Virtual Running Club

Options
doutri2
doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
Hello Fellow MFP'ers-

I need some accountability to get in some jogging this week. I want to try especially hard this week b/c the hot weather finally broke in the upper Midwest.

So, if you log any jogging or running miles this week please post here too. This way we can give each other pats on the back.
State how many minutes (or hours?) you ran for,
estimate your mileage and
post if you ran in the morning, afternoon or evening.

How does that sound?
Lori
Illinois

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's been so hot here I haven't gotten much running in! I went running after work today. Went about 3.65 miles tonight in about 48 minutes (yes I'm very slow). I'll run again Wednesday and then have a 5K on Saturday!
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    3.2 miles for 30 minutes, then the thunderstorms hit :(
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    This is for last week:

Tue- 3miles/30min/evening
    Wed- 3miles/28min/evening
    Sun- 4miles/41min/early morning

Good luck with all your running goals! :)
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Sure! I actually had the worst run I've ever had this evening. Normally I run in the morning on an empty stomach but I'm on vacation and decided to try running in the evening. The last thing I ate was a Luna bar about 2 hours before my run and my stomach was killing me! I definitely prefer running on a empty stomach. I also have a 5k this Saturday! Anyway...

2.5 miles for 24 minutes. I intended to do at least 3 miles, but my stomach wasn't having it.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I am super pumped for tomorrows run now. The weather here (IA) is finally decent again. I will log tomorrow:).
  • Missy1723
    Missy1723 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This will be great! I also need this because I am training for the chicago half marathon this September! I ran 3miles this afternoon. I kept an average pace of 10 min per mile (6mph). Omma_to_3, good luck this Saturday...you'll do great! :)

And good luck to everyone! Hooray for running
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ran this morning on the treadmill because it looked like rain. 5 miles in 48 minutes 53 seconds. I don't run every day (do it every other day). I'll try to remember to post.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not.
    I might not get much in just because the humidity index has been quite high lately making my runs feel like I'm carrying weights on my feet. But I'll keep y'all posted :)
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for starting this post! Yesterday I ran 4.5 miles in 52 minutes. I usually run in the morning because I live in Nebraska & the heat/humidity kills my distance & time! I run 3-4 times per week & will be running in the Color Run 5k this weekend. :smile:
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles every morning except Sundays, time varies as I mix up walking and jogging depending on how I'm feeling that day. Most days it's hot (I'm in Houston, TX), today it rained... I went out anyway, I'm not made of sugar.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    this evening i ran 5 miles on the treadmill. it took me 55 min.

i didn't drink enough water today cuz i was too busy and distracted at work, and that kinda worked against me.

http://www.dailymile.com/people/shmiracles/entries/16420408
  • doutri2
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for starting this post! Yesterday I ran 4.5 miles in 52 minutes. I usually run in the morning because I live in Nebraska & the heat/humidity kills my distance & time! I run 3-4 times per week & will be running in the Color Run 5k this weekend. :smile:
    [/quote

I heard about the Color Run 5K. My friend just did it in Kansas City. Good Luck. Looks like fun.]
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Thank you for starting the post. I "slog" about 10 miles a week. Its been so hot here I have trouble getting outside, so today I'm heading to the gym for a run on the treadmill. I'll keep you posted. Cheers!
  • doutri2
    Options
    I did it. I actually woke up (alarm needed) and went for a run. It was more like a jog and a bit of walking.

Unfortunately, I am not the runner I used to be. I took too much time off after foot surgery- for no good reason. Thanks for joining me on this week of kick starting my running again.

Have you ever heard the saying that "it only takes 3 weeks to train for a 5K race"? Well, that is my goal. I have a race coming up that means a lot to me and I couldn't run it last year. I need a lot more training if I am going to run the whole race.

It has been fun to read your entries.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    In the last 7days

Wednesday 11.5k(8miles) in 56minutes
    Friday 16k(10miles) in 1hour 30
    Monday around 5k in 60minutes

I use a site called Mapmyrun. Worth looking at, you can plan runs, times, etc
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    On Friday, I started training for my 2nd/3rd Half-Marathons later this year: October 7 and Thanksgiving Day. I'm running about 3-4 days a week, so I'll try to remember to post on here.

Friday, 6th: 3 miles, 33 minutes
    Saturday, 7th: 2.5 miles, 25 minutes

Tonight will be another 3 mile run.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I ran 3.5 miles this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day but I wii pound the pavement again on Thursday.
  • Missy1723
    Missy1723 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did it. I actually woke up (alarm needed) and went for a run. It was more like a jog and a bit of walking.

Unfortunately, I am not the runner I used to be. I took too much time off after foot surgery- for no good reason. Thanks for joining me on this week of kick starting my running again.

Have you ever heard the saying that "it only takes 3 weeks to train for a 5K race"? Well, that is my goal. I have a race coming up that means a lot to me and I couldn't run it last year. I need a lot more training if I am going to run the whole race.

It has been fun to read your entries.

Yay!! Good for you! Keep it up :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    "it only takes 3 weeks to train for a 5K race"?

That makes me sad. It took me about 15 weeks LOL.
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love this