Your Recipe: Chicken Tikka Masala

Options
124»

Replies

• Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I dont' know if it's been said, my friend use to make the curry using Greek Yogurt as the base. it was delicious. Not quite as heavy, and tasted really good.

I will have to try that where not listed in recipes.

One concern i have is that I do not know how to get rid of the acidity of tomato sauce and yogurt. I know sugar helps, but I don't know if that is correct.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    When i first started cooking Indian food, it took me FOREVVERRRRR like 3 hours for one dish... Now I make a complete meal in about 2 hours and that's usually a nonveg(meat) curry, a very curry or fry, a rice dish, raita, and a sweet! Best advice is get spice cups, and prepare everything in advance in the order you want to use it. If you add onions/green chillis at the same time... have them chopped and in the same bowl. If 3 minutes later you add your cumin/turmeric/coriander etc.. have all 3 spices already together in 1 bowl to just dump in. I do this for everything and keep in in the order I need to use it. :) It's helped... A LOT.. and you can always add more spice as your tongue desires!!
    And yes, if you wanted to come to India Fest .. you're more than welcome. Just look up India Fest memphis 2012 and I'm sure you'll find it! But there's probably one similar, maybe bigger and better, close to you!

I'm in Memphis... we have India Fest every November.. Food from every region... it's AWESOME!! I got to cook there last year! haha... but I have more Indian friends than American ones..... LOL

HAHA let's do this... we cook.. the guys play Cricket.. hahahahaha

I just planned out my menu for the weekend... will blog it soon.
    I too don't measure spices, I just judge, taste, add.... so it's difficult to write down recipes. I just guess mostly when trying to share with someone else! ;)

Wow that is amazing never heard of such a thing. Would love to do that/something like it. Would be cool to see Memphis also, I will just have to see if I can get time off/finances for such a deal, were that to happen (not sure if you were even inviting me lol).

Anyhow... that is really awesome. I just wonder how people are able to remember what they did, when they add 13 spices (maybe I was adding a lot of unnecessary ons, as I see these recipes don't necessarily have that many) its hard to keep in my brain approx amounts of all 10-20 of them. Plus I wouldn't just do the spice in the begininnning, I would continuously add stuff until I thought it tasted good or edible. But I will learn! These recipes will be great.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I must try this...I just tried chicken tikka masala for the first time and now I don't know why I didn't try it sooner