What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My parents make a home made dressing of vingiger with oil. For tast they add different things like onions, mustered, and some type of fruit..

Best there is. Getting to the point where I don't like other dressings.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just found a really good and very light one. Try the Fat-Free Balsamic dressing made by Maple Grove Farms of Vermont. 15 calories per 2 tbsp. Yummy!!!
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    Lately, I have been putting a dollop of hummus on my salad. It has few calories and I love it. I also use balsamic vinegar on my salad sometimes. Most of the time, I avoid salad dressing because it sort of defeats the purpose. The less I use it, the less I want it.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    I am a Catalina guy, but I do more dry salads now, I don't even think about it I just eat.
  • DonnaCW
    DonnaCW Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You probably think this is strange, but I got the idea from my mom when I was a little girl. This is how she got us kids to eat salad. She sprinkled sugar on it! ( There was no Equal back then, but we can use it now!) It satisfies the crunchy and the sweet tooth at the same time! Try it! ;)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I use salsa, like pineapple or mango salsa. Delish on salad!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Google Walden Farms, sooo many choices all with 0 calories, 0 carbs.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Annie's lite raspberry vinagrette and her balsamic vinagrette are both awesome.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    :smile: low sodium salsa (from sams club) or balsalmic vinegar.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I need something new to put on my salad..I usually use Newmans Lite Honey Dijon...but im sooo tired of it..Any ideas? ;)

I make my own... Rice vinegar, honey, fresh ground ginger, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and a splash of orange juice and lemon juice... I have no idea about the measurements, but I eyeball it.... It's great on spinach salad with strawberries and mandarin oranges!!
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Light Champagne Vinaigrette or just vinegar.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    I am an absolute dressing addict! I probably have ten half-full bottles sitting in the fridge right now, lol! But my go-to favorites are:

Balsamic vinaigrette (typically Newman's)
    Raspberry poppyseed vinaigrette (Kraft is pretty good)
    Low Fat Sesame Ginger (Newman's)
    Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch
    Tuscan House Italian (Kraft)

Lately, I've been mixing 1 tbsp of spicy ranch with 1 tbsp of the Tuscan Italian. It's amaaaazing, and tastes especially good with buffalo chicken on a salad.

But, really, I buy all kinds of dressings (I love trying new things!) and I typically don't go for low fat or whatever. The dressing is sometimes what makes the salad, so have fun with it! Just don't drown your salad in it. :tongue:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I put salsa on my salad. Really hot salsa

^^ This and when I am making it fancy sometimes I mix in a tablespoon or two of sour cream to make it creamy salsa.
  • reddrum1
    reddrum1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really like the walden farms dressings. zero carb and calories. I have tried the blue cheese, sesame ginger,honey mustard, and the thousand island
  • rayhartley
    rayhartley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i just squeeze half of a lime, lots of fresh ground pepper and salt...yummmm!
  • mommaPeach72
    Options
    I use a Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette on my salads...I absolutely love it, I don't get tired of it.
  • dreamof_perfection
    dreamof_perfection Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!
    all i add is some salt and pepper!
    Put things like onions and kalamata olives in your salad, along with feta cheese.
    These taste great, and if you eat some in each bit, they add the flavor you lack in dressing.
  • mandi_2007_b
    Options
    I use salad spritzer, Italian vingerette, 1 cal per spray and ya don't need alot for taste!!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I go big on a salad & have full calorie blue cheese. Gotta put some fat in you each day.