What's your Protein/Nutritional Shake Recipe?

Options

Replies

• sabras18
    sabras18 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've had both the Tropical Strawberry Vegan and Chocolate Vegan since I'm allergic to whey protein. LOVE 'em both and was torn whether I wanted to switch my Strawberry to Chocolate Vegan when it came out but it's YUMMMY!! My fave Tropical Strawberry was 8oz water, banana, 1 scoop Shakeology and frozen mango chunks and so far my fave Choc Vegan is simple...10 oz coconut milk (partially frozen) and one scoop Shakeo. Gonna add chocolate egg white protein to it 2day and hope it doesn't ruin the taste lol.

thanks so much!!! i love my shakes cant live without them!!!
  • sabras18
    sabras18 Posts: 24
    Options
    I love good fruit in my protein shakes! Generally, I've been gravitating towards:

- A banana
    - 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
    - 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
    - 1/2 cup of 1% milk
    - Scoop of vanilla whey protein powder

Mine is exactly the same but with fresh berries and chocolate whey protein powder (1/2 scoop). That's about 250-300 calories depending on how much fruit I add. I like how everything blends in together and the combined taste.

The frozen berries are for convenience, much easier to keep a 1kg bag of frozen blueberries for a couple months than have to go buy em frequently. Also I find the coldness thickens the shake nicely. Sometimes I throw in a tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder - only 20 calories and it gives it a rich chocolate undertone. Going to do that after my workout today!

I don't think I have ever seen frozen berries. Would have to check it out. Fresh berries don't really stay fresh for a lot of days! So had to rush to finish them! Chocolate is a must for me. Personally I can't take the vanilla shake....

walmart has their own brand look in the desert isle, i love them, you can also freeze the fresh berries you buy....i have blue berry bushes and pick once a week and freeze
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite is:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup fresh spinach
    1 cup frozen berries (blueberry, blackberry, strawberry)
    1 packet splenda

Tastes incredible (you can't taste the spinach at all) and makes a huge amount for 255 calories and 33g protein.
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Jillian Michaels Whey Protein Powder in Triple Chocolate (100 calories)
    1 cup skim milk (90 calories)
    and either 1 banana (90 calories) or 1/2 cup Chapman's frozen yogurt in Dutch Chocolate (90 calories)

Total: 280 calories
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1/2cup cottage cheese
    2 scoops protein
    Ice+water
    Then whatever flavors I want to add for that day
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Here's my favorite:

- 2 scoops Isoflex chocolate protein powder
    - 8 oz vanilla rice milk or unsweetened almond milk or Simply Smart fat free milk (depending on much many calories I want that day)
    - 1/4 - 1/2 cup of oatmeal (again, depending on how many calories I want to get in, how many I burned in my workout, etc)
    - half a cup (or more) frozen blueberries
    - 1 tblsp chia seeds
    - 2 ice cubes

I have this (or some very similar variation) almost every morning. I'm I'm wanting more calories, I toss in half a banana and maybe a tblsp of almond butter - but that jacks the calories up to around 600, and I don't usually like to go that high. (But man, the banana and almond butter is soooo yummy!!!)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    one banana
    1/2 cup of plain yogurt
    tablespoon of hemp protein powder
    tablespoon of super greens powder
    6 ounces of juice
    6 ounces of hemp milk

add other frozen fruits as desired
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Tropical Strawberry Shakeology
    6 oz. pineapple coconut water
    6 oz. unsweetened vanilla coconut almond milk
    6 oz. water
    1/2 banana
    2 cups baby spinach
    1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
    Ice to taste
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I don't think I have ever seen frozen berries. Would have to check it out. Fresh berries don't really stay fresh for a lot of days! So had to rush to finish them! Chocolate is a must for me. Personally I can't take the vanilla shake....

walmart has their own brand look in the desert isle, i love them, you can also freeze the fresh berries you buy....i have blue berry bushes and pick once a week and freeze

I don't ever buy frozen fruits. I buy them fresh then freeze them myself.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    1 scoop Tropical Strawberry Shakeology
    6 oz. pineapple coconut water
    6 oz. unsweetened vanilla coconut almond milk
    6 oz. water
    1/2 banana
    2 cups baby spinach
    1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
    Ice to taste

OMG! Coconut water! Great idea! I will start subbing that for juice!
  • brandiec01
    Options
    Thinking I need to start drinking smoothies/shakes more!! All of them sound yummy! Thanks for sharing them :smile:
  • wendy1024
    wendy1024 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For weight loss: Diet Ocean Spray Juices, (there is a variety of flavors and they have only 5 cal each) plus Designer Whey Protein. This alone is ok enough as a snack on the go. Sometimes Ill throw it in the blender with any one or all of the following, but always keeping it under 300 cal. (ice, fat free yogurt, fruit, extracts to add flavor such as vanilla, raspberry, almond, coconut...).

In maintainence, my all time favorite is: 1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt, 1/2 skim milk, 1 TBS peanut butter, 1 med. banana, and Vanilla Whey, ice and blended....yummy.:love: Filling and helps with sweet cravings. (I used to throw a splenda or truvia in it but now skip it). This has 416 calories, 36 g protein, 50 g carbs and 10 g fat. A meal in itself.
  • Motion21
    Motion21 Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you like that protien powder? I recently bought some at GNC, just wondering if you feel good with it. i am nervous it will bulk me up instead of helping me slim. i need more protein but not bulk.
  • Motion21
    Motion21 Posts: 4
    Options
    great job on your 14lbs. loss:smile:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any dashing dish shake... They are all around 30-40 grams of protein and super easy to make. :bigsmile:

www.dashingdish.com/recipes/shakes/
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    This was my breakfast this morning:

Isonatural - Pure Whey Protein (Unflavored), 1 scoop
    West Soy - Non Fat Plain Soy Milk, 0.25 Cup
    Pineapple - Fresh Fruit, 1/2 cup
    Trader Joe's - Plain Non Fat Frozen Yogurt, 1/4 cup

Calories: 218
    Carbs: 19
    Protein: 32

It came out smooth, thick, and yummy, like a pineapple milk shake.

I usually do a similar thing with various frozen fruits, like blueberries, pineapple, or mango. But today, I happened to have fresh pineapple handy. Somedays, I skip the fruit and put a tablespoon of Chocolate PB2 in it instead.
  • brsquared
    brsquared Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the protein shake recipes! I'm going to try some of them. Here is mine that I use almost daily - sometimes as a meal replacement, sometimes as a snack.
    - 3/4 cup of light soy vanilla milk
    - 1 scoop of bluebonnet dual-action protein (whey + casein) - chocolate flavored ( I wanted a "clean" whey protein without any added sweeteners and I bought this one at an organic store)
    - frozen raspberries

Delicious!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite:

1/3 of a frozen banana (I do this to keep carbohydrates low)
    8 oz Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
    8 oz Coffee (Starbucks dark roast brewed, chilled, stored in the fridge. Decaf)
    2 Scoops of Gnc Pro Performance Amp - Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60
    4 Ice cubes

Sometimes I'll do 16oz of coffee instead of the coffee / almond milk blend.

Yum.
  • jiffner25
    jiffner25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes to try! :happy:
    thanks