LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    "hey you! hope you are having a great Monday!"

am I supposed to respond to this?
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    "K."

Agreed!!! I wish I could be clever like this person when I get that response! HA!

k.jpg

I think I love the person who sent that text.
  • jmack20093
    jmack20093 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "FREE Verizon msg: Exclusive Offer! Last chance to get $100 off ANY new 4G LTE Smartphone! New 2yr agreement & data pak req'd. $30 upgrade fee will apply. Offer ends soon, so call 800.233.8974 today! Reply X to stop msgs"

Really verizon!?! at least spell things correctly. "pak"
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    K
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    "My wife checked my phone records . . . we can't talk anymore."
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Give me a baby!

and no, I don't get that one from my wife, I randomly got them from one of my exes for 5 years every time she was single. I eventually turned into an *kitten*, told her all of the benefits of having a baby with a military guy, the housing allowance, extra money, access to base, blah blah blah. Then I told her 'but you're a cheating *kitten* and I'd never have any kind of relations with you again' and hung up.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    "lol" when I send something of a errr dirty nature.

Yeah...that's no good. Laughing? Seriously? Grrr... :grumble:

(can you tell I know about this first hand?)
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    Mom: "Call me when you get off work"

It's never good.
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    Give me a baby!

and no, I don't get that one from my wife, I randomly got them from one of my exes for 5 years every time she was single. I eventually turned into an *kitten*, told her all of the benefits of having a baby with a military guy, the housing allowance, extra money, access to base, blah blah blah. Then I told her 'but you're a cheating *kitten* and I'd never have any kind of relations with you again' and hung up.

hahahahahaha good for you :)
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    When people want to have a full length conversation by text...yea no thanks!
    To me, K and yup and sup and lol nice and cya are perfectly acceptable.
    I don't have time to fat finger my response back about how I'm doing, what's been up, how was the 4th, where ya going, what are you doing, hows work....etc. Short and sweet responses back from me most of the time.

Totally agree!!! I HATE texting... if I need to say something beyond a couple of quick messages (yes, I understand that sometimes texting is absolutely appropriate and necessary) - I would much rather TALK to you...
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The text I always get from one of my sisters in May asking when we are going to pick our secret santas for CHRISTMAS.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Him: "Left a metal fork in the microwave." Next message: "It made mini lightning bolts." Then about thirty minutes later: "Bought you a new one."

I laughed so hard I couldn't be mad. Until it happened again that is.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    1) "hi" -- thats it? really? that is all you have to say? why did you even text me.
    2) "nm u" -- RAWR USE FULL WORDS!!
    3) "k"
    4) "?" -- when you don't answer some one right away, OMG drives me insane... i'll get back at you when I get back at you :mad:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Texts using multiple letters to emphasize a word. That's what CAPS is for. And worse is when the letter that is multiplied doesn't even make sense to repeat -- "I'm so excitedddddddddddddd" or "omgggggggggg" :huh: how do you pronounce that? I'll take a "K" over the stupid multiple letters any day.
  • missiemandy
    missiemandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    'K'
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I hate getting "lol", "lmao" or any variant in a message by itself. It means nothing to me. My boyfriend's notorious for using lol just as a "there I said something" response.

When I first got a phone with texting capabilities I HATED when my best friend texted me. It wasn't the content, but she would have
    two words
    on every
    single line
    and then
    hit send.
    She did this often enough that I had to put my phone on vibrate when I wasn't in the house because I would get embarrassed when my phone made the text alert sound every 3 seconds. She did the same thing when we were on instant messenger, it was the way she typed.

I also hate booty call texts that get forwarded from my IM service because people often mistake the word "pencils" in my username as "pen*s" so I get a lot of *kitten* and teenage girls wanting to send me pictures of their lopsided boobs. I had one dimwit text me at 3 am, then 4, then 5, and finally at 6 am I told her to go ram a whole chicken where she wanted my supposed appendage and she thought it was funny and kept flirting with me until I called her an ugly tramp and she got offended, called me a *kitten*, then quit.