FOODS TO STOP EATING NOW TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Fried foods <----true but if it fits your macros then why not?
    Hamburgers & French fries <---I eat hamburgers and if i'm in a deficit I lose weight.
    Table sugar <---true but if it fits your macros then why not if you like it.
    Plain Jam <----if it fits your macros then why not if you like it?
    salted nuts <---ate nuts like this every day. Sodium wont stop you from losing weight.
    smoked nuts <----nothing wrong with smoked nuts.
    refried beans <
    heavy carbs can still fit in your macros.
    Baked Beans <
    if it fits your macros then why not if you like them.
    Chocolate Fudge <
    if it fits your macros then why not?
    Candy <
    if it fits your macros then why not?Toffee
    Gums <----I chew gum every day and still lose weight.
    Boiled sweets <----WTF is a boiled sweet? Anyway if it fits your macros then why not....
    Mint Sweets <---better than big sweets in some instances but if it fits your macros then why not?
    Liquorice <----In women this is actually great to have as a dietary supplement. IIFYM then why not?
    Honey - Honey has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar. <---some people prefer honey and IIFYM then why not?

Soft drinks <
    If it fits your macros then why not?
    Tinned fruits <----unsweetened or sweetened IIFYM then why not?
    Chutney <----I ate all sorts of indian food including chutney and lost weight. IIFYM then why not?
    Pickle <---Really? At <3cals? Really?
    bacon <----Bacon fits into rest day macros easily.
    sausage <----I ate sausage almost every day and lost weight as long as I was ata a deficit.
    cured meats <---some of the best protein is from cured meats. Never avoid this. Easy to bag and go!
    ham <----ham is a fatty meat so should be eaten on rest days. Or IIFYM eat it!
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye <----Bull****. Again the fat isnt bad and helps with testosterone uptake.
    Puddings <
    really? Even the 100cal ones? Bull****.
    Corn syrup <
    this is true.
    Fruit juice - It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit. <----but if it fits your macros than drink it.
    Cake <---IIFYM eat it.
    Bread made with white flour <
    wheat is preferred but IIFYM then eat it.
    Soda pop, such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. <----IIFYM drink it.
    All baked goods made with white flour <---wheat is preferred but again IIFYM eat it.
    Coffee <---coffee has been proven to be one of the best and cheapest supplements on the market. So many studies that I couldnt even begin to print them all. This was the biggest BS i've read on this article so far.

Biscuits <----IIFYM eat it.
    Fast foods <---Fast food fits into my cutting calories daily.
    Pasta made with white flour <----wheat or rice preferred but IIFYM eat it.
    Canned fruits w/added sugar <see canned fruits above.
    Most packaged cereals <---I ate 2cups cereal every night in bed and lost weight.
    Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73% <----BS it actually causes the body to only focus on getting rid of the alcohol. Drinking on an empty stomach thern waiting for the alcohol to be expelled will have zero effect on metabolism or nutrient uptake within a 24 hour period. This is BS.

Potato chips <---nothing wrong with these as long as the fit your macros.
    Popcorn <----some of the best carb sources and filling. I suggest popcorn to those who are having trouble making macro goals.
    Cookies <---nothing worng with cookies as long as they fit your macros.
    Ice cream <---I ate ice cream on a daily basis and lost weight. IIFYM eat it.
    Cakes <---IIFYM eat it.
    Pies <---IIFYM eat it.
    All deserts <---all bull****.
    Artificial sweeteners <----IIFYM eat it. I like splenda and i'm losing weight.
    Most bottled green teas have more ingredients in it to help you gain weight than the actual green tea itself to help you lose weight. <----but IIFYM drink it.

Fear mongering is one of the best tools for creating misconception about food.
    If you like a certain type of food and you want to lose weight, all you need to know is "Do you have room in your macros to eat it?"
    Do you know your TDEE?
    This article would have been good if it stated that all the foods are fine to eat in moderation.
    If it had some type of science behind it to back it up.
    Coffee causes stress?
    WTF?!
    Any type of stimulant causes stress.
    Green tea is a stimulant BTW!

