What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• sunshineshica
    Options
    Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch Dressing it's about 70 calories for 2 tablespoons.
  • Sheepdog22
    Sheepdog22 Posts: 11
    Options
    Mustard - either honey or dijon and Apple Cider Vinegar. Hardly any cals.

OR
    Try salsa

I agree with Jessica. I whip up a batch for the week. usually consists of apple cider vinegar, spicy mustard, little bit of olive oil, and some Italian seasoning. Depending on the salad i will throw in some different stuff. Salsa is also delicious.
  • HulaHips83
    HulaHips83 Posts: 129
    Options
    I change it up. I get the dressing on the side and dip my fork in it before getting my bite. I get just enough taste from the dressing and end up not eating much of it so I get fewer dressing calories.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I use the juice out of the jar of jalopeno peppers (and various others also) that I get at Wal-mart. Makes it a little spicy and it taste sooo good.:smile:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    kens honey mustard
    full fat ranch
    full fat mayo
    full fat sour cream
    kens italian

sometimes i mix a few of them as well. today i had mayo and italian.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    There is alot of replies to this and I have not read them all and I do not know if you will even read this however the best advice EVERRR is use any dressing that you love and enjoy just do not put it on your salad...measure a serving in a small dish on the side and dip your fork in it before you take a bite of your salad, TRUST ME it works... your brain will taste the dressing and it will taste just as if you have poured it on your salad and you do not use near as much, for a huge salad I use maybe a tablesoon and it is delicioussss!!!! I love tricking myself...hehe!! the only time I pour it on is when its a low cal vinegrette type dressing....but dipping works on that as well!!
  • lfm1968
    lfm1968 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use the Bolthouse yogurt based dressings - no preservatives and yummy!
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Kraft Sun-Died Tomato and Oregano (50 cals per Tbsp) or Raspberry Vinaigrette (30 cals per Tbsp). Or just plain old balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    I use caeser or taco salsa - love it!
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ken's Lite Sun Dried Tomato. Yum!
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A spritz of fresh lemon juice.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse Dressings has a good line-up of lite options. I use Ken's Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette, Ken's Lite Northern Italian, Ken's Lite Ceasars, Ken's Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette and another that I can't remember off the top.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love the Ken's lite nothern italtian but I also love the wishbone zesty italian or washbi is good on a salad if you like heat.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ken's steakhouse cesear and I spice it up with Chipotle salsa.... or I use wishbone robusto italian combined with Safeway Creamy itialin...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've recently started getting 100 calorie packs of Wholly Guacamole and using that instead of salad dressing---OMG, best salads EVER!
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    none.
    i have not found a dressing i like that is worth the calories.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I never use dressing at home. I use an arabic spice called "Summac". If you're ever had fatoosh, the spice they put on it is called Summac. The spice is also great to put on top of your burgers after you take them off the grill
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    I love Ceasar... but so fattening.
    I searched low calorie Ceasar Salad Dressings and the best rated was Ken's Steak House Lite Ceasar.
    I had never heard of Ken's Steak House Dressings.
    Found It at WalMart. OMG.... Delishous! You would NEVER know it was low cal.
    Also, In the produce section in the cooler next to salads you can find LIGHT HOUSE Lite Salsa Ranch. Very Yummy!
    I really hate "light" salad Dressings but these are GOOD!
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Here in south africa we have Knorr light salad dressings in French, Ranch, italian, Yogurt n Herb (my face) all 13cals a Tbl spoon (:
  • Ronie111
    Ronie111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I either just use fresh squeezed lemon or red wine vinegar. If I am low on my fat intake for the day I will add some olive oil. I grow my own herbs so some finely chopped thyme and rosemary and a dash of garlic really makes the salad special.