Veggie burgers?

Options
124»

Replies

• vanillabear12
    vanillabear12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I looove veggie burgers! I buy Boca burgers and top them with cheese, onions, and ketchup, and they taste just like real cheeseburgers :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I just read several articles on-line about the dangers of unfermented soy in the diet. I think I'm going to stay away from it. I'm not really sure if all the veggie burger products are soy-based or not.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love them! I usually get morningstar or boca burgers. It sounds weird but I eat them in a bun with salsa and lettuce.... so good!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I love Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime! They are my favorite. Quorn makes some good ones too...classic and cheeseburger varieties.

I agree on both of these! I haven't had the Quorn burgers, but they have chicken cutlets that were good! Quorn is a bit more expensive, though. Also, Boca spicy chicken patties are good.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have never had a veggie burger before. Any good? Preferences on what brand?

Good choice! There are some really tasty ones out there...I am in a tiny town and I can't get them anymore....but it's a great way to blot out a lot of calories, and cut down on meat. Also, look out for the veggie dogs too.

Morning Star has some kick @ss veggie corn dogs.
  • bethc370
    bethc370 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I vote for Bocca or Gardenbuger brands. They Both have great texture and different favors. I'm a carnivore at heart, but I find that I prefer a good garden burger to a hamburger any day!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My partner eats Boca Burgers (insists that they taste the best), Quorn imitation chicken products, and Yves veggie dogs and lunch meat. Very particular. I can't eat any of that because it contains gluten. I like making my own burgers with black beans and quinoa, delicious.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My favorite one I've ever had is Gardenburger California burger but I've had a really hard time finding them lately. :( I've made my own before and really should start doing it more often. I'd like to find a variety/recipe I can make that my daughter would like she refuses most meat.
    I made some gluten free, quinoa and mushroom burgers. Definitely hearty and delicious

I so wanna try this one.
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Boca or Morning Star veggie burgers are good. On a grill or a grill pan with some herbs...very good.
    Also Boca crumbles sauteed with taco seasoning, black beans, and salsa in a wrap with guacamole and some shredded cheese...very good.
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love the Morningstar range of buyers - the vegetable, mushroom and spicy black bean varieties are my favorites. Tasty and super convenient - 3 minutes or less in the microwave.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    If you into a more "veggie" veggie burger, Trader Joe's Masala veggie burgers are so delicious and exotic!

These are the bomb too...love them!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I make my own. There is way too much sodium in the premade ones. Also, they are overpriced at $3-$4 per box.

agreed. i make a modified version of martha stewart's black bean burgers, but i just saw a recipe for sweet potato / jalapeno burgers that look AMAZING.

http://plantbasedonabudget.com/recipe/sweet-potato-and-jalapeno-burger/
  • KelIreland
    Options
    Pretty easy to make yourself as well! Black beans, corn, rolled oats and a jalapeno! YUM!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Morning Star "Garden" are good. Boca Burgers are a little less calories, but I think the MS ones taste better