TRUTH ABOUT EGGS

Options
124»

Replies

• alpha1029
    alpha1029 Posts: 139
    Options
    A poached egg on a honey wheat english muffin is my favorite breakfast, usually with a little bit of cheese :happy:
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    11. They taste great!

12. Nothing else that is 70 calories is as filling as an egg.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have hens in my backyard--I swear I'll never eat store-bought again :) You've never had an egg until you've had farm fresh!

Two eggs (boiled, whites only) have enough protein in them that they'll tide me over until lunch.

I'm totally jealous!!

Actually where I live there's a lot of egg farming and the eggs in the supermarkets are locally produced. They're really nice, but it's not the same as laid that day eggs I'm sure!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I eat eggs every day and I've never understood why some people don't eat the yolks. A whole egg is only 70 calories and as you have mentioned, very good for you. Thanks again for the information!!! :bigsmile:

Me too! Unless I scramble it, I often eat the yolk and through out the white. I hate egg whites unless they are mixed in well enough to not notice the texture!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    ... Have people been attacking egg's nutritional value or something? :x I always try to eat at least two a day, they're absolutely marvelous snacks when hard boiled.
    I think the misconception is always that eggs are high in cholesterol, and are therefore bad for you. The yolk anyway.
    So this is nice to read!
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    I love eggs! I am allergic though :/
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I need to tell my grandparents about this! The eye benefits specifically!
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wish I could enjoy eggs as I love them but I've got an intolerance. oh how I miss them.
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Eggs are fabulous! Does anyone know if the 'Columbus' Omega 3 eggs actually contain a decent amount of Omega 3?
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    More info from UK... Vitamin D deficiency is the latest health scare, especially in our so-far hideously sunshine-free summer!!!

http://www.farminguk.com/news/Eggs-Now-with-extra-vitamin-D-and-less-cholesterol_20211.html
  • applesaucey
    applesaucey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a very informative post! I appreciate it.