Extremely obese to "average"? PICS PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Morbidly obese to "regular" obese in 1 year. Even my "goal" weight is considered overweight by the old charts but when I get there, I will see how I feel. My friends and family say they see a change, but my eyes have yet to acknowledge it. I know my clothes are bigger, but my brain just hasn't caught up with my wasitline. "Midweight Crisis". I like this term. I have 65lbs to go so I'm right at my halfway mark. Baby steps add up to climbing mountains. You can totally do this! :)
    Weightloss1.jpg

3314411.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It is completely achievable I promise, just believe in yourself and be driven! :wink:

I am 5'7"
    body fat 23%
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think "extremely" obese is somewhat subjective, but I was considerably obese before. I am now healthy. :bigsmile:
    158.jpg me @ 227 in June 2011
    096.jpg me @ 153 in June 2012

Wow, you look fabulous. I bet you feel like a million bucks too!
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just having one of those days where it seems like I am never going to get there, and could really use the motivation!!! :flowerforyou:

It'll take time you can do it!
    This is me. First pic is obese on the BMI scale and the second was taken a couple months ago. At the moment according to the BMI scale I'm still considered overweight but I can fit into larges and mediums at this point so I consider it "average" haha

fathalloween.jpg

janbeforeafter-1.jpg

Beautiful! Great job!
  • tena1785
    tena1785 Posts: 27
    Options
    you look FABULOUS!!
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow you all look amazing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing amazing results here everyone!! Great job and keep it up!
  • anig75
    anig75 Posts: 2
    Options
    You look GREAT! Thanks for the inspiration ;o)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I want to lose 100 lbs and im right in the middle of my goal. Its hard not to feel overwhelmed when you have a good amount to lose. I look at myself in the mirror and i feel like i look the same. I originally thought that i would have been content with my body if i could just lose 50 lbs (that was my original goal). Now i look at myself and i think im still huge and see everything that needs fixing. But, side by sides do help. I actually just did one today from the side and compared it to one from a month before i started this journey. It made me feel better. I'll share...

addbe0b4.jpg33644b6c.jpg
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still "obese" but pretty thrilled with my progress. First pic was taken in Feb 2011 and the second today at lunch time!

i-dhgHSQv-S.jpgi-kW5BBt3-S.jpg
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    wow you have done a great job, I think you will definitely motivate a lot of people here.

What did you do when it seemed that you were so far away from your goal?

You look beautiful!
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!! Thank you to EVERYONE who posted pics. You are SO motivating, and gave me just the kick I needed.

I cannot believe how amazing you ALL look!!!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    wow you have done a great job, I think you will definitely motivate a lot of people here.

What did you do when it seemed that you were so far away from your goal?

You look beautiful!

If you mean me, just took it one day at a time. I lost the first 30 lbs. without exercising but then it was getting harder. So I started walking and started losing well again. Then when it started getting difficult again, I started running. It's been harder again lately so I've been trying to focus on size changes rather than weight ones. But I still have a long way to go.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think "extremely" obese is somewhat subjective, but I was considerably obese before. I am now healthy. :bigsmile:
    me @ 227 in June 2011
    me @ 153 in June 2012

This is what I want to be!
    Though I'm starting about 50 lbs higher :0(
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Just having one of those days where it seems like I am never going to get there, and could really use the motivation!!! :flowerforyou:

It'll take time you can do it!
    This is me. First pic is obese o
    n the BMI scale and the second was taken a couple months ago. At the moment according to the BMI scale I'm still considered overweight but I can fit into larges and mediums at this point so I consider it "average" haha

fathalloween.jpg

janbeforeafter-1.jpg

You are gorgeous!

I was just going to say that! You're face is amazingly beautiful! --Hope that didn't sound too creepy :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, the picture is huge and I don't have time to adjust right now, I'll post it again later.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like I am not getting anywhere, I try putting the weight I've lost into perspective.

I've lost 27 lbs so far...that's the same as...

5 bags of flour or a 1 yr old toddler

You get the idea :0)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    That's me! It took me about a year. Though to be fair, I'm not quiiiiiite at an average BMI yet but I'm pretty close.

Success story thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/632212-one-year-120-pounds-lost-with-pics
    How I did it blog entry here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/-how-did-you-do-it-262680

Pics (more in the above links):

6844591968_a8477ffebd-1.jpg

536496_10150798038932407_612802406_9811341_1999968592_n.jpg
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    158.jpg me @ 227 in June 2011
    096.jpg me @ 153 in June 2012

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is amazing! Congratulations!!!!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    7544903376_21c017b2eb_z.jpg

Last Year @420 - Yesterday @285
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!