• SherryGbaby
    Options
    I hate when I say something, and all i get back is "K"

It's so annoying!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    "?"

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I call you for a minute?

Usually at the most inopportune moment and time but I am usually busy busy anyway.
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    Ok..so let me get this straight. Everyone is complaining about getting the letter "K" replied to them after some say very lengthy text messages.

I would say "K" to the book someone texts me and then I would reply, can you pick up the D*@MN phone if you have so much to say to me. That is what I HATE. Texts where people write BOOKS . I don't want to have to type back a complete conversation.

Texting is for short simple questions, statements and replies. Examples: I will be there soon, I am on my way, Can you grab milk on the way home, Stuck in traffic be there in a few, I love you and I was thinking of you. Call me when you can talk.

There are many reasons for texting but BOOK WRITING and LENGTHY Conversations is not one of them.

Well...I went off on a little rant didn't I. Can you tell I answer "K" quite often.

^ This!!!! What I can't stand is when someone is texting back and forth and then I pick up the phone because this has now turned into a conversation that I don't feel like typing out and they DON"T ANSWER!! :explode:

You were obviously near your phone to be sending text messages at the very least pick up and say "I can't really talk right now I'll call you later"

Cause I am not having a whole long drawn out convo over text. Which for my generation means I don't get to conversate with people much anymore. :frown:

I personally hate long texts - anything longer than half a page of text is WAY TOO LONG!!! Pick up the phone and TALK to me dont send me a long text and expect a long response as I CANT BE AR**D!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Texts using multiple letters to emphasize a word. That's what CAPS is for. And worse is when the letter that is multiplied doesn't even make sense to repeat -- "I'm so excitedddddddddddddd" or "omgggggggggg" :huh: how do you pronounce that? I'll take a "K" over the stupid multiple letters any day.

You'd hate me!

Mine is K also.
    I don't mind lol/lmao but put it with the original text. Don't send a separate text.
    For Pete's sake speak like a literate human. No text lingo or I'll cut ya
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    Texts using multiple letters to emphasize a word. That's what CAPS is for. And worse is when the letter that is multiplied doesn't even make sense to repeat -- "I'm so excitedddddddddddddd" or "omgggggggggg" :huh: how do you pronounce that? I'll take a "K" over the stupid multiple letters any day.

YES! I hate thissssssss :laugh: and when they double the last letter in like every other word: hi howw are youu --- what the heck is that supposed to mean?
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    "K."

Yeah this. My sister does this to me all the time. Also, any text that is preceded by "Hey, can you do me a favor?" or "Are you busy?"
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The texts I don't get..... expecting a response and never getting it...
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    "My wife checked my phone records . . . we can't talk anymore."

*sigh* yeah, that one sucks too

Worse? Said wife calls from his phone. **shudder**
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I hate the "call me" text. This usually comes from my husband and has me thinking "you have my number on speed dial. you could've just hit one button and gotten me on the phone." Of course, what's even more annoying is when I do as he requests, call him, then he doesn't answer! Aaarrrggghhhh!!!

The other is "Mom, can I ask you something?" This usually involves $$$. :ohwell:
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    "Can you stop for milk on your way home?"

I was going to put this as soon as I read the header!! I was only going to say the one I hate is "....can you stop for _____ on the way home, I've just been to busy to stop by the store today...."
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I hate when I say something, and all i get back is "K"

I think this one beats them all for the most hated text message
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    When someone calls you but doesn't want to leave a voicemail, so they hit the page option at the end of the call, so via text, you get this dumb blank text just saying the number. My mom does this all. the. time.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    "Can you stop for milk on your way home?"

THIS... I joke that this is my wife's version of a love note to me.
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When someone says "we need to talk" or "i've got bad news" and then you call or text back and don't hear from them for hours.......drives me INSANE!

call me for important *kitten* not text me
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    ****. I say "K" all the time.
    So do I, but only as a way of confirming that I have indeed received the text to which I'm replying, and the sender and I are on the same page.
    Ex:
    "what time are you planning on coming over?"
    "Six"
    "K"
    ...as in, okay, I received that answer and will accordingly make sure I'm home by six, when you plan to be at my house.

I'd rather get 50 "K" messages than ever again receive a bunch of replies to someone's mass text from idiots I don't even know who clearly don't know how to use their smartphones that "Reply to All" by default.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I am thinking that mine would be any that come from my ex.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    "call me" ...ugh time spent seding that could have been spent calling me smh
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    "lol nice"

Freaking HATE it

Especially after a lengthy text

That. I get that SO often and ugh, it enrages me.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    "When are you gonna let me hit that?" (Not from my wife)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    We need to talk. Ugh.

This and "are you mad?"