What a bunch of garbage.

No wonder we have girls on here afraid to eat above 1200 cals and who sit in the corner crying because they had 1 cookie.

To summarize:

If the food you like fits your macros then eat it.
    You will lose weight as long as you are at a deficit.
    Period.

Rant done.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ABSURD!
    Here's the deal.
    For mere weight loss, eat whatever but create a deficit.
    For optimal health, clean eating is best.
    And that's lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Simple.
    I eat clean 75% of the time. That's as good as it gets.
    Life is to be lived :drinker:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you like a certain type of food and you want to lose weight, all you need to know is "Do you have room in your macros to eat it?"

What a bunch of garbage.

To summarize:

^^this
    Great comments on the foods listed, but taking off the quote as was long and keeping the main message.
  • alanabeehave
    Options
    I cringe at the thought of not being able to eat the foods I enjoy, restriction leads to more problems than a lil fat around your belly
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Huh, you've just gone and posted a number of posts with links to different articles to some website *cough*yours*cough*

Funny that!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    ABSURD!
    Here's the deal.
    For mere weight loss, eat whatever but create a deficit.
    For optimal health, clean eating is best.
    And that's lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Simple.
    I eat clean 75% of the time. That's as good as it gets.
    Life is to be lived :drinker:

Took the words right out of my mouth :D
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    When deciding to eliminate any food from your eating plan, ask yourself "can I stick to this the rest of my life?" The reason why so many people lose weight, gain it back and end up right back where they started is that they restrict this, that and the other from their eating to lose the weight but you can't honestly stay away from potato chips forever, can u? I rarely eat chips, maybe 10 potato chips every 3 months at most, and although I tend to eat REAL food and am staying away from processed food, there is that exception of a couple of Chips Ahoy cookies every week lol.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Huh. The scale, my clothes sizes and the mirror must all be defective. Sad.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hamburgers & French fries <---I eat hamburgers and if i'm in a deficit I lose weight.
    salted nuts <---ate nuts like this every day. Sodium wont stop you from losing weight.
    refried beans <
    Baked Beans <
    Chocolate Fudge <
    Candy <
    Boiled sweets <----WTF is a boiled sweet? Anyway if it fits your macros then why not....
    Mint Sweets <---better than big sweets in some instances but if it fits your macros then why not?
    Liquorice <----In women this is actually great to have as a dietary supplement. IIFYM then why not?
    Honey - Honey has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar. <---some people prefer honey and IIFYM then why not?

Soft drinks <
    Chutney <----I ate all sorts of indian food including chutney and lost weight. IIFYM then why not?
    sausage <----I ate sausage almost every day and lost weight as long as I was ata a deficit.
    cured meats <---some of the best protein is from cured meats. Never avoid this. Easy to bag and go!
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye <----Bull****. Again the fat isnt bad and helps with testosterone uptake.
    Puddings <
    Corn syrup <
    this is true.
    Fruit juice - It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit. <----but if it fits your macros than drink it.
    Cake <---IIFYM eat it.
    All baked goods made with white flour <---wheat is preferred but again IIFYM eat it.
    Coffee <---coffee has been proven to be one of the best and cheapest supplements on the market. So many studies that I couldnt even begin to print them all. This was the biggest BS i've read on this article so far.

Most packaged cereals <---I ate 2cups cereal every night in bed and lost weight.
    Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73% <----BS it actually causes the body to only focus on getting rid of the alcohol. Drinking on an empty stomach thern waiting for the alcohol to be expelled will have zero effect on metabolism or nutrient uptake within a 24 hour period. This is BS.

Popcorn <----some of the best carb sources and filling. I suggest popcorn to those who are having trouble making macro goals.
    Cakes <---IIFYM eat it.
    Pies <---IIFYM eat it.
    Most bottled green teas have more ingredients in it to help you gain weight than the actual green tea itself to help you lose weight. <----but IIFYM drink it.

