What is crap food?

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Crap food would be food that prevents you from getting proper nutrition. That's all. If you've hit all of your nutrition goals, there is no "crap food," speaking from a health perspective.
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and the laughs. You guys are hilarious!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Is this thread about human centipede?

article_human_centipede2.png

They are connected by a long piece of bacon?
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Crap food to me is any sort of over processed foods/junk foods.. cookies, cake, pasta, pizza, etc. home made or not.. though home made is at least probably better nutritionally.
    I can't eat any. I will instantly gain like 5 pounds.

Actually homemade pizza can be very healthy! I ate it twice in this past week, and no, I did not gain 5 lbs.

You can control what goes on it. You can use whole wheat dough and low fat cheese if you want. Always a better choice than takeout and easier to log since you KNOW what you put on it.

I LOVE homemade pizza! Trader Joe's has an awesome whole wheat pizza crust that makes it so easy to make your own. Although, I'm a moderation girl, so sometimes we do go for the greasy delivery too. No food is off limits, there's just some that we eat less of, and more that we eat a LOT less of now.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Anything except bacon.

Bacon makes the world go round - so it can not be crap!
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    For me I consider it junk if its not on the outside perimeter of the store. The only things I end up buying on the "inside" are bread, dove dark chocolate for a sweet treat during the week, wheat thins and popcorn.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    If man makes it, it's probably crap.
    Just know that going in.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My definition is: prepackaged/processed food from grocery stores and/or fast food restaurants.
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Actually homemade X can be very healthy! I ate it twice in this past week, and no, I did not gain 5 lbs.

You can control what goes on X. You can use Y and Z if you want. Always a better choice than A and easier to log since you KNOW what you put on X.

== the equation of not-crap.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    For me crap food = food that is restaurant made. Even the "homemade" restaurant foods
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ok, so help a girl out. I've seen a few threads about others complaining about 'friends' losing weight while eating "crap" food, so I'm curious. What constitutes 'crap' food? Are there criteria that said food must meet? Is my homemade chocolate chip cookie more crap or less crap than the one I buy from the store bakery? Or are they the same? Is it crap if it's from a box? Or a bag? Or a fast food restaurant? What about fast food salads or grilled chicken sandwiches, are they crap too? I guess I'm just trying to figure out the parameters of what food is crap and what food will help me to be as healthy as I possibly can be. It's a process and I want to do my best.

Thanks for indulging!

Anything they're jealous of you eating, wish they could eat, and resent you somewhat for eating. :flowerforyou: I don't know why they just don't eat it if they're going to focus on it so much and move on.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If I only had crap for food, I'd lose weight too!

haha, couldn't resist! :laugh:

Clever...and disgusting! :laugh:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It's subjective. Like music. For example, some people think Nickleback is music. They're not; they're crap. Similarly, some people think tofu dogs are food....
    FTW!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    For me crap food = food that is restaurant made. Even the "homemade" restaurant foods
    Huh? All food is restaurant food. Anything homemade has been made in a restaurant.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    CRAP
    C - Carbonated beverages
    R - Refined Sugar
    A - Artificial Sweetners and colors
    P - Processed foods

Eat More FOOD

F- Fruits and Veggies
    O - Organic Lean Proteins
    O-Omega 3 Fatty Acids
    D - Drink water

Someone posted this to my page this morning and I thought it was helpful.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    The answer will vary from person to person, depending on how elitist they are.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of eating a few crap things, tho I like to think I eat ab 70-75% clean. Basically anything that is overly processed is crap. If they're ingredients in the list that you have no idea what is, it's crap pretty much.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Food which doesn't contribute effectively to my nutritional goals. That is all.

Jay
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    CRAP
    C - Carbonated beverages
    R - Refined Sugar
    A - Artificial Sweetners and colors
    P - Processed foods

Eat More FOOD

F- Fruits and Veggies
    O - Organic Lean Proteins
    O-Omega 3 Fatty Acids
    D - Drink water

Someone posted this to my page this morning and I thought it was helpful.

That is brilliant!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    The only crap food out there is the kind eaten to excess.