Phentermine 37.5

Options

Replies

• craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I took this drug 14 years ago and had to have open heart surgery last year to replace my mitral valve with a cow valve. There is NO quick fix to weight loss. Just eat right. And, by the way I gained all of the weight I lost. 80 lbs.
  • bjdowning
    Options
    I have been on pent ermine for 2 weeks today and I'm down 10 lbs so far. I was having trouble losing weight after a c-section and requested it from my doctor. It does give you a lot of energy and helps to reboot your metabolism. Hope this helps you.
  • 21infantry
    21infantry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First of all, this is a weight loss aid, second of all this pill is technically not speed its close to speed but not speed, third of all if you want to lump it into the speed category it would be the weakest form of speed you could find. There is just so much mis information about over the counter and precsription medicine on this site. Go look at the drug effects of Asprin and basically every other form of pills that the FDA regulates and there possible side effects, it would scare you just to take a aspirin. The fact of the matter for every 1000 people who take these medicines there is one or two who have complications to them.

For the People who have taken Phentermine lost weight and gained it back, guess what it is your fault not the pills. Let me guess you lost on the pill and did not learn a damn thing about keeping it off or good habits or fitness? Of course not your on this site because most likely you once again find yourself overweight because you are most likely undicsiplined and didnt participate in Physical training of some sort.
  • toridog4
    toridog4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In 2010 I lost 50 lbs in about 6 months on this. I did well to keep it off for a long time. It helped me to get the energy I needed to start healthy habits (drinking more water, decrease my food intake, EXERCISE...I went from no exercise to walking 3miles/3days a week). I did not have any bad side effects. In the year and a half after, I did well to keep it off, just played with about 15lbs (I'd gain thru the winter and loose when spring came and I could get out there and get walking). However, in the past 27 months, I've gained 30 lbs back. Had some bad personal things happen and a new job with decreased activity required during that time---changes that made me want to eat more and move less :( I've tried weight watchers, and it works but it's a SLOW GO. So, I am starting up again with this med on board as I continue weight watchers. So far, day 3 and I've exercised every day, and I'm seeing this initial water weight loss coming off and it feels good, and it motivates me. I'm a RN and I personally hate taking meds for anything, but I'm thankful this is out here because for me, it offered me the jumpstart I needed in developing good habits. If you use it as it is intended-short term and 37.5mg/day-I think is a great asset. Just my opinion. Now, having said that my father and sister both have tried it and were unsuccessful with it. I do know other people who took it and eventually, like me, gained it back over time. I don't know what their circumstances were, but I know I could and did keep it off until life threw it's curveballs at me. But that's my fault. My fault for giving in to cravings and hitting the drive thru's and eating candy bars daily. We all know less calories in and more calories burned = loss. This pill helps me get a jump start then I can do the rest. Good Luck to all on their weight loss/healthy living journey!
  • bigtymer513
    Options
    I started using phentermine on 4/29/14. It's now 5/31/14 and I have lost 6 pounds. I work out and changed my diet. My appetite is way down to the point where I have to force myself to eat enough to keep my metabolism going.
  • phenFatty
    phenFatty Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi all.....I've been reading all these posts for a couple weeks now and I've decided to give it another shot and try phentermine again. If you want to follow along on my journey, check out my blog. I'd love to hear your comments!
    phenFatty.blogspot.com
    Hope to hear from you and hope to hear about your journey as well.
  • TimElwis
    TimElwis Posts: 56
    Options
    I did hun and in all honestly I found it didn't really do much for me. It was like taking caffeine only with the effects of sweating, my heart hurting and the runs.

I changed supplements and decided my main issue was I was never full so I decided to look into things like Metamucil, then I found lura lean which is like meta muscil as it is also fibre. It' like this plant stuff in tablet form which expands with water and makes you think your really full. I actually liked this as I stopped eating as much though I found it worked too well and I couldn't even fishes small meals.I ended up changing it to only taking it 2 meals a day as I was eating way below my intake.