Do you know your TDEE?
    This article would have been good if it stated that all the foods are fine to eat in moderation.
    Coffee causes stress?
    WTF?!

What a bunch of garbage.

No wonder we have girls on here afraid to eat above 1200 cals and who sit in the corner crying because they had 1 cookie.

To summarize:

Period.

Rant done.

Dan, leave your wife and marry me now.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    refried beans <
    Baked Beans <
    Chocolate Fudge <
    Candy <

Soft drinks <
    Puddings <
    Corn syrup <
    this is true.
    Cake <---IIFYM eat it.

Cakes <---IIFYM eat it.
    Pies <---IIFYM eat it.

Do you know your TDEE?
    Coffee causes stress?
    WTF?!

What a bunch of garbage.

To summarize:

Period.

Rant done.

Thanks Dan for listing all of them with the reasoning behind why or why not for each!! So much easier than having to go to the site for me....Your words are RIGHT ON THE MONEY as always!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have eaten most of the foods on this list. I have not only lost weight while eating them, I have also maintained my weight loss while eating them. It's not all about restriction. Just eat smart.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Pfffftttt. Silliness.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my daily calories/carbs/proteins/fats, etc, then I eat it. I drink coffee because of all the studies done to prove the health benefits of it. Restricting myself has lead to my diet failures in the past and the numerous times that I have yo-yo'd on the scales. No freakin' way am I going down that road again! I'll save this article just to remind myself that some people have nothing better to do than to try to cause eating disorders in others.
  • juliemarie911
    Options
    ok sorry i pissed you all off i wont make anymore posts
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The problem is that if you start treating the way you eat as a diet and not an understanding of how much you should eat, then you will have those depression moments. There is nothing wrong with eating what you want as long as it fits in the plan you are trying to stay within. Now, of course there will always be foods that a re a better choice for many other reasons but if dieting worked, we would not be a country on the higher end of the weight scale.

Make a plan
    Eat your food
    Stay at or under plan
    Lose Weight
    Ok, exercise helps also

Simple enough. The great thing is that each day you get to make a choice as to whether or not you are going to eat well. Once I started looking at the way I eat as a way of life, I feel better, the weight is slowing coming off which is how you want for the long haul.

Stay positive and stop reading all those gimics and what you cannot do to enjoy life. You want a lifestyle change not a diet.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    wow.
    tha's just absurd.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I refuse not to eat foods I love..
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    ok sorry i pissed you all off i wont make anymore posts

Yay I like you now.
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    To summarize:

Period.

Rant done.

Hellolitsdan you are my hero of the day for your response! :flowerforyou:

I totally agree. Some things in that list are obviously bad for you like processed foods, sugars, fats, high sodium etc. BUT! They are all fine in moderation! Your spot on...if it fits your daily allowances then...EAT IT!
    Yes, I can eat one chocolate chip cookie or eat a piece of meat with a side dish and its the same cal/fat/carbs but if I want to starve all day to enjoy that one cookie it's my choice! Alabeit not a smart one, but....

A diet that consisted of none of the "Do NOT Eat List" of foods in that article would be impossible to maintain. You'd only be drinking water and green tea, fresh fruit, and maybe a slice of (whole) wheat bread. Shoot me first.:grumble:
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    refried beans <
    Baked Beans <
    Chocolate Fudge <
    Candy <

Soft drinks <
    Puddings <
    Corn syrup <
    this is true.
    Cake <---IIFYM eat it.

Cakes <---IIFYM eat it.
    Pies <---IIFYM eat it.

Do you know your TDEE?
    Coffee causes stress?
    WTF?!

What a bunch of garbage.

To summarize:

Period.

Rant done.

This is true, I am guilty of believing some of this crap too, feeling terrible after eating a cookie or some iceccream coz people think we should all be eating clean all the time, some just cant do that, cant aford that etc. I dont see that eating a little something of what you like will harm you, all in moderation.People on here actually make people like me feel crap about the choice I make, I think i eat well, Im healthy and intend to stay that way, but im not going to go to extremes and never eat chocolate etc again.
This discussion has been closed.