Dr Oz love him or hate him?

Options
ronaldmcyd
ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member
I was unemployed for 6 months and I caught Dr Oz every day and things were good:love: . But then that thing happened with the apple juice:explode: . He's been labeled an alamest:noway: and extremeist.:cry: People are saying hes gone hollywood:glasses: ....

Replies

• ronaldmcyd
    Options
    do you love him or hate him?
  • shannon0401
    Options
    I think at one point, when his show first began, he may have been credible. However, I believe that now his show has turned "gimicky" and can even offer unhealthy advice ie exercising first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Apple juice?

never mind I don't want to know.

I don't hate him because I don't know him.

I don't trust anything he says on TV and if his name is associated with anything I stay away from it.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I still watch, only because there is nothing on TV.
    Now he tends to contradict himself.

I thank him for introducing me to Zumba though.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i enjoy him, i guess i'd say. He's entertaining, but i don't believe about half of what he says.
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a D-bag
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I thought he was very interesting when he was with Oprah, and liked him in an interview with Piers Morgan he did not long ago.
    His tv show, on the other hand, made me lose all respect for him. I can't even stand watching the commercials for it, because every day he promises to give secrets for this or that (always related to weightloss). Such a shame!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I dont trust a man who is relying on ratings to keep him in the lifestyle that he has become accustomed to.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I liked Dr Oz until I noticed he became a pill pusher! If I was to take all the pills he pushes for this and for that how would that work? :huh:

Everyday is atleast 3 Huge buttles of pills. What's with all the pills?
  • ronaldmcyd
    Options
    bad advice:sick:
    contradictions:mad:
    pill pusher:devil:

he would never say it ain't so...
    :brokenheart:

yeah thats what I figured

but at least it's still entertaining :wink:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    He does more harm than good, IMO. He spreads crap and non-truths about nutrition and has a huge following. I am not a fan.
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Neither really!! But my husband pointed out the other day that Dr. Oz was contradicting himself. We were watching a show where he was recommending healthy snacks for a few people he had pulled out of the audience. One of the snacks contained low fat peanut butter. Just the day before he had stated that lowfat peanut butter was just as bad or worse for you then regular peanut butter. So which one is it??? Lol...

And his constant promotion of "new super foods", supplements, and weight loss tips is starting to get a little over the tip. I mean a person would go bats**t crazy trying to do them all. It's starting to sound like he is feeding into the "give me a quick fix/wonder pill" masses in our society. Hard work and diligence will get you farther then running around like a chicken with its head cutt off, trying the latest fads!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i've never seen his show but he sounds like an idiot.
  • ronaldmcyd
    Options
    He does more harm than good, IMO. He spreads crap and non-truths about nutrition and has a huge following. I am not a fan.

yeah the guy is a surgeon, not a nutritionist right? what does he know about fixing the body with out a knife anyway :wink:
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I dont mind him, but find all those fancy demos he does pointless......

I remember watching one where he was pouring boiling water into fine crystal and the glasses broke, trying to demonstrate what happens when you have heartburn or something, and all I could think was:

Um, no, you just demonstrated what happens when you pour boiling water into fine crystal glass :huh:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    When Oz was doing his own research and talking about things HE actually knew about...he was ok. Since his "team" took over the research and he got some big advertising backers, he has lost credibility. Now they just put words up on the tele prompter and he reads them. They take little things and blow them all out of proportion, contradict other shows, and in my opinion make sales pitches for "snake oil". They don't "get into" subjects, they just kind of gloss over and rush thru them and offer a pill/powder/drop for a solution. Amazingly enough 99% of the pills/powders/drops can be found at your local Walgreens... All the recipes used can be found on the Weight Watchers web site....if you are paying for the service. In my opinion he has sold out.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Broscience. Broscience everywhere.

he is (almost) as bad as Yahoo Health
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Can't stand him, personally.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I don't hate him. I think he's another manufactured celebrity like Dr. Phil and the Jersey Shore cast.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    There is some value in his advice, but I never get the impression he is speaking from the heart like Jack Lalanne did for 60 years.
    The passion is not there - too programmed - too careful in his topics and presentation. Too polished.