What's your Protein/Nutritional Shake Recipe?

Options

Replies

• nwilson91
    nwilson91 Posts: 70
    Options
    Mine is 355 kCal:

3 oz Musselman's 100% Apple Juice
    2 oz Knudson's Just Cranberry Juice
    1 oz Pom Pomegranate Juice
    4 oz Frozen Berries (Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry - Cascade Farm Organic tastes best!)
    4 oz Oikos or Cho Bani Greek Nonfat Yogurt, Plain
    1 medium Banana
    1 tsp Spirulina Powder (Ultimate Superfoods)

Since they say you should get some fat in to help absorb the nutrients, I usually eat 6 almonds for an additional 40 kCal, plus I add a GNC Ultra Mega Green (Vegetarian) Vitapak and sometimes a shot of Wheatgrass.
  • Vant02770
    Vant02770 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Food Lover's Fat Loss System and this is one of the smoothies I have daily. I don't like ANY artificial sweetners, so my recipe doesn't have any, but the orignial recipe calls for 2 packets of whatever artificial sweetner you like.

Mocha's Kisses Smoothie- 226 Calories- The perfect morning snack

Swiss Miss - No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa, 0.5 envelope
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
    Body Fortress - (C) Super Advanced Whey Protein - Vanilla Corrected*, 33 g (1 Scoop)
    Spring Valley - Ground Flaxseed, 1 tablespoons
    Mccormick - Ground Cinnamon, 0.5 tsp. (2.3g)
    Mccormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract, 0.5 tsp. (5mL)
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Drinking one as I type! I use 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup lite silk chocolate milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter. I mix it in the blender with 6 ice cubes. Yum!

Eta: calories: 348
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Mine changes a lot. My favorite one would have to be my blueberry (or strawberry) cheesecake one:

1 c. frozen berries
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Body Fortress)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 oz. fat free cream cheese and/or 1 TBSP of sugar free jello cheesecake flavored pudding mix
    1/2 tsp xanthan gum
    1 TBSP virgin coconut oil (optional, but I can usually use the calories; I workout hard)
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 c. cottage cheese
    ice
    water or milk (just enough for whizzing up)

Blend to creamy deliciousness and enjoy. YUM!
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    1 scoop of Syntha 6 banana or Chike Nutrition Banana
    1/3 cup water
    1/3 cup of ice
    1/3 almond milk
    a few pieces of frozen Mango :)
  • rose2383
    rose2383 Posts: 3
    Options
    i use cookies and cream herbalife protein milkshake there tasty and helped me with losing weight
  • zumbahcg
    zumbahcg Posts: 7
    Options
    I drink Herbalife smoothies made with water. I love the taste and the calories are under 200 per shake. I make them with a cup of ice, and 12 oz of water. I also put in frozen blueberries or frozen strawberries. I use a very good blender and the results are great.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I LOVE frozen broccoli in mine!! I mean it is even hard for me to drink a shake if it doesn't have some type of veggie in:bigsmile: (sometimes I use fresh spinach) So mine right now is:

1/4 cup or so of frozen berries.....usually blueberries
    1 cup frozen broccoli
    I scoop Whey protein powder from orgainic grass fed cows :love: (my fave is the chocolate flavor)
    1 cup unsweetned almond milk
    stevia to taste.

don't know the calorie count cuz I usally just focus on the carb count and protein which is very good for this!:flowerforyou:
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1C Almond Milk, unsweetened
    1 scoop Whey protein (usually chocolate)
    A glob of PB (usually 1-2T) Or 1T melted coconut oil (for good fats)
    A handful of frozen berries or a glob of sugar free preserves.
    Stevia or splenda to taste

Blend it well, add ice cubes or frozen coffee to taste.
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love good fruit in my protein shakes! Generally, I've been gravitating towards:

- A banana
    - 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
    - 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
    - 1/2 cup of 1% milk
    - Scoop of vanilla whey protein powder

Mine is exactly the same but with fresh berries and chocolate whey protein powder (1/2 scoop). That's about 250-300 calories depending on how much fruit I add. I like how everything blends in together and the combined taste.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love good fruit in my protein shakes! Generally, I've been gravitating towards:

- A banana
    - 1/2 cup of 1% milk

Mine is exactly the same but with fresh berries and chocolate whey protein powder (1/2 scoop). That's about 250-300 calories depending on how much fruit I add. I like how everything blends in together and the combined taste.

The frozen berries are for convenience, much easier to keep a 1kg bag of frozen blueberries for a couple months than have to go buy em frequently. Also I find the coldness thickens the shake nicely. Sometimes I throw in a tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder - only 20 calories and it gives it a rich chocolate undertone. Going to do that after my workout today!
  • chantalm15
    chantalm15 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump they all sound like great recipes!
  • sushiforbrains
    Options
    Here is what I just had after my workout today, I am calling it the "Beyond Blueberry" for ... reasons. lol.

3/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup Silk orignal almond milk (usually I use blue diamond but this is what I have this time)
    1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
    1/4 tsp Watkin's Caramel Extract

Comes in just under 200 calories with the ingredients I used, yours may vary depending on your shake mix and milk (soy, almond, cow, etc)
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I eat a smoothie every morning.

1 Banana
    2 strawberries or 1/4 cup mixed frozen berries
    1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
    Water.

What can I put in place of the banana that will still have a great taste? They are high sugar and carb, so I think it would be best for me to cut them out of my diet. Maybe I can start eating them again when I've reached my weight loss goals.

Any ideas?
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Options

- A banana
    - 1/2 cup of 1% milk

The frozen berries are for convenience, much easier to keep a 1kg bag of frozen blueberries for a couple months than have to go buy em frequently. Also I find the coldness thickens the shake nicely. Sometimes I throw in a tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder - only 20 calories and it gives it a rich chocolate undertone. Going to do that after my workout today!

I don't think I have ever seen frozen berries. Would have to check it out. Fresh berries don't really stay fresh for a lot of days! So had to rush to finish them! Chocolate is a must for me. Personally I can't take the vanilla shake....
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Here's my usual morning shake:
    8 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2 stalks of kale with the stem stripped off
    about 3/4 of a frozen banana
    a handful (around 1/2 C) of frozen strawberries.
    One scoop of your favorite whey powder.

Optional: 1-2 tbs unsweetened Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder.

Blend. Add ice cubes to make 24 oz total volume.

Totals about 340 kcal without the cocoa powder, about 380 with. Fair warnings: (a) you need a blender with power, as this shake is pretty thick. I use a Waring Pro bar blender, and it works fine. (b) the color is just about exactly that of baby poop, but it's tasty, keeps me full until lunchtime, and has plenty of protein and fiber.
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I found the easiest repipe today and it was great! It was a milkshake-like consistency and tasted like dessert.

4oz soy milk
    1 frozen banana
    1 scoop Nature's Plus cookies and cream whey protein powder
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing:

1 scoop shakeology
    8oz water
    1 container oikos greek yogurt (vanilla)
    1 cup spinach
    1 cup berries
    ice cubes
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Kind of boring but it keeps the sugar low and the protein high:

1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
    3-4 ice cubes.

30 g protein - easy peasy!