I think at the end of the day you should try to pin point what it is that you need help with and then go see a GP as they can lead you to a product that actually works as well as make sure you are safe and healthy while using it.

Edit to add I never ever bought the expensive stuff. I always bought the cheaper versions as if you read the bottles it's always the same ingredients only the pricy ones are a brand name.
  • kadesmommy2013
    Options
    My doctor just put me on Phentermine 37.5 tablets & I have been taking them for 3 days now, still no weight loss, but have had lots of Extra Emery, which is good I have a very active 6 month Old!! I have had the dry mouth & heart rate go up at times. I'm a stay at home mother so I don't get to the gym often so I've been just playing with my son, cleaning & drinking tons of water. Does anyone have any feedback to help with my weight loss? Also I've seen that most people that are on it has seen better results in their second month or third, but my doctor only gave me a 30 day supply, is that to see if it's working for me ? Thanks
  • kadesmommy2013
    Options
    Also, sometimes I feel light headed & dizzy is that common?? I don't feel Hungary all day until later at night & have to force myself to eat.
  • LynetteWho
    LynetteWho Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started this today. I am overweight, although I only have 20 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. I am on a diet and exercise plan, and have already lost 12 pounds, but have been stuck where I am for several months.

My doctor expressed concern about my weight (I have quite a bit of "belly fat"), and so I begged him for something to kick start my weight loss. I am using this in conjunction with a 5-day-a-week workout and also Weight Watchers. I am starting out with 1/2 pill per day for a few days, and am hoping the Phentermine will help me to lose this last 20 pounds. I plan to keep the weight off through the Weight Watchers plan. Once I reach my goal and maintain it for 6 weeks, I will be a WW lifetime member, which carries a powerful incentive to remain at a healthy weight.

My doctor is monitoring my heart through EKG, and I will be seeing him every 30 days until I reach my goal. I have high hopes this will be soon.
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chemical sh$t storm. That stuff is just another excuse to not lose weight the right way with healthy eating and exercise. Until you make up your mind that you can do it, then you are just wasting your time.
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    To the posters that say just eat right and exercise, sometimes it is not that simple for everyone. I have a serious addiction to food. The Phentermine helps curb those urges to just eat. Exercising is not a problem for me, but food is. I'm an taking this time while taking the pill to change my eating habits and adopt a routine that I can stick to. I'm not using it to just drop a bunch of weight then go back to the same thing I did before. I seriously could not have done it without the pill, because of how severe my food cravings were. I have noticed when I skip days it is starting to get easier to control my food myself. It is all in how you utilize the pill while taking it and taking advantage of that time frame to adopt new habits. I am still busting my *kitten* to exercise and lose weight, so at no time would I be ashamed to say I used the pill for assistance! It is not for everyone, so if it's not for you then move on to another thread and not put down the people who it works for.

UHHH here is a secret, most of us on here are addicted to food or we wouldn't be fat! That pill is hurting your heart and no matter what doc tells ya it's bad. You need to bust your *kitten* more and the fact you say you couldn't have done it without the pill, proves you don't want it bad enough. Sorry if this is harsh, but I have had people being harsh to me and it's called reality. Good luck and thrown that crap down the drain!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to read that things like "mild" palpitations, mental health issues, dizziness and potential kidney and heart failure don't scare people enough not to do this. The damage, as some posters have pointed out based on their own experience, can be long-term and you may never get your full health back. Yes, not every single person has adverse effects (at least not yet!) but many do. It is like playing russian roulette with your life.

Believe me I know that losing weight and keeping it off is challenging but the point is to happy and healthy, not slim but in poorer health.
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking it and yes you do have alot of energy and does suppress your appettite but there are alot of side effects. If you take it too long there is a chance of becoming addicted to it and it does damage to your heart and kidneys. It makes you jittery and easily irritated. People close to me tell me they dont like me when I am taking those pills because I become easily irritated, have mood swings. Yes, they have helped me lose weight but I think they key here is changing your Lifestyle into a healthy one!

