How many calories are you eating?

Options

Replies

• Bexyf
    Bexyf Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2.5- 5ft 3 and i eat between 1,200 - 1,300 per day... in my opinion anything under 1000 every day is just stupid and unhealthy! I understand some people are under medical supervision doing that but most are not :/ x
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Is this thread for people wanting to starve themselves or something? o_o
    I eat around 1500.
    Oh and I'm 5'6 ?

That was my thought (though it's also my thought that you should be eating more too!)

I'm 5'2 just about and right now eating about 1600. But I'm slowly upping that number. I used to be the under 1200 calorie girl, but then I realized how wrong that is!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and eat about 2000 on weekdays and 2500ish on weekends but I also exercise to get my numbers up that high since I sit on my butt all day at work and would do the same at home if I *weren't* exercising.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'', 27 years old, and on Weight Watchers.... I eat anywhere from 1400-3000 calories per day, depending on how many Points I ate. This probably doesn't help you...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    5'6", 26, starting weight 205 and eating around 1280-1400 depending on if i eat my exercise cals back that day or not, usually i try not to.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    MFP has me at 1200, but i recently upped my settings to 1500.
    I haven't been very successful at 1200, so we'll see how i do with the increase - especially since i'm starting to increase my activity levels
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    haha people are way too excited about eating under 1000 calories... i know I SURE wouldnt be excited about ruining my body and slowing my metabolism down... i mean that in the nicest way...

oh, 5'4 1450-1800 cals
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    For those who are netting well below your BMR, get a DEXA scan done now and then two months later while restricting calories to such a degree. Come back and let us know the ratio of lean muscle mass loss vs fat mass for both assessments.

To maintain: 2800 (lift heavy 5 days x 25 minutes/treadmill 5 days x 10 minutes at 4.0 incline/3.5 speed)
    To lean down: 2250 to 2350 (lift heavy 5 days x 25 minutes/treadmill 6 days x 50 minutes at 4.0 incline/3.5 speed)
    To bulk up: 3360 to 3600 (lift heavy 5 days x 35 minutes/treadmill 3 days x 10 minutes at 4.0 incline/3.5 speed)
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    For those who are netting well below your BMR, get a DEXA scan done now and then two months later while restricting calories to such a degree. Come back and let us know the ratio of lean muscle mass loss vs fat mass for both assessments.

exactly.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and am averaging about 1600 calories a day.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    5'1", and I eat between 1680 and around 2000, depending on exercise (I always try to eat at least some of my exercise calories back).

I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to aim for under 1200, as I'm pretty sure that's not healthy, unless it's been recommended to you by a doctor.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    about 250-500 a day right now (all alcohol). Through heartache and stress, not a diet choice. Not helpful I know :(
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    6'5'' - Between 2000 and 3000 depending on exercise. MFP set to lose 1lb/week
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to aim for under 1200, as I'm pretty sure that's not healthy, unless it's been recommended to you by a doctor.

I used to be one of them, but now I really can't imagine it anymore! I am on the Insanity program and I started em2wl 2-3 weeks before that, and I'm glad I did, I need the fuel! Haven't gained an inch and eating 13-1500 calories a day depending on exercise at 5'2 :)

Eating at/under 1200 is not only very unhealthy and destructive for your metabolism, but when I think back about the trouble I had to go through to almost not eat anything all day when I knew I had to be going out for dinner, and stressing about it for days, it's really not worth it. LIFE IS TOO SHORT :c
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm on EM2WL. Im 24 and 5'2 and I eat about 1900 everyday and have been losing well.
  • dizy31
    dizy31 Posts: 9
    Options
    I stay at or under 1400. MFP suggests its best. But I see it this way. Everyone gains, loses and adjusts differently. If 1000 cal a day works for you then great, just keep eating that 1000. If 800 works then fine, just don't go less. Some days I need that full 1400 cause I have been working out hard. Somedays are to busy to work out hard so I eat less. So as some have said, it depends on your work out schedule and what your body needs.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

I used to be one of them, but now I really can't imagine it anymore! I am on the Insanity program and I started em2wl 2-3 weeks before that, and I'm glad I did, I need the fuel! Haven't gained an inch and eating 13-1500 calories a day depending on exercise at 5'2 :)

Eating at/under 1200 is not only very unhealthy and destructive for your metabolism, but when I think back about the trouble I had to go through to almost not eat anything all day when I knew I had to be going out for dinner, and stressing about it for days, it's really not worth it. LIFE IS TOO SHORT :c

I can't even imagine the level of b*tchiness that would exude from me if I ever tried to eat under 1200!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    1000 is too low, your body will go into starvation mode and then you may not lose.

Right. And if you fast and stop eating then your body will totally shut down and you won't burn any calories at all. :noway:

The truth is for most women 1200 - 1500 is a good range but smaller women with low activity levels can pull this off. I would question how healthy it is if it's done long term.

Anyway, I'm 6'2" and have a goal of 2470 each day.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and I usually eat between 1500-2000, depending on my activity level during the day.
    I couldn't imagine eating under 1000...
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    5 even, 32, 103 and just under 2000 6 days a week and more on Sunday.

I workout so I can eat more otherwise I would be at 1600.