Extremely obese to "average"? PICS PLEASE!

Options
Awake_Alive
Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
Just having one of those days where it seems like I am never going to get there, and could really use the motivation!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well what's average because I feel like when I'm there I'm still going to think I'm extremely obese, which is where I started and I'm technically still there.
  • Awake_Alive
    Options
    We are in the same boat!!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I didn't start out as extremely obese though I was obese before but I don't think my case will help. Anyway I can't remember the name of this guy but I saw his success story before wherein he lost 300+lbs. & from a morbidly obese 560lbs. he is now a muscular guy at 200+ lbs. You can search his story from here.

EDIT: I saw the link, here it is:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/626293-3-yr-anniversary-307-lbs-lost-picture-heavy
  • Awake_Alive
    Options
    Wow, thank you!!! He is amazing!!!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling well - although the pounds lost are mounting up and the pounds left to lose drop each week, I still feel as though the end of the tunnel isn't in sight some days.

All we can do is carry on.... don't give up..... and try hard to dispel the obese picture you have of yourself in your head... I find that's the hardest part of all sometimes!

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • michaelalalalala
    Options
    Well what's average because I feel like when I'm there I'm still going to think I'm extremely obese, which is where I started and I'm technically still there.

You have no idea how much I relate to this! When I weighed my goal weight, I still thought I was huge and needed to lose more.. Now I look back on pictures and realise how little I was... I'm not too far off now, but I'm a little worried that once I get there I'll have the same frame of mind as before?!
  • FelizMi
    FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way at times. Like I've lost a lot, but it never seems to be enough. I wonder will I ever get rid of my huge gut, thunder thighs, and flabby arms. I have a cousin who started about the same size as me and she lost about 200lbs and she looks much older than she is and sickly... like a bag of bones literally, and I wonder if that's what I am going to look like thin, I'd rather stay plump! But, at the same token, I am exercising a lot where she did not, so I'm hoping that exercise will save me a bit. I don't know, it can be quite depressing sometimes, but I keep trying, I keep moving, I keep couting.... we just have to! Keep your head up, you are not alone!!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

I think we all go through this 'midweight crisis'. I know I'm there. I can't see how far I've come, just how far I still have to go.

I was looking at photos of myself crossing the line at a race on the weekend, thinking 'my god, what a bloater'. Which is kind of sad, really, considering how far I've come.

I find side by side photos help. Paste a current photo next to an old one. Also, try putting on some of your old clothes....
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

I think we all go through this 'midweight crisis'. I know I'm there. I can't see how far I've come, just how far I still have to go.

I was looking at photos of myself crossing the line at a race on the weekend, thinking 'my god, what a bloater'. Which is kind of sad, really, considering how far I've come.

I find side by side photos help. Paste a current photo next to an old one. Also, try putting on some of your old clothes....

The side by sides help tremendously. I finally started liking what I saw in everyday pictures after I looked at my progress pics side-by-side and could see how much of a difference I've already made. I couldn't see or feel it until then. I'm still not halfway there, but the confidence has shifted!
  • Awake_Alive
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thank you!!!!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    <-- I wouldn't say I'm to "average" yet, but I'm getting there.
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Awake_Alive,

I can certainly sympathize with your situation. I have not been on MFP very long but there is one thing; I have learned the month I have been on is that this world has far more caring and compassionate people than I thought. Please note: As we are in this journey to lose weight know that it is also a psychological battle as well. Think about it you have to first decide mentally that you want to lose weight and then proceed taking all of the required steps. This is a constant mental battle. Think of those who suffer from obesity and anorexia. Their battle is 98% mental. Even though they are currently big or small in their mind they are the opposite. So, it is absolutely pointless to try and save them by only making them eat or eat less. Their minds have to be reconditioned to accept the truth and desire change. So, even if you look in the mirror and see obese, there is a difference when you step on the scale you are lighter than what you were before. So, the conditioning of your mind should take place immediately by following these steps: Go look in the mirror and say I am not what I used to be and I promise myself that I am going to work harder to lose another pound next week.

So, I like to think of it as follows: As we are in this journey to lose weight we are also in the journey to recondition our mind. That means we have to constantly think positive even when our environment produce negative feedback. Example: My goal is to lose 2-3lbs a week. This is certainly doable; however, it doesn't mean that every week I lose accordingly. Sometimes; I may only lose 1lb and sometimes I may gain 1lb. This is the negative feedback, I was referring to earlier; instead of getting upset and giving up; I am learning to recondition my mind to push myself even harder next week to obtain the goal next week. Notice, I stated I am learning. It is so easy to get upset and fall back into eating the artery clogging foods; I used to but in the long run this is more harmful to my body. So, I'd rather continue moving forward on my healthy path even if I have not seen a lost for a few days. I know the greater victory is in being fit and in good health. Sorry, I didn't have a testimony of being obese to now average but I certainly couldn't pass your message without giving you some words of encouragement. So, I hope you will take this message and began to recondition your mind as well to the positive thinking of even if you don't see the results today or tomorrow you will surely see them if you keep trying and push yourself a little harder.
    Take care.
    Annokoye
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think "extremely" obese is somewhat subjective, but I was considerably obese before. I am now healthy. :bigsmile:
    158.jpg me @ 227 in June 2011
    096.jpg me @ 153 in June 2012
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just having one of those days where it seems like I am never going to get there, and could really use the motivation!!! :flowerforyou:

It'll take time you can do it!
    This is me. First pic is obese on the BMI scale and the second was taken a couple months ago. At the moment according to the BMI scale I'm still considered overweight but I can fit into larges and mediums at this point so I consider it "average" haha

fathalloween.jpg

janbeforeafter-1.jpg
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

It'll take time you can do it!
    This is me. First pic is obese o
    n the BMI scale and the second was taken a couple months ago. At the moment according to the BMI scale I'm still considered overweight but I can fit into larges and mediums at this point so I consider it "average" haha

fathalloween.jpg

janbeforeafter-1.jpg

You are gorgeous!
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    @cheri_ moves You look AWESOME!!!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think "extremely" obese is somewhat subjective, but I was considerably obese before. I am now healthy. :bigsmile:
    WOW!~ very impressive...you look great!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Inspiration right here! I started at 233 and want to get to where you are now 153. I am almost there. How tall are you?
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    just on the ideal level, was overweight!

02-07-12.jpg?w=530

my blog may inspire u :)

http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/category/weight-loss-images/
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Absolutely incredible! You look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!