OMG! This is sooooo difficult!

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Are you crazy??? Do you know how much 'undies' weigh? I even take off my watch. But I don't post it on here unless I get the same number two days in a row. :noway:

Mine don't weigh much :blushing: :laugh:
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I broke myself of that by not having a scale for months. But I LOVE to quantify my progress on things, it helps motivate me more than just doing the right thing & taking care of myself, so I allowed it back in the house. =P Now I make sure to not to weigh before Tuesday! But it's to the point now where I forget to weigh in, haha!

It's a habit, but habits can be broken. =)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day. It drove me nuts, I had to switch to once a week.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sorry- I'm a daily weigher too- but I don't stress about it too badly. I would rather see the fluctuations then have them hit me once a week.

You could try a tack strip taped down to it- that may be a deterrent to stepping on the scale? Unless your into that, then it might not work.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    You were so nice and I said #2:sad:
    As a weighing addict myself, the best advice that I can give you is to distract yourself from food and the scale. Get out of the house, take a walk perhaps, or go to the shop. Or find something that sparks your interest, get lost into a subject on the internet or in a good book or movie.

Or at least just remember, your weight is subject to change many times through out the day. Remember at the end of the day you've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner and that will add weight until you do your 'business' in the morning. People always weigh less in the morning and a pint of water is equal in weight to a pound.

Just stop fixating on the scales. Like I said: take your mind off things and relax.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't have a working scale. Mine tells me I weight 140 one day and 121 the next. So, I don't use it, and only weigh in on my recruiter's "real" scale. Maybe just getting it out of the house?
  • Shadom
    Shadom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't help much either. Thought I was the only one with those annoying fluctuations. I don't stress too much about it though. I'm switching to weekly! I think :wink:
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    It is so hard. I can't stay away from the scale either. I keep telling myself to just weigh myself on certain days, but nope the darn thing pulls me in! I keep telling myself to put the scale away somewhere. "Out of sight, out of mind", but I can't bring myself to do that either. Scales are evil beings!!! Sorry, I am no help, but I do understand!!!
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can get pretty obsessive, if I catch myself I take the batteries out and put the scales in the closet. That is enough to keep me away until I make the decision to try again
  • stupidusername123
    stupidusername123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'm an almost reformed daily weigher!
    I now get up and have a big drink of water, then I'm like, can't weigh now, it'll be out (over).
    Also my scales are solar digital ones, so I have to turn the light on and wait a few minutes for them to charge up enough to work.
    It's addictive, weighing every day. I like to see my discipline rewarded with the numbers, but it gets too disheartening when it goes up despite all my hard work!
  • crystaltate4
    Options
    try giving urself one day a week to weight urself, it can be frustrating if u weight urself everyday cuz of the ups and downs and can make u wanna quit the rollercoaster, c im just the oppisite i hate getting on the scale i hate weighting myself just because it might say i lost nothing. so i give myself every thursday morning i get on that scale and weight myself weither i want to or not and u r so welcome to friend me im humorious myself and believe laughter is the best medicine for everything. gl
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh everyday but I have to say that the scale has started to define my mood. So today I decided to put the scale out of sight as I didn't like the number it showed this am after a week of hard work. I'm just going to relax for awhile and see what happens. Good luck with your scale withdrawal. This is a fantastic place to be. Always looking for motivated friends.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Make rules and stick with them.
    When you weight youself do it at the same time every time. Like I always weight myself before I eat anything on sunday mornings.
    Stop worrying helps alot, tell yourself this will happen no matter how long it has to take. Slow loss is better than fast loss, it is more likely til stick, you are less likely to fail and go back to where you started.

You are welcome to add me if you want.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would pay one of the scary muscle guys on this site to come live in your house and break your legs if you try. Or something like that.
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I weigh daily also. And on weekends I weigh twice. Once at 5:00 like I do every morning, then I go back to bed and weigh again when I get up for the day. I usually am down another .2 to .6 pounds the second time. I keep a log on my phone of daily weight, BF% (when I remember) and time I went to sleep and woke up. I log all this information in my fitbit account. I only log my weight loss on MFP when I have lost more than a pound. I don't get discouraged if I'm up a little bit, but it does help me remember that I can't splurge and expect to lose.
  • craiglannigan
    craiglannigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @sz8soon .... lol not sure if i'm into that ... i'll give it a go and if its not for me i'll be messaging you with an invoice for bandages .... I also love the ways you lot have come up with to get rid of the scales .... the solar powered ones, that sounds like the excuse I need lololol
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    LOL!! Oh now this is the best advice here, LOL!! You go girl!! Oh by the way, you are remembering to put the baby down when you weigh right;):wink:
    I had my boyfriend hide mine.. =p It isn't a bad thing to weigh everyday.. it can help you understand how your body fluctuates =) If its stressing you out, have someone hide it!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I want one of the scarey muscle guys too!! Oh wait, this is for breaking my legs, nevermind:blushing:
    I would pay one of the scary muscle guys on this site to come live in your house and break your legs if you try. Or something like that.
  • nancyki
    nancyki Posts: 46
    Options
    I weigh daily and see pounds fluctuate, but I have only ONE date that the weight "counts" - Thursday morning. That keeps me focused on where I am on a weekly rather than daily basis. Good luck!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale in my house. I use my mom's. She lives just down the street, and I would go over once a week and weigh myself. I'm not since starting my new, and final, 'diet' because the scale discourages me. I'm hypothyroid, so I lose extreeeeeeeeemely slowly.