FOODS TO STOP EATING NOW TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What is this crap?

So I should just go find myself some cardboard and ice to snack on?
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    No thanks!
  • juliemarie911
    Options
    wow, most of you responders are seriously rude! you can respectfully disagree without sounding like jerks. i can't believe how hateful some of your posts have been. you should be ashamed to act with such immaturity.

rant done.

thanks! yeah i wish i could just delete this entire post cause people are getting angry and saying not nice things. if i knew it was going to upset people i would not have posted it.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I need my peanuts for potassium as soon as I finish induction, and you can't have my coffee. The rest you can keep. Unless I find nitrate free bacon.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    There are certain foods that I DO NOT have in my house anymore, and guess what? EVERYONE IN MY HOUSE LOST WEIGHT EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE ONLY ONE TRYING. :happy: There are some foods that we (my family) overeats. Period. I cannot have a bag of chips, pirates booty, cheese curls, etc. in my house or I will recreationally eat, my kids overeat ice cream, my husband will overeat cheese, and we now only eat those things occassionally - out fo the house. If you adopt good habits, that becomes your norm. There isn't anything wrong with striving for that. My husband hasn't had fast food in over 2 years and he is so proud of himself because HE FELT LIKE CRAP WHEN HE ATE IT. :huh: If you want to be healthy, eat healthy things. That's all. I do not put sugar in my coffee anymore, or in my oatmeal and I do not miss it because I am used to it now. We eat mostly lean meat, yogurt, and cottage cheese, fruit and vegetables, and my kids still eat rice, cereal, and pasta, but I eat sweet potato and spaghetti squash and zucchini instead. I am getting older and I would like to be around and healthy for a while. There is nothing wrong with an article that recommends eliminating unhealthy things from your diet. It is all a personal preference, and I do believe that you can make changes and stick to them on a most of the time basis, and no, I do not cry in a corner when I indulge in chips and ice cream cake at parties or cookouts, :sad: they are just not my norm anymore. Peace people. :glasses: Just because some people believe it is best for them and want to share, that doesn't mean you have to feel mad or :grumble: about your personal preferences.:flowerforyou:
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What is this crap?

Make sure it's organic cardboard.
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    Oh wait, you can't have my ribeye or other fatty cuts, either. Rabbit starvation doesn't sound fun!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Oh damn! I'm not sure how i will ever lose weight. Clearly i have no idea what i'm doing.
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    What is this crap?

:laugh:
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Isn't the key to this healthy life style "Everything in moderation"? I'm not going to tell myself, I can never have a hamburger again or some type of fast food, because I know sometimes it will be ok but as a rare treat for me.
  • laprobertson
    Options
    Let's respectfully disagree.
  • m1ndym
    m1ndym Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is this crap?

LOVE the "organic cardboard" recommendation! It just highlights how silly overboard we can get. :tongue:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Well crap, I have been doing this all wrong for the last 3 years.... Now I have to start all over!!! Grr!!! LOL Eat Clean the majority of the time, fit in those foods that you like from time to time, and get your butt up and get moving.... It isn't rocket science, just takes alittle hard work and dedication..... Go get you some!!! :drinker:
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Moderation, plain and simple!
  • TISH27kidneytransplant
    Options
    Some of you are being asshairs on here! there is no reason for it. What you need to do about this post is simple. Don't read, move on and get over the fact that you don't like. It's not like the OP is forcing you to read it!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Agree with the IIFYM guy. Just because you cut out certain foods does not mean you'll lose weight. You could eat too much "good" foods and not lose weight as well. If it fits in your calories and makes losing weight more bearable for you then go for it. Just eat more good foods to make sure your getting your nutrients but eating a little of foods that are considered bad won't hinder weightloss if your calories are right. I know one guy who eats oreos in the morning and it has helped his weightloss because he gets his sweet cravings out of the way and can focus on healthy food the rest of the day. I used to do close to the same thing with breakfast pastries when I lost all my weight a couple years ago. I'd have what I want once a day and focus on good foods the rest of the day. Most of the time I ate clean and then had what I wanted for dinner. It worked because it all still came down to calories.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If I can't fit some of the things I love into my diet then I will never last and I might as well throw in the towel now. I have eaten the majority of these NO NO's and still lost weight, so there!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Some of you are being asshairs on here! there is no reason for it. What you need to do about this post is simple. Don't read, move on and get over the fact that you don't like. It's not like the OP is forcing you to read it!

Except that letting people post things as "truths" that are simply not can be dangerous. It is so much better to have people break these sorts of things down to show just how wrong they are. It would be bad of us as a community to allow such unbacked falsehoods to spread.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i feel ganged up on :(
    maybe i should have made it say "foods to try to stay away from"
    i hardly eat any of that stuff anyway.. but i do sometimes if theres nothing else at a party or if i have a craving and just make up for it later w/ exercise or something
    for the most part i try to stay healthy as possible. theres other foods you can eat instead of those that are good for you and taste just as good....... but again im sorry!!! im not starting posts anymore lol

Totally fine post for the people who have a hard time controlling there caloric intake via calorie dense foods. That is usually the quest for most people controlling there calories, to find delicious yummy foods low in calories so you can eat alot of it and feel satiated.

ex. McDonalds 1/4 lbr 520 kcal
    Homemade 80/20 1/4 lbr 320 kcal
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Honey is AWFUL if you want to be thin. Look at Bruce Lee. He ate tons of honey and was quite fat.
This discussion has been closed.