Do you tip a pizza delivery man when..

Options
XtyAnn17
XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
The pizza place charges you a delivery charge?

Replies

• blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes. The delivery fee goes to the company, not the actual person delivering the pizza.
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Yes. Definitely yes
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    having worked in service industry - beyond a shadow of a doubt, but if I specify debit/ credit and they fail to bring the machine then they will get a much smaller tip.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Always!
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    Yes, but as a former food service worker I don't believe they should be tipped. They get minimum wage or more for a really simple job. It isn't like waiting tables where you do hard work and are paid below minimum wage.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yes, but as a former food service worker I don't believe they should be tipped. They get minimum wage or more for a really simple job. It isn't like waiting tables where you do hard work and are paid below minimum wage.

That's only the case in some states. In WA waiters/waitresses are paid minimum wage + tips.
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    Always, especially since my driver is this guy who moved from Russia (who grew up under communism) and is loving his job so much that he says its the American dream. I love the guy, always so positive with a good laugh and smile on his face.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    having worked in service industry - beyond a shadow of a doubt, but if I specify debit/ credit and they fail to bring the machine then they will get a much smaller tip.

probably the delivery person wasnt told to bring a machine. good grief. tip the guy or gal
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    depending on the company they're working for (they = the driver) they supply the vehicle, they supply the maintenance on that vehicle, they put the gas into it, minimum wage doesn't go far towards getting that pizza to your door. Rare company that supplies the vehicle and fuel, around here at least.
    I don't tip for the pick-ups, that's cost of business, they have the money in for the meal to pay overhead.

it's on the receipt that they pick up when they pick up the order
    DEBIT / CREDIT required, not my fault they didn't "look" at the order, shall I tip them or shall i send them on their way because I don't deal in cash?
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Yup!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I guess you havnt done delivery. I have and it can be hard and scary and dangerous.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    yes, but since i am poor, not as much. Pizza places know they are going to deliver, so they should just accept it as a cost of doing business. (build it into the cost of the pizza)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Always, and call out my friends when I catch them being cheap *kitten* and not tipping.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    yes, but since i am poor, not as much. Pizza places know they are going to deliver, so they should just accept it as a cost of doing business. (build it into the cost of the pizza)

With all due respect, if you can afford a pizza, you can afford a decent tip.
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Always!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

That's only the case in some states. In WA waiters/waitresses are paid minimum wage + tips.

Fast food people make minimum wage... In believe drivers do too...

With that said, yes we do... Especially right now when the drivers have to go out of their way because of road construction... It insures that web get speedy delivery and they don't forget something. ;-)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I only eat clean, so I don't order pizza.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    always
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I worked at 2 pizza places before. Drivers generally do not make any hourly wage. I got 10 bucks upfront at one place each shift (plus 1.50 per order) and the other one was similar.

If you are too cheap to tip, don't order out. If you are poor and don't have a car, I understand the first time. If you order out often, then you must not be that poor.

Reminder: A driver never forgets the good tippers, and especially the bad ones.

If I get two orders at once, and the cheapo is much closer to get to. I will rush to the good tipper first, then take my sweet *kitten* time to the bad tipper.
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I tip everyone.