Any single girls feel like this ?

Options

Replies

• MichaelaAustin
    MichaelaAustin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 24... with school, and moving all the time, and working towards a career, I've found single life is alot less complicated, and I'm better able to focus on me (maybe I'm selfish, but I still got alot of growing to do).

My bff is a relationship girl... and seems to always want to give up, but before you know it she's with someone new, maybe that's you? She really turns her life around for each one of these guys lol but I love her

In any case, my advice is to keep yourself busy and continue to build the life you want, so eventually you'll be able to see what guy fits into your life, not the other way around. Be the person you would want to date.

Myself, I want to continue to make my life interesting, my career successful, and all my friendships meaningful. :) I figure its a good place to start

Hope you feel better
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Also for some reason almost every guy that compliments me or flirts with me is at least 30. I don't mind older guys but when they are old enough to be my father or grandfather it's just too much.

Erm... my BF is 45... I'm 26...

All of the guys I've dated have been at least 7yrs older than me. I admit J is the biggest kid of them all, age is just a number.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Like attracts like. Make a list of qualities you're looking for. Affectionate, quick witted, confident, reliable, decisive, good humored, thoughtful, generous, etc. Work on those character traits within yourself. Don't focus so much on hunting for Mr. Right. Be Miss Right, be comfortable with yourself and pursue interests and goals. Men can smell needy a mile away. They can also detect a woman who is interesting. Everyone wants to be loved and wanted more than they are needed. We simply do not want to be responsible for another person's complete happiness and reason for living. It's too much for anyone to handle and it isn't fair to expect it from them.

well. said.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Seriously, just start using men and eventually one will try to hold you down and actually work for more of your attention. Just becareful not to turn around and smother him once he's there.

Relationship problems solved.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and i feel like giving up on guys. I have had four boyfriends only one of them was a serious relationship. I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things. Also for some reason almost every guy that compliments me or flirts with me is at least 30. I don't mind older guys but when they are old enough to be my father or grandfather it's just too much. I have no idea what i am doing with guys honestly and i am starting to think i will end up alone.

Anybody else feel this way ?

So 30 is now grandparent age? You must be a dream date.

I meant I am fine with dating guys who are 30 or 35 but when they get to be 40 and up that's a bit much for me. 20 years difference is too much for me.

Using your words helps clarify things. Not that I am the PC police by any means but, there are more than a few people on this site who have large age spans b/w their significant others. I'm 36 and dating a guy who is 28. He's definitely not complaining...
    LOVE is LOVE. Men are men and this is a fitness website for the most part...how has that been going lately? Are you feeling jaded b/c you aren't feeling good about yourself? 22 is awfully young for that kind of attitude.

Yeah if somebody else is with someone who is 20 years older than them and it works that's great. I have just never met a guy who was that much older than me that I liked in a romantic way. I know its not good that I feel this way but I do feel better if I am in a relationship and happy. At the same time though I won't just go out with anyone so I don't feel lonely.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things.

I have no idea what i am doing with guys
    Sounds to me like you just don't know yourself yet, let alone know guys.

My advice: Date casually for the next few years until your upper 20s. Enjoy your 20s and your life. Spend the time getting to know who you are and being comfortable with yourself.

I agree! I'm 28. I spent the last 7 years in and out of a "relationship" that wasn't meant to be only because I didn't think I could do better! Give yourself time and lots of credit. Never settle! Enjoy your 20's - you have lots of time to find a guy that's perfect for you <3
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't be giving up on men already, there are so many more of them out there. ~smiles~

Just because the few you've known aren't ready to invest the time and energy you want, doesn't mean there aren't a lot who will.

