang about things that actually meant something. They had a message behind their words, they had a nice hard, driving sound. While I still think their sound has retained some of that element, they have basically sold their souls to make money. All of their radio hits now, every single solitary one, is about one or all of the following topics: sluts, booze, and partying. It lacks substance. I get sick of hearing songs about binge drinking after awhile. It gets really old really fast. They can't help it that their songs are overplayed to hell and back, but it does seem like they've completely sold out. As a chick, I can't stand listening to things like "You look so much cuter with something in your mouth." Ummm, F you guys and have fun with your bar sluts.

Everyone has their personal preference, and mine is that I'm a Nickelback hater with the exception of their early songs, which I still listen to from time to time. Silver Side Up and The Long Road were decent albums. Everything since then...not so much. Better than 99% of pop music still equals crappy. That's like saying Oatmeal Cream Pies are good for you because they have more fiber than 99% of other snack cakes because of the oatmeal. They are still bad, and Nickelback still sucks. Rant over.
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh yeh, I must say, they make my ears hurt! ...and that's coming from someone who saw the Beastie Boys in the 80's!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    77295d1249138683-runs-hot-traffic-this_thread_rocks.jpg
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Btw excuse typos, I use the mobile app & was driving

This my friends is the average nickelback fan.

Posts while driving.

can you have roid and road rage at the same time?
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love Nickelback!!!

You know, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to music. Nobody should put another down just because they like music that you don't like. Be respectful of each other. This world has enough hate in it. We don't need to add more.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn3T1gHayqoPTnqk1JEMFwTc9qtrCdUH8L0GpXRoclDRuVW-St
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I like both Nickelback and the song call me maybe...Lol?
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    77295d1249138683-runs-hot-traffic-this_thread_rocks.jpg

Youre welcome. lol. :wink:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Btw excuse typos, I use the mobile app & was driving

This my friends is the average nickelback fan.

Posts while driving.

can you have roid and road rage at the same time?

Quite clearly you can/
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have no opinion,other than when Patrick Carney from The Black Keys said he had a problem with Nickelback being the biggest band in the world, I actually laughed.
This discussion has been closed.