What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft poppy seed or blue cheese. Yes, they are 120-140 cal per 2 Tbs, but I usually don't use the full 2 Tbs. Also, some fat is essential, and I work it into my calories goals and macros. It also makes the salad more satisfying for longer.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I make my own!

1/4cup vinegar, 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 pinches cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp orageno, 1/4 tsp salt.

Mix together and shake very well. Allow to sit in the fridge overnight.. or it will just taste like vinegar. Shake VERY VERY well before each use! Its green! =)
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I microwave a small bowl of Nutella and drizzle it on.

Or else use the 30 calories/serving Raspberry vinaigrette at Target.

Either way.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Anything by Organicville (from Whole Foods) or Annie's Naturals. No sugar!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I love Mango Balsamic Vinegar and Pomegranate Balsamic vinegar... only 20 calories per tbsp. I also dip veggies in it sometimes. So good!

Wow that sounds good. Where is that? In the US?
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    plain old vinegar and oil! I like the balsamics best. I pour it into a little travel shampoo bottle and bring it with me to work. Shake it up, and pour it on! I recently started experimenting with making and bottling some of my own vinaigrettes too (I eat a lot of salads lol). One I tried recently: pear, shallot, gorgonzola. DELISH!
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use a this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-balsamic-vinaigrette/detail.aspx

However, I scale it down to one serving. it works out to be 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp honey and a dash of soy sauce.

It's delicious! :)
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Newmans Lite Lime Vinaigrette!! Love the fresh tangy, kinda tart, kinda sweet taste!!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Kraft Light Raspberry Vinegrette
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Rice Vinegar!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Kraft - Zesty Italian - calorie wise. 5 cals per TBSP
    :D
  • stacifahlsing
    stacifahlsing Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use a meyer lemon, safflower oil (about half the amount of liquid from the lemon in oil), kosher salt, and pepper... shake and use sparingly on my romaine lettuce. It tastes pretty good! My favorite thing to do is search pinterest for dressing ideas! They have some really great ones too!
  • QuestForFitness
    Options
    Can I just say that I hated all salad dressings until about a month ago...Zia's Sweet Oil and Vinegar. Bomb.
  • tvl0308
    tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use Walden Farms it is calorie free, sugar free, fat free,carbohydrate free, gluten free, cholesterol free.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    trader joe's champagne pear with gorgonzola. 45 calories for a 2 TBS serving. it's a mix of sweet and tart. i love it!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Ken's low fat chunky bleu cheese dressing with a squeeze of Sriracha. Yummy!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I put salsa on my salad. Really hot salsa
  • giantsr1
    giantsr1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steak House Lite Asian Sesame With Ginger and Soy

Really good on mixed greens with feta and craisins - Yum!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    There are some good recipes here, going to have to try them out, i Usually use Fat Free sun-dried tomato and oregano, but i'm almost out of it, i eat salad almost every day!!! Sometimes twice a day!!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I switch back and forth between Pompeian - Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar and Ken's Steakhouse Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette. MMMMMM to both. :)