What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wow I never thought of trying salsa! I'm so glad I read this post. Too bad I used up my salsa last night when cooking :( I eat a salad every day for lunch and was so excited to try it tomorrow! haha! Guess it will wait.
  • missgabriella22
    Options
    One of my absolutely favorites is Wishbone Light: Buffalo Ranch. Gives the salad the perfect amount of kick! And its only 70 calories for 2 tablespoons!! :)
  • Pulka_Dot
    Pulka_Dot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I put salsa.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I rarely use dressing anymore. It was a bit scary the first time I ate a salad without dressing (after years of smothering salads with dressing) but as it turns out, salad tastes perfectly fine on its own. When I do use dressing, I use a lite Caesar or Italian (small amount to limit sodium), or I use olive oil (small amount to limit fats).
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I love ranch -- but that gets boring -- my favorite home made dressing is just lemon zest, grated garlic, and olive oil. I actually keep a bottle of olive oil with lemon peel and garlic clove in it and use it to cook with too. I'm not sure what it is about lemon zest but I cannot get enough of it on dark cold greens and chicken -- two things I eat a lot of. The oil is a bit of a splurge, but I love how it coats food -- you really don't need as much as you think to have "enough".

I know a lot of people love Bolt House dressings --- but I cannot ever find them. Womp, womp.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Cucumber vinegar dressing... Comes in at 5-10 cals per tbsp and no added salt needed. Put all the ingredients in a blender and refrigerate.

1 large cucumber
    handful of parsley
    lemon juice
    tbsp white vinegar
    handful of cilantro
    some freshly ground pepper
    low sodium Dijon mustard
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My own, fav dressing:
    Apple Cider Vinegar (although right now my FAV vinegar is raw coconut vinegar), 3 tablespoons
    2 tbps of extra virgin olive oil
    squeeze 1 small lemon or half a large lemon (juice)
    stevia drops, powder or splenda or honey (just a few drops) to sweeten the tartness
    pinch of sea salt
    1 tsp of organic mayo

mix, it makes a great, creamy vinegar-like dressing.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    doesn't look like my current salad is listed... I add fresh cilantro, mint, parsley to my greens and veggies. For the dressing: Rice vinegar, hot pepper sauce like Tabasco, and some oil. It is like a Vietnamese noodle bowl. YUM!
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My favorite for summer is just lemon juice with lemon pepper
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette Dressing.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon Paul Newman's lite Italian and then spritzer squirts of Wegman's mango vinegar. Another is spritzer squirts of olive oil and squirts of raspberry vinegar.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    i'm kind of obsessed with Brianna's dressings. right now i have their french vinaigrette, poppy seed, and cesar in my fridge right now :)
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i love, love boathouse yogurt dressings. They are in the refrigerated section with the maries and bobs big boy fattening stuff. quite a few are only 30-45 calories for 2 tablespoons and they do not have preservatives and crap in them and they are super yummy. do not taste diet at all. i have tried so many, and these are the best by far. love the blue cheese, the salsa ranch and the vinaigrette.

i also love pear champagne from trader joes. :)
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    another favorite: Rothschild farms wasabi raspberry mustard (10 calories per teaspoon) with a little bit of olive oil and a lot of balsamic vinegar.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I really don't like too many salad dressings. I'm good with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Maybe grate some parmesan on top, too.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like to mix my own with EVOO, white balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, dash of white pepper and a hint of sea salt.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like making my own. Mine kind of play on the idea of using an acid, an herb, and an emulsifier. For a light take on Tex-Mex or Southwest style salads, I like Lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, a dash of cumin or coriander, and olive oil. I also like using vinegar (champagne wine or red wine), tarragon or oregano, and whole-grain dijon mustard. That formula seems to work for me.
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use salsa!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Annie's Gingerly Lite only 20 cals per Tablespoon
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Kraft Sundried Tomatoe and Oregano or sometime some Tzitkai sauce is ymmy