To the Nickelback Haters

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'll put it simply. They're awful. Every song they write sounds the same. "you'd look better with something in your mouth" makes me want to punch that piece of visual birth conrols dipwads face.

But if you like 100 songs that all sound the same sung by some hideous man who wouldn't get @ss otherwise...have at it.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I can see OP having a private tribute to them as Mr. Carl does for Miley
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2162985/Miley-Cyrus-admirer-15-tattoos-dedicated-idol.html

Thank you. I was bored at work and will now be on his Twitter page all afternoon. Next drink is on me.
    -wtk
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I feel equal disdain for Nickelback AND Bieber :tongue:

I think you don't like Canadians...LOL. Kidding
    hahaha...OK, now I have to give a shout out for Neil Young and Alanis Morisette, and although I'm not a huge fan, I can't deny that Celine Dion has mad-talent!!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Because I'm sick of hearing the same "Drink it, smash it or **** it" song over and over again. And where do you get this "only band left" nonsense? The Foo Fighters? Avenged Sevenfold? Slash? Ringing any bells?

First off u will find no bigger fan of Slash/Myles than me& I woulfnt even put nickelbsck in my top 50, but the hatred for them is irrational n misguided IMO
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    bad-luck-nickelback.jpg&sa=X&ei=7wr3T7GZIom4rQHwrNGLCQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHfcaXDg0ih4EnJmwniH9-MoVlLZg
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    So explain it, rather than being sheep....explain y u hate the only rock band left in popular music
    They are the epitome of boring corporate hard rock. It's like they have sold out from the start, their lyrics are bland, their songs are overplayed, they have zero originality, and they sound exactly like every other hard rock band to hit the radio since the 90's. Their music is too over-produced, meaning they sound like every other band mainly so they appeal to a large number of people and their songs will get played on the radio. That's it. Also, I just don't like their music, it's very dull. They don't sound as if they have any more talent or creativity than any other band, which in my opinion is essential for good music. They don't sound like they have much passion, and their lyrics seem to be mainly about *kitten*.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    I'll put it simply. They're awful. Every song they write sounds the same. "you'd look better with something in your mouth" makes me want to punch that piece of visual birth conrols dipwads face.

But if you like 100 songs that all sound the same sung by some hideous man who wouldn't get @ss otherwise...have at it.

wait a second..... If I sing crap songs I can get *kitten*?????

**grabs pen and paper**
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like that Spiderman song
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    bad-luck-nickelback.jpg&sa=X&ei=7wr3T7GZIom4rQHwrNGLCQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHfcaXDg0ih4EnJmwniH9-MoVlLZg

OMG!!!! I might pee my pants on THAT one!!! AWESOME! :laugh:
  • Fulminare
    Fulminare Posts: 17
    Options
    I hate to be the voice of reason but "Never say NEVER" was the greatest story ever told.....Bieber Fever forever!!!
    Everybody has an opinion of what they like and dislike thats all it is an opinion ...That's my 50cents or Nickelback on the convo..BOOM!!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I can see OP having a private tribute to them as Mr. Carl does for Miley http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2162985/Miley-Cyrus-admirer-15-tattoos-dedicated-idol.html:noway:

Hey poprock, learn to read...my first sentance says im not a huge fan....
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Because Chad Kroeger sounds like he's trying to push out a massive dump every time he sings. And all their songs sound the same. And that same song they all sound like is boring. And calling them "rock" sends a shiver down Dave Grohl's spine.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    nickleback and hard rock should never be in the same paragraph.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I can see OP having a private tribute to them as Mr. Carl does for Miley http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2162985/Miley-Cyrus-admirer-15-tattoos-dedicated-idol.html:noway:

Hey poprock, learn to read...my first sentence says im not a huge fan....
    :flowerforyou:
    Right. I too like to make threads to troll about topics I am not interested in.

Edited to correct your spelling. Sorry, drives me crazy.
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would not describe myself as a huge fan, however if ur a fan of hard rock & u spew hatred of them u really are misguided, as they r really the only.band that is carrying the flag of rock in popular music....theyre still better than 99% of whats in the top 40.....

If ur gonna hate...hate beiber, call me maybe & hip hop.....theyre the enemy

I'm not misguided.. have you HEARD the clips of two of their songs put together and they sound damn near TOO CLOSE to identical? yea, they are sooo original and amazing.. said no one ever.
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    nickleback and hard rock should never be in the same paragraph.

beyond agreed over a thousand times.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I hate them. I'll admit to it. They are not hard rock, not good and are so completely talentless that it hurts me to even listen to a song by them. Does top 40 suck worse? Nope, just as bad. They all suck.

I'm sticking with the tried and true REAL rockers like the boss. He can sing the ABC song and I will buy it because at least he can sing.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    They suck, end of story. There are tons of other bands that are a million times better that you will never hear of because you only know whats on the charts and on the radio. It's not talent that gets you on those, it's marketing.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Because I'm sick of hearing the same "Drink it, smash it or **** it" song over and over again. And where do you get this "only band left" nonsense? The Foo Fighters? Avenged Sevenfold? Slash? Ringing any bells?

First off u will find no bigger fan of Slash/Myles than me& I woulfnt even put nickelbsck in my top 50, but the hatred for them is irrational n misguided IMO

Opinions don't have to be rational. Yes, nickleback sucks.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    3oicz9.jpg

I don't care for them but I don't care for Beiber either, so your argument is invalid. :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.