One Year Later

Options

Replies

• elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look younger, you look slimmer and you certainly look like you've gained much more than 23 pounds! Awesome job. Well done!

That was meant to be 'lost' not gained - I've got gained on my brain because I've been gaining for the past couple of weeks.
  • Magringa
    Magringa Posts: 2
    Options
    Looking Good! Keep up the good work!!! It's a long journey but you will only benefit in the end!
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    wow, good for you, way slimmer if you ask me, belly is gone, arms look nicely toned and legs look strong. keep it up!!!

I agree! I can see a change all over. Way to go!!
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Keep it up!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! I am so proud of you:) I am sending you a friend request and hope you accept. I want to keep track of those that are sticking to it and doing it the right way:) denise:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Short & Slick version:

I started my journey late April 2012. Since the age of 7 I've always been overweight. Anytime I've lost weight it's been because of stress, never on purpose. The same happened at the end of 2011...lots of stress, my body showed the same. This time, something changed. When I started to put back on the weight, I made a decision to get healthy ON PURPOSE. No more stress loss (though it's always come in handy :) ), no more hiding from cameras for fear of actually seeing my image captured on film. No more "from the neck up" photos. It's time to take control of my life and become the best version of me I can be.

If I win and drop weight, great! That's not the goal. The goal is to live, eat, BE healthy and happy. Period.

So...the pic on the left is rom June 2011, giving the toast at my sister's wedding. I was "happy" then, but grossly unhealthy. The pic on the right was taken today after my AM workout. I've lost 23 lbs to date with another 50 to go. My closet is feeling the changes (I've donated more clothes the past month as I would annually) but when I look in the mirror, I don't see a real change. Even though the people I do life with see it and are super supportive, I'm pushing until *I* see it.

I've never done this before...so please be kind but honest. I can take it.

1yrlater.jpg
  • Maceylady
    Maceylady Posts: 2
    Options
    I think you look great and should keep your goal in mind! Thanks for the post.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You need to look at your pictures again my friend, because that 23 pounds is making a big difference! Nice job!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the progress. Doing it the right way takes a long time, so props to you for sticking with it! You're doing great :)
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are looking great and making wonderful progress. Keep up the A W E S O M E work. Congratulatoins on your weightloss and your lifestyle change :)
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Great work. :)
  • nostalgicfortune
    Options
    Hey hunny,

I totally can understand the 'not seeing it part' of your statement, but that's what you need the pictures for

You see yourself transform slowly everyday in that mirror, so you never really get to see a 'before' and 'after' it's just a continuous view

Use those pictures to show yourself what has in fact changed

You're gorgeous in both pictures, and it's great that you're doing this for yourself :-)
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful and the changes are totally showing. I DO know what you mean thought about being unable to see them yourself. Our minds have a way of tricking us. Keep up the great work.
  • rampantpiper
    rampantpiper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    These pictures look like two different people, and I guess they are. Both of them may have wanted to be a certain size in their head, but only one made the commitment to make the change. The most noticeable difference is in the face. Now go find someone you haven't seen in year, wear something pretty, and watch their jaw drop! Nice work.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Key things you said....this is a healthier lifestyle and I love your dedication and commitment...You look great...Never give up and continue to go for what you want until you are satisfied..You look wonderful!! The difference is definitely obvious!
  • Wuisyb
    Wuisyb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Short & Slick version:

I started my journey late April 2012. Since the age of 7 I've always been overweight. Anytime I've lost weight it's been because of stress, never on purpose. The same happened at the end of 2011...lots of stress, my body showed the same. This time, something changed. When I started to put back on the weight, I made a decision to get healthy ON PURPOSE. No more stress loss (though it's always come in handy :) ), no more hiding from cameras for fear of actually seeing my image captured on film. No more "from the neck up" photos. It's time to take control of my life and become the best version of me I can be.

If I win and drop weight, great! That's not the goal. The goal is to live, eat, BE healthy and happy. Period.

So...the pic on the left is rom June 2011, giving the toast at my sister's wedding. I was "happy" then, but grossly unhealthy. The pic on the right was taken today after my AM workout. I've lost 23 lbs to date with another 50 to go. My closet is feeling the changes (I've donated more clothes the past month as I would annually) but when I look in the mirror, I don't see a real change. Even though the people I do life with see it and are super supportive, I'm pushing until *I* see it.

I've never done this before...so please be kind but honest. I can take it.

1yrlater.jpg
  • Wuisyb
    Wuisyb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kim, you look marvelous!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Very impressive!
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    These pictures look like two different people, and I guess they are. Both of them may have wanted to be a certain size in their head, but only one made the commitment to make the change. The most noticeable difference is in the face. Now go find someone you haven't seen in year, wear something pretty, and watch their jaw drop! Nice work.

This made my day. THANKS!
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    No need to be anything else but kind! You look great, and your progress is amazing! Keep pushing yourself in the direction you're going, you'll get there!!! =)
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    You look amazing, well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!