jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    The man is a crony. No thanks.
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So many pills and supplements O_O
    He annoys me.
    And when he has hungry girl on there.. don't even get me started about her. No wonder she's hungry.
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    Broscience. Broscience everywhere.

This. Hate is a strong word, but there's a special place in hell for people who lie about health and nutrition to idiots.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    he's a *kitten* available to anyone willing to pay him
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Walking, talking infomercial.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    i've never seen his show but he sounds like an idiot.
    your damn lucky then, the guy is an idiot.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't like how all of his healthy eating seems just to be diet gimmicks and quick tips that aren't healthy life choices
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I've only seen a few shows and was quite astounded by all the pills he pushed. I thought some of his info seemed credible.. I'd read it before on reliable medicine websites like webMD.... But other than a snippet of fact or two, he's like the ultimate fad diet.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love how he explains things and the visuals he uses. He is Hollywood though. I would like to know where he finds the time to be a brilliant surgeon.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Use to be a fan.

He will say do things like say one thing is healthy on one show, and then the next show he'll say it's unhealthy.... And he recommends pills and too many supplements I think. I only take One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin.

And what he claims as healthy actually isn't, I noticed. And he likes to say things like, "blast belly fat with this super food!" or, "This meal or dessert is Designed to help reduce belly fat!" just because if has one ingredient that does help with fat, but you can't spit reduce fat. Especially if you're combining only one food item to a dessert that helps, to a sugary dessert. You need to workout and eat right.

I say if you want something sweet that's not healthy, have a bit. And don't call it cheating on your diet... I hate when people call it a cheat snack or a cheat meal. It makes it sound like you failed and gave up. Just eat that piece of cake and own up to what you just did. It's meant to be enjoyed, it's not meant to make you feel like you did something wrong. It's called a treat for a reason. You gotta live, still! Have fun and enjoy ALL the foods and drinks you love, just use moderation.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'll say one more thing though. He's a whole lot better than that Hungry Girl chickadee. She's all calories, calories, calories, lowfat, lowfat, lowfat! Don't eat this, don't eat that. Don't EVER order this at a restaurant. At least, Dr. Oz (contradicting or not over the next few days) is not calorie obsessed. He'll try to convey some sense of actual nutrition.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    A long long long time ago, before he was on Oprah, when I was a teenager, I watched the PBS shows with the man that is now one of his science advisers and I liked what he had to say. So, when doctor OZ came onto the scene, I checked it out. Once in a great while he says some tiny tidbit that is true, but the vast majority of what he says is annoying, gimmick, gadget/supplement pushing, contradictory, nonsense. He is not trying to educate the public about health. He seems to like having an audience of people that are ignorant and will believe whatever he says in that moment (even though he contradicts himself from show to show and even within the same show). He gives the people what they want to hear (or what he thinks they want to hear). I don't dislike the guy as a person, but I don't like his show or what he stands for. Whatever tidbits of true info he offers can be found elsewhere and I won't even watch Dr. Roizen anymore. But, sometimes he has exercise people on the show and I am ok about trying their moves. And if I come across a recipe on his show, I'll try it if I like it.
  • barbielovesgym
    Options
    Walking, talking infomercial.

Exactly!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Not sure about Dr. Oz, or most other doctors on TV. Best to check what you hear with your own doc, just to be safe.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    I'll say one more thing though. He's a whole lot better than that Hungry Girl chickadee. She's all calories, calories, calories, lowfat, lowfat, lowfat! Don't eat this, don't eat that. Don't EVER order this at a restaurant. At least, Dr. Oz (contradicting or not over the next few days) is not calorie obsessed. He'll try to convey some sense of actual nutrition.

i can't stand her either!
  • Reziel
    Reziel Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't watch his show a lot but I thank him for introducing me to Citrimax and Zumba too. But that's just me!
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't hate him. But I put as much merit in what he is pushing as I do all the magazine cover weight loss gimmicks.
  • SisiL78
    SisiL78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost any faith in Oprah or her guests toward the end of her run. After her last couple of weight losses she got all preachy and condescending. And her support of Jenny McCarthy and anti-vaxxers was not cool. I have heard a few useful things from Dr. Oz on podcasts but overall I find him to be a d-bag.

As for exercising first thing on an empty stomach I have to say that I do that and it works for me energy wise. I didn't do it because of Dr. Oz though. I take synthroid in the morning and cannot eat anything (or not much) after taking it. I'll uusually drink a lot of water or iced tea and maybe consume a few bites of fruit and then work out. A doctor of mine told me that it might work for me because of my blood sugar issues, working out in the late afternoon or evening leaves me totally spent, I often cannot complete 20 minutes of elliptical after I've eaten but can easily do 30-60 minutes plus weights of elliptical and treadmill before I've eaten... To each his own.

All in all I find advice to "everyone" useless, we are all individuals with individual needs. Get advice from your doctor not some hollywood d-list celebrity doctor!!!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    no idea who he is....
  • SisiL78
    SisiL78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

i can't stand her either!

No kidding. And her fetish for those mini babybel cheeses is ridiculous!!! She puts them on everything. I once asked her if she had a sponsorship deal with them and my post got removed!