Make sure you eat the right portion sizes and get the adequate amount of calories needed and make sure you do some sort of physical actitivity daily, even if its just walking for 30-60 minutes. I think the reason why people gain the weight back is because during the course of taking the pills they did not change their lifestyle.

hope this helps! Best of luck!!

I totally agree I couldn't take it because I noticed I was quick to get hot tempered and my moods were crazy. The best part about it was the fact I was not always eating :)
  • ongard2000
    ongard2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using the non-prescription for about 8 months and its doing wonders. I lost about 40 pounds and keep going. I would recommend you to try out the natural version that has a lot less size effects. I have been buying the natural version of phentermine from this site if anyone wants try it out.

http://dietdiscountstore.com/phentermine375.html
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,541 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using the non-prescription for about 8 months and its doing wonders. I lost about 40 pounds and keep going. I would recommend you to try out the natural version that has a lot less size effects. I have been buying the natural version of phentermine from this site if anyone wants try it out.

http://dietdiscountstore.com/phentermine375.html
    Phentermine is a drug. There is no "natural" version of it. Drugs are monitored and regulated by the FDA. If it's "natural", it wouldn't be deemed a drug, but a supplement which is then under the DSHEA and wouldn't need a prescription.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I took it for a few months and lost about 15-20 pounds a few years ago. Gave me a sense of euphoria, but it also caused me to have these nasty cystic-like acne on my chin. Never again. Not worth it.
  • izcookie60
    Options
    On August 7th I started on phentermine 1/2 tab 37.5 for 5 days prior to taking the full dose. I'm 62 years old and I haven't exercised since I started the med due to other minor issues. I've lost 10lb with little appetite. I drink 1/2 ounce of water for every pound that I tote around. I am presently not consuming enough calories so I intend to add a meal supplement. The only side effect I have experienced is dry mouth. I will resume exercising at least 3x a week within a few days. My daughter is getting married on Nov 1 and I've purchased a really sexy "Mother of the Bride" dress that I have to fit into. I've got 20lbs to go. Wish me luck. Then again I know luck has nothing to do with it so I'm getting on my grind.:blushing:
  • meghanlarsen33
    Options
    I am currently on Phentermine. It is great. I only take a half of a pill in the morning and another half in the early afternoon. It has cut my appetite dramatically. It is not meant for long-term use. I am working with a dietitian who checks my blood pressure, etc while I am on it. I highly recommend working with a doctor while using it. It sounds like your friend is either getting it online or getting it illegally. You have to be very careful with how much you take daily. It is just like when Phen-Phen was out. There were many people who dropped dead of a heart attack because they were taking many pills per day. It is working wonders for me. I am already down 10 pounds. I have been eating healthy for a very long time and logging everything I eat. I am just doing it for a short-time to get to my goal. People should not be taking the pill thinking that it is a miracle drug while they are still eating unhealthy. Working out and eating healthy should be a lifetime commitment and not a short term one. I would be worried as well as it seems she is extremely addicted.
  • tabbilynnsj
    tabbilynnsj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve gotta say there’s a lot of people complaining of gaining the weight back and it being a quick fix and that’s half true. It does help you lose weight fast but you need to use the time you have the medication to help teach yourself a better lifestyle i.e. working out and healthy eating habits.

I’ve lost 21 pounds in 18 days. I was working out for over 2 months and eating so freaking healthy beforehand and my weight didn’t change one bit! My thyroid sucks and this has helped me! Don’t knock someone because you’re like ooooh I’ve lost 40lbs let’s go out to eat and get pizza and burgers!

I order my groceries for pick up after making a whole weeks worth of meal plans. I have yogurt and string cheese for snacks and take daily vitamins. I also workout at least 30 mins a day. You’ve got to put in the work and not rely on the meds. When I’m done with this medication i will have lost the weight and be able to keep this off!

There are side effects but there’s side effects to everything like eating a burger everyday will make you heavy, clog your arteries and can lead to heart issues as well. I’m going to take my chances with the phen and not with a giant burger and fries!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!