As for why you're getting the attention of older guys? Sometimes it takes people until they're a bit older to really appreciate someone who takes some work.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and i feel like giving up on guys. I have had four boyfriends only one of them was a serious relationship. I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things. Also for some reason almost every guy that compliments me or flirts with me is at least 30. I don't mind older guys but when they are old enough to be my father or grandfather it's just too much. I have no idea what i am doing with guys honestly and i am starting to think i will end up alone.

you're feelings are shared by many or have been experienced by others at some point in their life. i had the same thoughts about girls at one point.

so....30 is old enough to be your dad or grandpa huh. too funny....:smile:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your life, and work towards achieving things that are important to you (career, travel, whatever). Eventually you may find someone to be with (in all likelihood), but if you don't, you've still had a rich, enjoyable life.

I will say, from back in my dating days, nothing was a turn-off like someone who seemed desperate to find "the one."
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Don't stress! I was in the same situation as you, and was really frustrated by only having interested guys who were around 30! Just took me moving to a new continent at 23 to find the right man for me :) You're 22, it'll all be ok. Enjoy this time, and try not to let it get you down.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, single (again) and I'll never give up on men. I like them WAY too much. ;)

I hear Adam Levine is single now....hmmm <3

Seriously, don't rush it. You're still VERY young. Take it from someone who got married young (twice). Enjoy your youth.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    men are just the desserts, life is the main course...you don't NEED a man to be happy.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    1. 22 year old boys don't have the brain capacity yet to be involved in a serious relationship. seriously. it takes until AT LEAST 27.
    2. who wants a serious relationship at 22 anyway?
    3. for heaven's sake just enjoy being YOUNG AND SINGLE because it's AWESOME. go have fun and get a dog to snuggle with!

So, so true...

Enjoy life, enjoy yourself. Don't appear desperate or needy because that will scare the guys away. Just be yourself and somebody will come along for you.
  • isntbaconhealthy
    Options

you could always go for chicks - that way you can double your wardrobe too!!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    bodybuilderballet.gif

I don't even know why I'm laughing, but that is hilarious!

hahahah good laugh!
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    you are only 22 years old! a baby in my eyes! :wink: don't give up. i didn't find "the one" until i was 29. for the moment, enjoy your life. enjoy being a single you. everything else will fall into place in due time.
  • MarieAnneN
    MarieAnneN Posts: 205
    Options
    Kind of but I'm not yet 100% ready to give up on guys. I'm 18, I think I can find someone before I'm 100. :P

That's the spirit.

18 & 22 is really to young to think like that!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I'm 47 now and when I look back at me at 22, I am so changed. I got married at 36 and glad I waited. I knew myself so much better, had guy friends, but no serious boyfriend. Don't give up on guys. Work on yourself and what you have to bring to a relationship. Relationships aren't 50/50 they're 100/100. If you want 100% from your other half, then you make sure you're giving 100% to the relationship too. They're hard work, and I'm still learning stuff about myself that I need to work on. But I'm glad I waited a while. (you don't have to wait until you're in your mid-30s by the way!! lol)
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

So 30 is now grandparent age? You must be a dream date.

I meant I am fine with dating guys who are 30 or 35 but when they get to be 40 and up that's a bit much for me. 20 years difference is too much for me.

Using your words helps clarify things. Not that I am the PC police by any means but, there are more than a few people on this site who have large age spans b/w their significant others. I'm 36 and dating a guy who is 28. He's definitely not complaining...
    LOVE is LOVE. Men are men and this is a fitness website for the most part...how has that been going lately? Are you feeling jaded b/c you aren't feeling good about yourself? 22 is awfully young for that kind of attitude.

^This^
    I met my wife at a wedding, she was one of the brides maid, me a groomsmen. My wife is 13 years younger than me. She was just getting ready to turn 24 when we met, I was 37. I will be honest, I only planned to hit it and quit it, but love is love, and we fell in love with each other. Our age Diff, is nothing to us now.
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and just found my "one". I am glad I waited. More mature and stable to maintain a grown up relationship. He is 8 years older than me and the most wonderful man ever. Or I guess he is old enough to be my grandpa! :noway: