What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• jadejadelee
    Options
    Do you like pickles? If you do then you might like this.

I put some sauerkraut (edens organic in glass jar cause it is full of probiotics like in yogurt), cayenne pepper and a tbs of nutritional yeast.

Mix it through and you get all that vitamin B from the yeast and probiotics for your digestive tract and it taste all vinegary (if you like that sort of thing)

salad dressing??

The sauerkraut is a pickled cabbage, so the vinegar goes with it, the nutritional yeast melts in it and the cayenne is extra flavor. Think of it like the salsa method of dressing instead of a bottle.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I don't really like dressing, so I squeeze lemon juice on mine
  • Davis1818
    Davis1818 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1 teaspoon walnut oil
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A little evoo, a dash of balsamic vinegar, two teaspoons of lemon juice mixed with fresh parsley.

Really good.
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with the fit and active light ranch from aldi's. its 40c per tbs tho. I also love salsa on my salads!
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe Balsamic Vinaigrette or their Red wine vinegar and oil.....then I pour out some of the oil at the top before I use it...saves calories. Or I just make a simple dressing of 1 tsp olive oil, 1 T. vinegar (any kind), 1/4 tsp dijon mustard, a drop of honey
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use Wish-Bone Superfruit Berry Vinaigrette. 70 cal/2 Tbsp. Supposedly helps with the absorption of vitamins A and E with the oils in it. No High Fructose Corn Syrup and high in Omega 3. Plus, it tastes good.
  • jerrbear67
    jerrbear67 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Renee's Wellness Yogourt Dressing Roasted Garlic. One tablespoon is about 45 cals and 5g of fat. But it's real good!
  • aleshai
    aleshai Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    dorothy lynch (when I wanna be bad), girards light champagne, newmans own light balsamic vinagrette, and my own red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing! YUM --wishbone light ranch isn't bad either
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I switch back and forth between Pompeian - Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar and Ken's Steakhouse Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette. MMMMMM to both. :)

Ken's Lite Balsamic is my fave!
  • MSVICKIE
    MSVICKIE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Waldons dressings, lots of different flavors & zero calories.
  • _Punjab
    _Punjab Posts: 67
    Options
    Use whatever dressing you'd like and dip your fork in it. Seriously. If you're not a fork dipper, TRY IT!!! You'll be amazed at how little dressing you actually use and how much flavor you get!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based dressings - 35 calories a serving, several flavors, delicious.

Walden Farms 0 calorie dressings. . . mix them with any dressing you like to cut the calories in half.

Great diet tools.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Kraft Fat free red raspberry vinigarette
    YUM!!!!
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of vinegar dressings , I have always loved creamy ranch type dressings so I mostly make my own. I use 1 ratio of light sour cream to 2 ratios of fat free mayo or miracle whip & some Uncle Dan's ranch dressing & dip mix. Or some other spices! I thin it out with a bit of low fat milk & whisk it together. The sour cream is 20 calories for 2 tablespoons & fat free miracle whip is 15 calories per tablespoon. So it is very low in calories & I really like it!! I do use some balsamic vinegar dressings as well for a change up!
  • newzuri
    newzuri Posts: 2
    Options
    I use Maple Grove Raspberry Vinegerette 35 kal, it's so good
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    make your own balsimac vingar, truvia sweeten to your taste, a dash of extra virgin olive oil mix in to taste, itialian seasoning (spice)
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I make my own dressings from recipes on skinnytaste.com. I make Bleu cheese and ranch. Delicious!
  • shepherdbl
    shepherdbl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love salsa, pico de gallo mixed with fresh lemon, straight rice vinegar, straight balsamic vinegar (the flavored ones are interesting), or just 1-2 TEASPOONS of regular dressings thoroughly mixed into the salad. Mixing my own vinagrette with vinegar and EVOO (more vinegar, less oil) and spices is always nice too.

I totally DISLIKE lite, light, diet dressings. They have a disgusting flavor.
  • shepherdbl
    shepherdbl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have also done the fork dipping and find it EXTREMELY satisfying - especially with creamy dressings.